Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Men of War > Men of War: Vietnam

Men of War: Vietnam A new title in the world-known Men of War real-time tactics game series

Old 09-09-2011, 11:22 AM
Registered Member

Default Refund Request.

Dear Sir/Madam,

After being exceptionally satisfied thus far with each (and all!) prior version of the MOW series (see my reviews on many game websites), I must voice my disappointment with MOW:Vietnam.

I purchase MOW games purely for PvP multiplayer, and although after reading everything possible on the game from Steam (which, at my time of purchase, had only ONE option - no 'Special Edition') I gathered from the information provided and the multiplayer icon (I noticed that the game details mention

Singleplayer
Multiplayer
Co-op

Surely then, this is false advertising! There is no multiplayer, only co-op! Then, after coming on today to find my game without a multiplayer, I re-visit the steam page to find that there has been a 'special edition' added with PvP multiplayer at an extra cost...

Well, I can hardly express my anger in writing. After spending no less than a small fortune on MOW titles and DLC, I'd expect the company not to attempt to squeeze another measly £'s from my pocket for something that should be available to all!!!!

Therefore, I shall be entering my complaint into formal writing and beginning a petition for a refund.
Should this blasphemy of game sales marketing go unresolved, I will be writing it up as an article and taking it to work to publish! I feel that others should be warned about what I judge to be frankly a 'scam'. I am very disappointed with the team.
Old 09-09-2011, 11:25 AM
Approved Member

Multiplayer was only advertised on the special edition, standard versions only stated co-op on the campaign.
Old 09-09-2011, 11:32 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho pigeon View Post
Multiplayer was only advertised on the special edition, standard versions only stated co-op on the campaign.
Incorrect. When MOW:Vietnam first went on sale for 'pre-order' there was no 'special edition' available on the page to purchase, and it stated that Multiplayer was available.
Old 09-09-2011, 12:05 PM
Registered Member

Calm down, this is not false advertising
It is merely a bit of chaos release, after all it was actually meant to be release 6 pm GMT according to the Steam Store page. This is also why we don't got a CD key yet (thus Coop is only available over LAN).

Also, you may rest assured there IS multiplayer in the game. You can actually try it out: simply copy an MP map from another MoW game (assault squad works too) into your map folder. You can then start a multiplayer game over LAN on that map

And I tried it out - the MP is identical to MoW. That means (even without mod support) you can simply copy any map (any game mode) and play it with the Vietnam units.

I don't guarantee correctness of this post, I might have just said rubbish.
Old 09-09-2011, 03:28 PM
Approved Member

My understanding is that Men of War: Assault squad was to remain the series' main multiplayer game and Men of War: Vietnam had always been intended as purely a singleplayer/co-op campaign experience. That's how they advertised it from the very beginning. It's possible that it was Steam's fault for making the release rather confusing.
Old 09-09-2011, 04:42 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeBee886 View Post
My understanding is that Men of War: Assault squad was to remain the series' main multiplayer game and Men of War: Vietnam had always been intended as purely a singleplayer/co-op campaign experience. That's how they advertised it from the very beginning. It's possible that it was Steam's fault for making the release rather confusing.
toatally agree. In fact, I bet Vietnam Multiplayer might be released as a DLC for MOW:AS. (obviously this is just a guess)
Old 09-09-2011, 06:45 PM
Approved Member

For the one who didn't buy the Special Edition, you would have to put out $4.99 to upgrade your standard version to get the Special Edition Exclusives,

Last edited by SpeedWolf; 09-09-2011 at 06:47 PM.
Old 09-12-2011, 06:51 PM
Registered Member

I'm giving 21 days from the date of this post to correct/rectify the horrific issues with this game, until I publish my thoughts and that of MANY others (quoted from steam and this forum) in the group's sites and forums.
Old 09-12-2011, 07:00 PM
Registered Member

Mhm, its almost funny to see how desperate many people are trying to get a refund/support etc. Well, if it wasn't so sad that is.
I don't think this will change anything but I hope that 1C (or whoever developed this "Game") realizes that my trust in the quality of Men of War series has dropped... my next Men of War game will certainly NOT be a blind buy again. I hope others think the same.
Old 09-12-2011, 09:06 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombifreak View Post
I agree about the Blind buy part, but why should 1C give a damn if noone likes their game and it's bad? As long as they make money out the ass they couldn't care less seeing as I've seen no attempt to fix any of this at all.
funny, the official Steam group has over 300 online and some 100 playing. yet the complainers can be counted on one hand. and they seem to be same ones over here as in the Steam forum...