Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 08-18-2010, 05:39 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by themink View Post
On a slightly more serious note, I noticed the exhaust line in this video, it has never ocured to me that we have been missing it all this time.
No its not, in IL2 1946 fly any manual mixture aircraft on an over-rich setting and you get smoke.

The aircraft in the video is probably smoking because low altitude airshow display aircraft are sometimes run full rich for safety.
Old 08-19-2010, 03:38 AM
Approved Member

Guys look at the trees....

Old 08-19-2010, 04:57 AM
Approved Member

Talking

Nice video of Lausanne (Ouchy) and the Chillon Castel.

Need some Swiss conifers essences in South of the "U" Kingdom forest ?

Blink and you really do miss it.

Last edited by Rodolphe; 08-19-2010 at 05:38 AM.
Old 08-19-2010, 05:42 PM
Approved Member

Default Will BOB/SOW devicelink be udated/improved?

I know that Oleg takes a lot of pride in his work and IL2 in its time was above and beyond all other flight sims especially in the graphics department. By looking at the screen shots as of late I would say that BOB/SOW will continue to be above and beyond all current flight simulation software that is out there when it comes to graphics!

But what about devicelink when it comes to third parties linking their hardware devices? IL2's devicelink has fallen behind other flight simulators in this category. Formula One uses thousands of sensors on their racing cars and the data is raw, real world, data. Also, X-Plane spits out better and more data than does IL2.

Has Oleg addressed this issue? Is it possible for a third party programmer to be linked with Oleg or someone on his team to discuss the known short comings of the old devicelink? Is there a way for a third party programmer currently writing software to communicate with Olegs team without having to post on a public forum?

I am thinking that Oleg takes a lot of pride in his simulation and that he will want to have it above and beyond in every catagory?
Old 08-20-2010, 04:13 AM
Approved Member

I couldn't tell you where it is, but I'm quite sure that Oleg has already said that there will be a much improved devicelink (or whatever it will be called). His original concern was that devicelink might be used to cheat online, but the problem never materialized.
Old 08-20-2010, 06:18 AM
Approved Member

its looking good and I'm itch to get my hands on the game, keep up the good work