Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend > Technical problems and solutions

Technical problems and solutions Questions and solutions

Old 06-12-2012, 10:31 AM
Registered Member

Default [MAC ISSUE] Font is too small

Hello there,
I just bought King's Bounty The Legend via Steam and I'm quite happy with the game expect for one thing: the font is too small, thus making some text simply unreadable or painful to read.
I tried to switch the game resolution but it's only worse.

I saw a tip here and on other places about changing the font size directly in a data file but I can't find it.

I have a 2011 Mac Book Pro. If anyone can help me, it would be really appreciated.
Old 07-19-2012, 04:27 PM
Registered Member

Any luck with solving this problem? I read a lot on the topic (all for Windows), tried many things based on that info but all without success.
Things I found out (this questions is regarding MAC, OS X ver. 10.7.4 !)
1. I opened contents of the King's Bounty package and navigated to Resources/data/ where I found a file fonts2.cfg
2. When I edited this file nothing happened to the fonts in the game. When I removed the file, game didn't start.
3. I also tried creating a "mods" folder and moved edited fonts2.cfg file in there. Game worked, fonts didn't change. (If I removed the file from the mods folder, game wouldn't start, so the "mods" folder gets seen.)
4. Tried sticking downloaded mods into the "mods" folder, but game wouldn't start in that case.

So I'm totally puzzled, it looks as if the game takes the instructions from the fonts2.cfg file, but the changes in that file don't affect the font size in the game.
Maybe there is another file somewhere which specifies the file size in relation to the resolution and simply overwrites the fonts2.cfg?
(btw-I did try to change the name of the file to fonts.cfg instead of the original fonts2.cfg).

PS. Anyone knows how to open the .kfs files on Mac? I tried UnRarX, but doesn't work.

Last edited by dukun; 07-19-2012 at 06:56 PM.
Old 07-20-2012, 09:03 AM
Registered Member

Unfortunately, no.

And 1C does not really care. And I'm still pissed.
Old 07-20-2012, 01:01 PM
Registered Member

I sent an email to 1C; just got a response with a question about my full specs, we will see if anything happens next.. I'll keep you posted.