Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend > Technical problems and solutions

Technical problems and solutions Questions and solutions

Old 04-07-2011, 05:14 AM
Registered Member

Default Game freezes at end of load screen as I enter Underground Sea area

My game freezes at end of load screen as I enter Underground Sea area. No errors, it just exits out. At no point do I see Underground Sea area. I have been to this area earlier in the game with no problems (but that was on a different computer?).

I have just come from Mehgard and am on the quest to find the Portal key in Demonis. Problem is, in order to get to Demonis I have to go through the Underground Sea. Now I have a level 26 character and cannot continue the main questline.

I have tried copying this save to my friend's computer and running the game. Same problem happens.

This save game file has been moved from computer to computer with no problems until now. Because it has been on different computers with completely different specs (from OS to video card manufacturer to processor manufacturer), I don't think this is a component problem.

Can anyone tell me a solution to this problem?
Old 04-11-2014, 02:18 AM
Registered Member

Hello, I am having the same problem. I was able to get to the Underground Sea prior to accepting the quest to go to Demonis. Now that I have the quest to go to Demonis the game just closes without error at the loading screen when I take the elevator down to Underground Sea. I patched my game a few weeks ago when I couldn't turn in the Kraken quest to Mirabelle the female pirate. There are not other patches so I figured all issues would be resolved.

This probably has nothing to do with it but last week I changed my Windows resolution from 1024x768 to 1360x768 then changed my in game resolution from 1024x768 to 1360x768 and played the game. A few days later I changed my Windows resolution from 1360x768 back to 1024x768 but I didn't change my in game resolution from 1360x768 back to 1024x768. The game would show up in Task Manager as kb.exe for several seconds then disappear. Finally, I figured it out, I changed my Windows resolution from 1024x768 to 1360x768 then the game launched. I changed the in game resolution from 1360x768 back to 1024x768 and exited the game. I changed Windows resolution from 1360x768 back to 1024x768 and launched the game and it worked once again.

I don't think adjusting resolution would make a difference but I'll try and let you know if anything works. I believe it has something to do with the quest to go to Demonis since we're both having that same issue.

Joe,