Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend > Technical problems and solutions

Technical problems and solutions Questions and solutions

Old 08-07-2013, 10:23 AM
Registered Member

Default Can't Access Islands of Freedom - Missing Chat Dialogue - Fixed!

I'm not optimistic about there being a solution for this, but I thought it couldn't hurt to ask since I haven't worked up the resolve to start the game over.

In addition to clicking dialogue choices, dialogue windows can also be closed by an "x" in the top-right hand corner. After receiving the king's quest to go talk to Kitano to go to the Islands of Freedom, I talked to him about going to the islands and he agreed to take me. However, when I got the point when it seemed like he was about to set out, I closed the dialogue with the "x" because I realized I might not be strong enough yet to take on whatever was there. I then spent the next couple hours cleaning up miscellaneous quests around Darion. Since I've only been using quicksaves, I don't have any saves from before I talked to him.

I go back to Kitano, who still has the lit up quest marker above him showing that he should be talked to as the next part of some quest. However he no longer has any quest related dialogue. The king just says "Talk to Kitano."

Am I stuck unless I start over? Is there any way I can force the transport to trigger using the cheat console or anything similar? Or even a way to trigger a restart of this quest or something? I've been enjoying the game a lot so far, but I don't really want to start over again already...

Last edited by Janerl; 08-10-2013 at 06:05 PM.
Old 08-07-2013, 02:30 PM
Approved Member

Did you take `Islands of freedom` quest before finishing `Tackle` quest for Kitano himself ? If you talked with Kitano after getting King`s quest, he no longer need to be persuaded to take you to islands, just tell him `I need to get to islands of freedom, set sail captain` (or something like that). Maybe his dialog are mixed, if you took this quest before finishing his own quest, to defeat pirate who stole his fishing tackle. Just talk to him, and pick all dialog options and wait after dialog closes, maybe ship sailing animation got confused if you closed dialog first time. Save game, talk to him try some dialog choices. If you dont go to islands, load fight some battle and try again with different dialog choices order.
Good luck

Last edited by Fatt_Shade; 08-07-2013 at 02:36 PM.
Old 08-07-2013, 02:33 PM
Registered Member

Not exactly sure what you're asking, but if it's that my current "crown" quest is for Islands of Freedom, then yes, it is.
Old 08-10-2013, 06:39 PM
Registered Member

Talking

HA I actually managed to fix this! I'll try to be thorough in case anyone else encounters a similar problem by "x"ing to close out of a chat or conversation.

I was on the right track about modifying a trigger - however, not in-game but in my save file. There IS, in fact, a save file scanner which can also be used to parse and then edit the file. Full instructions for that are in the thread linked, though I have attached both necessary files here, as the original post downloads don't work any more. This post in particular was invaluable teaching me how to find what I had to modify in my save file.

I have Windows 7 for those using the same paths for their files. Backup your save file before trying to edit!

1) Parse save file with scanner. Save games are in "C:\Users\***\Documents\My Games\Kings Bounty\$save".
2) Open savedata.exe in the newly created folder.
3) Unzip/extract loc_ses.kfs in "C:\Program Files (x86)\1C Company\King’s Bounty. The Legend\sessions\base" using 7zip/Winzip/Winrar/etc. The *.lng files contain all the text in the game, including chats divided by general response and quest-specific, and can be opened by a text editor (e.g. Notepad).
4) Search inside the *.lng files for the dialogue option you are missing. I use Windows Grep to search for text strings inside files. I searched for "coffee" because I knew that was part of Kitano's non-quest dialogue.
5) Find the chat ID number of the relevant conversation in your save file. I search for 1550108 because an example of Kitano's dialogue is
Code:
chat_system_1550108_start_answer_2=^?^I need to get to the Islands of Freedom.
6a) Remove dialogue from disabled list and change element number. In my save file, I only had one result for 1550108.
Code:
Y}{adisabled}, F_SORTED{0}, F_COMPACT_TAGS{1}, F_NONAMES{0} // 1 elements
	{
		{U}{1550108.start.1} = {1}
	}
Note the {adisabled} to say that dialogue option is no longer available for that character. I removed this, noting that I also have to change the # of elements, and since it is now an empty branch, NONAMES is true.
Code:
Y}{adisabled}, F_SORTED{0}, F_COMPACT_TAGS{1}, F_NONAMES{1} // 0 elements 
	{
	}
If you have more on the disabled list, careful reading of the relevant *.lng file should make it obvious which one you want to remove.
7) Remake save file using the save editor as detailed here.

And I was good to go!
Attached Files
File Type: zip KBScanner.zip (664.9 KB, 99 views)
File Type: zip KB_DB_EDIT_0.75_eng.zip (501.7 KB, 316 views)
Old 08-10-2013, 06:51 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatt_Shade View Post
Did you take `Islands of freedom` quest before finishing `Tackle` quest for Kitano himself ? If you talked with Kitano after getting King`s quest, he no longer need to be persuaded to take you to islands, just tell him `I need to get to islands of freedom, set sail captain` (or something like that). Maybe his dialog are mixed, if you took this quest before finishing his own quest, to defeat pirate who stole his fishing tackle. Just talk to him, and pick all dialog options and wait after dialog closes, maybe ship sailing animation got confused if you closed dialog first time. Save game, talk to him try some dialog choices. If you dont go to islands, load fight some battle and try again with different dialog choices order.
Good luck
Ah I just saw your edited post. Twas a good thought! I did already finish his "Tackle" quest, and had tried all the currently available options. I think you are right about the animation being confused because I closed out though. Thanks for trying to help, I appreciate it
Old 09-30-2013, 08:22 PM
Registered Member

Thanks for this post! I just encountered the same problem, going to try and fix my save using your instructions. Wish me luck!