Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Skins and Repaints for BOB COD

Old 10-25-2011, 10:52 PM
Approved Member

Default Request to Skinners

Servers now have disabled skins... this means that you see blank aircraft flying around a lot more now .

Many of you make blank skins but could you totally awesome guys include blank skins that still have unique markings?

Thanks guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiThSpAwN View Post
Its a glass half full/half empty scenario, we all know the problems, we all know what needs to be fixed it just some people focus on the water they have and some focus on the water that isnt there....
Gigabyte X58A-UD5 | Intel i7 930 | Corsair H70 | ATI 5970 | 6GB Kingston DDR3 | Intel 160GB G2 | Win 7 Ultimate 64 Bit |
MONITOR: Acer S243HL.
CASE: Thermaltake LEVEL 10.
INPUTS: KG13 Warthog, Saitek Pedals, Track IR 4.
Old 10-26-2011, 01:25 AM
Approved Member

You mean like repaint the stock skins?
Too easy.
Now why on earth would they turn off skins? Idiocy.
Old 10-26-2011, 07:00 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWMV View Post
You mean like repaint the stock skins?
Too easy.
Now why on earth would they turn off skins? Idiocy.
No no no...

I mean things like an aircraft unique symbol, for example on Farrels skins his blanks not only remove the number but also squad and unique aircraft symbols so the only way to keep them would be to use the marked skins and have in game markings off which means everyone would see a blank default skin.

Quote:
Its a glass half full/half empty scenario, we all know the problems, we all know what needs to be fixed it just some people focus on the water they have and some focus on the water that isnt there....
Gigabyte X58A-UD5 | Intel i7 930 | Corsair H70 | ATI 5970 | 6GB Kingston DDR3 | Intel 160GB G2 | Win 7 Ultimate 64 Bit |
Old 10-26-2011, 07:34 AM
Approved Member

Switched off markings only work for the your own view of your own plane, others still see the markings, even if you switched them off on your own plane settings. So if you use skin provided markings and switch off markings in your plane settings, others see the skin-markings and the game markings, which really looks bad, but only from anther plane. So that planes are blank if you switch off markings in the plane settings is new.
Old 10-26-2011, 09:39 AM
Approved Member

Yeah last night there were loads of 109s flying around without markings all were using custom skins and markings off when I asked the pilots.

Quote:
Old 10-26-2011, 12:22 PM
Approved Member

So it will be like the old il2 now, with just default skins seen online? Thats a real shame.
RoF has a great way of dealing with skins, all skins are officially aproved, and then downloaded as official skin packs.
Old 10-26-2011, 12:46 PM
Approved Member

This is just bloody madness,why would they do this?what advantage has someone got flying around with a custom skin?,how ridicoulous

Alienware Aurora|Win 7 64-bit Home Premium|IC i7-920 Processor (Quad-Core)|14GB DDR3 RAM|1 TB SATA 7200rpm Hard Drive|GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 770 2GB WINDFORCE 3 X fan|Thrustmaster Warthog|Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals,throttle quadrant and Cessna trim wheel|TrackIR4|Sense of humour,I find it comes in handy!
Old 10-26-2011, 02:24 PM
Approved Member

Because we frakin want to, and because most of our skins look better than the stock ones.
I mean really how much time did they put into the 109 stock skins, 5 minutes?
Old 10-26-2011, 03:53 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG52Uther View Post
So it will be like the old il2 now, with just default skins seen online? Thats a real shame.
RoF has a great way of dealing with skins, all skins are officially aproved, and then downloaded as official skin packs.
+1000 I have requested this a few times, its a great system.

Quote:
Old 10-26-2011, 03:53 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plt Off JRB Meaker View Post
This is just bloody madness,why would they do this?what advantage has someone got flying around with a custom skin?,how ridicoulous
Well I see the yellow nose 109 as a huge give away why should I be forced to fly with it so it looks like I will be flying with none yellow nose default skins for a while

EDIT
However the benefits of turning it off out weigh the problems it causes at present.

Quote:

Last edited by JG52Krupi; 10-26-2011 at 03:56 PM.