Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 01-25-2012, 03:58 PM
Approved Member

From the errors I am guessing your getting a denial of service attack. Anyway thanks for keeping us informed.

Last edited by haitch40; 01-25-2012 at 04:05 PM.
Old 02-11-2012, 04:59 PM
Approved Member

The Gaijin forum is still Erroring (is that a word? lol) a lot. Is it just the amount of people is overloading it??

XBL GT: - Robotic Pope
HyperLobby CS: - Robot_Pope
Old 02-11-2012, 05:15 PM
Approved Member

i have been getting that for awhile now. i wonder if a cumulation of ALL the forums could be causing that. i find it hard to believe the BoS forum itself has that many viewers to clog it up..
Old 02-11-2012, 07:26 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillRoy View Post
Hi Gents
Well the site is working again, from my experience with web sites I would say some one is trying to hack the site and down it, no names of who I think is doing this, but any way we will see what goes on now.
..................KillRoy..................
Wonder who it could be hmmmm

Still getting errors off and on
Old 02-12-2012, 07:47 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotic Pope View Post
The Gaijin forum is still Erroring (is that a word? lol) a lot. Is it just the amount of people is overloading it??
Gaijin needs to shell out for better servers/bandwidth.

Or trace the attacks and contact the authorities... pretty sure things like that aren't legal...
Old 02-12-2012, 03:25 PM
Approved Member

hope this isnt a preview of their dedicated servers would be like ..... if they are going to use them for BoS....
Old 02-12-2012, 06:51 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbysocks View Post
hope this isnt a preview of their dedicated servers would be like ..... if they are going to use them for BoS....
I think the chances of them using dedicated servers for BoS are slim to none.

For their PC game it would cost them hardly anything to include dedi files, but even for that, I doubt we'll get it.
Old 02-12-2012, 10:00 PM
Approved Member

Pre-ordered yesterday, can't wait. I need to get back in the air!
Old 02-15-2012, 04:48 PM
Approved Member

Can we get a list of confirmed aircraft that have cockpit views? I was very disapointed with this implementation in BoP (only a handful of cockpits plus incorrect cockpits in at least one or two aircraft). The adds make it sound as if all 100 planes will have cockpit views, but I saw under a previous post that Anton admitted that the game has "much more unique" cockpits, which sounds to me like an admission that not all planes do have cockpit views. Is it, say, all of the fighters and no bombers?

Additionally, how does the damage model work? Is it really more dynamic, like in IL2 PC versions or is it still more of a "health bar," total loss type system wherein a plane cannot crash unless the total damage equals a set quantity?

As a final request, I would like to know more about how BoS differs from BoP. To be honest, I was disappointed with BoP on many levels. The graphics and flight physics were great, but overall execution seemed lacking. I was mainly frustrated with the damage model, cockpits, a few online features, and missions that did not allow for the full takeoff and landing options. In case you didn't realize, I'm more interested in the sim portion (which I know I shouldn't expect much on a console, but regardless, there other arcade flight games out there I could buy before this one if that's all I was interested in. It's the sim aspect that entices me).

Thanks again. I appreciate your feedback. Any answers you could provide will help me decide whether or not I will purchase this game.
Old 02-15-2012, 05:19 PM
Approved Member

@ Whiskey Red

If I'm not mistaken, I have seen that all fighters will have cockpit view though not sure how authentic they will all be. As for the bombers, I have no idea!

As for the damage model, I do know there will be no health bar feature. From what I've read, it sounds to me that it will be the same as BoP, but upgraded to have more areas that can be damaged.

As for the take off and landing for missions, that has been confirmed, but as to what extent I'm not sure. I do know that you can re-fuel and re-arm by landing, but no specifics as to exactly how it works.

Hope that helps!