Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Closed Thread

Old 11-07-2010, 07:34 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by undercut View Post
If you want to experience true to life plane crashes go to your local flying club, take an introductory flight.. and crash the plane into the ground.
Well, this is a really good advise for anyone, who thinks, the crash physics is realistic in RoF...

Not me, apparently...
Old 11-07-2010, 07:48 AM
Hecke

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAim View Post
I wish people would stop quoting Hecke, so I don't have to see his banal and senseless posts. I wish the Ignore function on this forum extended to quotes, so that I can completely eliminate my contact with people that are just too stupid to deal with here. I have to deal with idiots all the time at work and I'd just as soon not waste my free time on them.

Come to think of it I wish I had an ignore button at work.......

Banal and senseless posts? That's exactly what you do all the time.
And that you pick on me permanently just shows that you are the real stupid idiot.
Old 11-07-2010, 07:50 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaQSoN View Post
If you think, this is realistic, you, probably, haven't seen even a model plane crashes, leave along real wood+fabric planes.
First of all is better is we say this to ourself: probably we are asking to much from a simulation.

However about your quote, i can answer this to you: i've seen (thank to an italian "KIA body pilots recovery association") what did happen when a fighter crashed in my area (around Bologna where we did have a lot of dogfights in WW2). There was a sort of "drill engine effect" when an aicraft crashed from high altitude. Wings were cut off but engine, pilot, and fuselage did penetrate terrain for some meters (this was due probably also to the farmland terrain). We'll see it in SoW? I doubt it....it would be really too much. Realistic in a flight sim, is always an hard and questionable statement to say.

Considering some shoots (terrific) of WW1 crashed scouts, we can see aircrafts like collapsed and somentimes the pilot killed still inside, so not too much different from what we have seen in RoF. Some more piece of fuselage would be better during the crash, but i think we could say that realistic or not, RoF DM is good enough for our PC, at least for now.

This video is very sad, please look at it with respect, but it's also a document about crashed WW1 aircrafts:

Last edited by 150GCT_Veltro; 11-07-2010 at 09:06 AM.
Old 11-07-2010, 09:21 AM
Approved Member

Title of thread:
Friday 2010-10-29 Dev. update and Discussion

RoF forum is somewhere else,and if people want to argue with each other,thats what PM's are for.
Old 11-07-2010, 09:22 AM
Approved Member

Sorrily i cant watch the movie because of the censorship of the DRM-mafia
Old 11-07-2010, 09:24 AM
Approved Member

Just an observation but it's interesting to note that generally the folks that don't like RoF really don't like RoF and are strangely vitriolic toward it. Sure it isn't perfect but most of the criticism levelled at RoF tends to be either woefully outdated or inaccurate to begin with. I do admit that I don't like having to buy new planes, and have yet to do so, but I've been spoiled by Oleg and his many freebies. The game is updated regularly and the design team seems determined to stand behind and continually improve the game and also does a good job of communicating with the...err...community. Although WWI air combat isn't really my forte, I look forward to seeing what RoF's future holds.
________
Wendie 99

Last edited by Necrobaron; 04-26-2011 at 07:39 AM.
Old 11-07-2010, 11:28 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG52Uther View Post
Title of thread:

RoF forum is somewhere else,and if people want to argue with each other,thats what PM's are for.
+100

Is there a moderator here that could cut this thread down to a manageable 20 relevant pages?

And a serious question (if anyone can find it) Can someone tell me if Oleg has a 'cutoff point' of say 2 days or 10 pages which he just doesn't go beyond, trawling through all the irelevant stuff looking for our questions? We could hardly blame him. If so I won't have to waste my time reading through them either.

<bookmarks page 89 for tracking purposes>

ASUS Sabertooth X58 /i7 950 @ 4GHz / 6Gb DDR3 1600 CAS8 / EVGA GTX570 GPU 1.28Gb superclocked / Crucial 128Gb SSD SATA III 6Gb/s, 355Mb-215Mb Read-Write / 850W PSU
Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium / Samsung 22" 226BW @ 1680 x 1050 / TrackIR4 with TrackIR5 software / Saitek X52 Pro & Rudders
Old 11-07-2010, 01:33 PM
Approved Member

Sir,

If you wish me to delete my posts kindly say so, and it will be done.

Personally speaking, the P-40 could contend on an equal footing with all the types of Messerschmitts, almost to the end of 1943.
~Nikolay Gerasimovitch Golodnikov
Old 11-07-2010, 02:40 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG52Uther View Post
Title of thread:

RoF was initially brought up in order to compare what that flight sim does with grass rendering vs. what we are seeing in SoW. The idea was to encourage Oleg to do something similar. It was a valid point in that context. There was no intent to start a general discussion about that sim here.

Unfortunately, it then veered off topic when one member started making inaccurate statements about RoF. Normally, that could be ignored, but as this is a flight sim forum and there is always some cross-interest in other sims, it needed to be addressed. His overall condescending and insulting attitude only fed the discussion.

But I agree, one's personal feelings about sims other than SoW have no place here. And, unless we are comparing what another sim does to what is done in SoW, they have no place here either.
Old 11-07-2010, 02:41 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 150GCT_Veltro View Post
First of all is better is we say this to ourself: probably we are asking to much from a simulation.

However about your quote, i can answer this to you: i've seen (thank to an italian "KIA body pilots recovery association") what did happen when a fighter crashed in my area (around Bologna where we did have a lot of dogfights in WW2). There was a sort of "drill engine effect" when an aicraft crashed from high altitude. Wings were cut off but engine, pilot, and fuselage did penetrate terrain for some meters (this was due probably also to the farmland terrain). We'll see it in SoW? I doubt it....it would be really too much. Realistic in a flight sim, is always an hard and questionable statement to say.
My father was examining magistrate during his service time.
He had two fatal aircraft crashes(both) were venoms if I remember correctly.
Sure those are jets, therefore a little faster than ww2 fighters.

But: The largest piece of the aircraft the could find was about 60cm, they found it 1m under surface (alpine meadow)
They remains of the pilot were collected in minigrips...

Back to the question: What are you asking for? Pieces dug deep in the soil?
Closed Thread