Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Crossworlds > Mods

Mods King's Bounty: Crossworlds Mods

Old 08-24-2011, 08:09 PM
Registered Member

@grimeleven Hey thanks for the tip.I`m now playing the mod though and I find it really fun, the increase in difficult it's notable (though I heard there is a mod for 750% stronger enemies) and the upgraded units are way more difficult to defeat,still I think there could be a balance when you lvl up and get the runes I know they`re meant to help in the harder battles but between them and the ones you find in the chests I think it's a bit overpowered (the magic crystals it's not a problem u eventually get to upgrade almost every important/must have spell in the game).I think that the chests should give a max of 3 runes and cut the bonus of runes when you lvl up to half,but that's my opinion. Still it`s a hell of a great mod .
Old 08-24-2011, 10:18 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adanedhel View Post
This mod is great fun!
some minor bug i found:
(this one i cannot reproduce) I had stack of adult gobots at exp rank 3, after buying some more they went down back to lvl 1.

I just found ring of ancient kings:
+500Leadership,
-10% Leadership requirement for 5th lvl units
+1 morale for 5th lvl units

morale bonus works with every 5th lvl unit i have, but -10% requirement doesn't work at all
Ah thanks for the heads up on ancient ring, forgot to handle the new value "sp_lead_lvlfive"
here is the fix, insert into "special_params.txt"
Code:
sp_lead_lvlfive {
  cmc=1
  params {
    units=runemage,blackdragon,greendragon,reddragon,bonedragon,ogre,ogre_chieftain,tirex,giant,ent2,archdemon,troll,cyclop,harl,titan,legendaryphoenix,maelstrom,sinister,dictator,necrox,iceogre,icedragon
  }
}
Tested and now all get -10%. I'll put it in next version
Old 08-24-2011, 10:29 PM
Approved Member

Just add icedragon in list for last grimelevens update for -10% lds 5th lvl troops.
Question about lds bonus with lvlup of her, i tried some old save and on 34th lvl i got 648 lds. How did that happen? What did file you change to get this number for lds growth.
Old 08-24-2011, 10:33 PM
Approved Member

Saw it too fast before my edit, removed 1 added 1

With a mage? then it should be "leadership=13" in hero.txt
Old 08-25-2011, 10:47 PM
Registered Member

Sup ya'll. I haven't played the original red sands, neither CW. Last time I tackled this game was a year ago, an Armored Princess campaign on impossible. It just happens on a day I decide to play modded CW, red sands extreme comes out.

So I had to "cheese" through the beginning. My first failed attempt showed that you can't really afford to lose anything or you'll run out of gold before next weakest encounter. So, strong humans troops, especially with armor/steel armor/valor (paladins+knights+horsemen+inquisitors+fire mages) were way to go for flawless victories.

When about half the scarlet wind was cleared there's a need for stronger troops though. I had to kite a bit around bolo(scarlet wind acess + droid cave for amulet and treasure) then scarlet wind for bottle quest and chests and sitting at 35k gold at level 8 with almost no army.

Now the hardest decision lies in selecting a new army, given how much choice there is.
Old 08-26-2011, 02:19 AM
Approved Member

How about this idea ppl : almost every unit in game have some item/skill to lower leadership requirement. So i thought to add beholder units to mage`s archmage class skill -10/17/25% lds to spell casting units. Since every beholder have some active spell, this could be way to get new units in red sands more usable.

Found miss in quick draw, and triger companion : add titan and asmodean in list of archer units there.

Last edited by Fatt_Shade; 08-27-2011 at 10:09 AM.
Old 08-27-2011, 08:05 PM
Registered Member

I think that's a good idea (especially for the sinister ),also "Swap Souls" doesn't work eith the Dictators I've killed bandits,bears, all kind of living creatures and they don't drop the rage cluster.
Old 08-28-2011, 02:49 AM
Approved Member

How do you add the battle camera and the highlight for pickable objects in the minimap (like those star thing seen in the adv mod ?
Old 08-28-2011, 04:14 AM
Approved Member

Found some weird things in files of this mod, so i ask WTF does they mean :
1) in skills.lua file this strings
function skill_rune_stone(name,level)
local bonus = skill_power(name,1,level-1)
local cur_might=Logic.hero_lu_item("rune_might","count")
local cur_magic=Logic.hero_lu_item("rune_magic","count")
Logic.hero_lu_item("rune_might","count",cur_might+ bonus)
Logic.hero_lu_item("rune_magic","count",cur_magic+ bonus)
This is description of old paladin runic stone skill from KB-TL, so i ask what it do here ?

2) function skill_archer(name,level)
if level >1 then bonus=bonus-skill_power(name,1,level-2) end
local cur_archer=Logic.hero_lu_item("sp_lead_archer","co unt")
Logic.hero_lu_item("sp_lead_archer","count",bonus+ cur_archer)
I guess it`s suposed to lower lds requirements for archer units, but in skills.txt and eng_skills.lng it isnt mentioned, or given function for it. How to add this function in other 2 files connected to skills ?

3) function skill_archmage(name,level)
local cur_archer=Logic.hero_lu_item("sp_lead_archmage"," count")
Logic.hero_lu_item("sp_lead_archmage","count",bonu s+cur_archer)
It`s mage`s archemage skill, but it have string cur_archer ??? What should be there instead cur_archmage or something else ?

4) function skill_warrior(name,level)
local cur_lead=Logic.hero_lu_item("sp_lead_warrior","cou nt")
Logic.hero_lu_item("sp_lead_warrior","count",bonus +cur_lead)
Same as for archer skill, should this lower lds for warrior units listed in special_params.txt file ? And what skill is warrior anyway ?
Old 08-28-2011, 11:30 AM
Approved Member

Look in special_params.txt sp_lead_archer, used for couple units

2- Yes, a wild guess it's a copy/paste mistake from katauri lol

4- sp_lead_warrior is used for knight set and Red Sands item "general_cloack"

I checked the files from Armored princess and yes that mistake is in it "cur_archer".

Nice find Fatt, good eyes hehe. But yeah mostly skills unused, "skills.txt" contains "skill_archmage" so i guess from that you could re-activate those 2 other skills and make them work.

So btw all those lines comes from the retail AP expansion so all mods created from now got these mistakes in.

@zhaozhilong Look in logic.txt
boxradar= 1 | 1 | 0 | 0 --- Each difficulty modes would be 1 | 1 | 1 | 1
Battle cam http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=16803