Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Crossworlds > Mods

Mods King's Bounty: Crossworlds Mods

Old 09-12-2011, 02:48 PM
Approved Member

Well i`m sorry for problems i caused ppl it wasnt my intention. Only wanted to spare other of boring work, of adding new legendary units and whole lizardead race to items.txt file. It seems weird to have so many units not counted for bonus/weaknes from item in game (maelstrom, ice ogre for drill, flying units for storm eye, ...) Those who want to i`ll list here all items that need to be changed to include new units in their strings.
Code:
For items.txt :
 silber_chain , holy_cross , rusted_cross , paladin_shield , silver_armor , holy_ring , ktahu_claws , set_lizardmen , set_light , pain_blade , diploma_lizardology , ring_of_the_damned , sword_of_unity , overlord_ring , add ,lizardead race next to undead. 
gryphon_feather , gryphon_banner , wing_wind , storm_eye , horseman_gloves , hunter_armor , picture_griffin_king add harl, and griffin_spirit units
wing_wind , storm_eye , horseman_gloves , hunter_armor add winged_shade(lizardead flying unit).
add fireskeleton, venskeleton units to all bows and other archer bonus giving items.
great_druid_staff , white_slippers ,  hunter_gloves , hunter_boots , add undead_brontor, undead_gobot.
I chose to add iceball , evil_book , dread_book to droid bonus items, because they are mechanical/summoned units, they have no morale so i gave them a bit boost from engeneirs_badge & optimization_module items.
I hope i havent forgotten any, but this is what i had in mind, so if any of you find anything missing, report for other to know. Gl
Old 09-12-2011, 06:38 PM
Approved Member

these are the problems:
1. battle_axe, one extra {} before "propbits=weapon"
2. overlord_ring an extra {} before "fight {".

@Fatt Shade you have nothing to apologize, you are just trying to make our favorite game a little better. Problems like these are to be excepted. What are you using to edit? If you're not using Notepad++ please give it a go it's free and helps a lot. For example it turns red the {} if they close and a kind of purple for one that is not closed(you just have to click next to it,right side, and will show red with the one that it closes).

Last edited by yujy; 09-12-2011 at 06:51 PM.
Old 09-12-2011, 09:28 PM
Approved Member

I`ll give a try to notepad++ . Thx for info about extra {}, i managed to make my item apear in game with cheat shift+ tilda(~), and it`s interesting. I know now how to make items in game, spells are next. But i`m still stuck about making it function as i planed.
If some1 can check my last post`s on this pages
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthr...952#post333952 (13th page)
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthr...954#post333954 (15th page)
I tried to make composite item, and i can get it in game with cheat, but if i try to `use` it and decompose it i get items belt of wictor is made from (because i copy victor`s belt use=0000020005. . . string at end of item description in items.txt). How to figure out what that string contains, and set it to be made of my planed items.
Old 09-13-2011, 02:14 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatt_Shade View Post
I`ll give a try to notepad++ . Thx for info about extra {}, i managed to make my item apear in game with cheat shift+ tilda(~), and it`s interesting. I know now how to make items in game, spells are next. But i`m still stuck about making it function as i planed.
I.
It will be great if there is a way to modified the populated mobs in-game. Say a amateur modder wanted to throw more challenge in a totally one sided game..., or maybe create a new item that throws "Level 6" mobs when morale hit 0

That will be fun
Old 09-14-2011, 12:25 AM
Approved Member

Default New Bug on 2nd Turn from high morale

Hi All

Just found this problem. While doing item supressing battles, noticed whenever the inquisitor or priest got the "high", indicating 2nd turn, the cursor just turn hourclass and keep on rotating....as if there is a loop in the script...

Any expert out there can assist ?

I have left the battle for 5 mins and still the same and I suspect waiting for hours will not make much difference.

Please assist
Old 09-14-2011, 01:22 AM
Approved Member

I guess you`r thinking about human fighting spirit talent. Try alt+tab when that happenes. Usualy it`s some error report with abort/retry/ignore choices, pick ignore and you should be fine. If this problem stay`s then . . . i have no idea what`s wrong
Old 09-14-2011, 08:44 AM
Approved Member

No dialog box came out, I suspect that the script affecting Priest and Inquisitor is in error as there is no problem for bowmen and firemage...

Old 09-14-2011, 11:10 AM
Approved Member

I dont think so, because there is no special script for human units (priest, inquisitor) just general human race script in scripts/addon_unit_features.lua there are strings that define how battle_spirit works and only reference to units is like
`if Attack.act_race(i)=="human" then . . .` so there is no script for every human unit, just for whole race. Something other is making you problems
Old 09-15-2011, 07:17 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhaozhilong View Post
Hi All

Just found this problem. While doing item supressing battles, noticed whenever the inquisitor or priest got the "high", indicating 2nd turn, the cursor just turn hourclass and keep on rotating....as if there is a loop in the script...

Any expert out there can assist ?

I have left the battle for 5 mins and still the same and I suspect waiting for hours will not make much difference.

Please assist
Why don't you attach yr. save game and i'll give it a try?! if it works then is from yr. game.(also tell me what item were you trying upgrade/suppress).
Old 09-20-2011, 07:20 PM
Approved Member

Wow, you are on fire man!! Thanks for the mod!!