Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik > Daidalos Team discussions

Old 06-08-2015, 11:36 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tolwyn View Post
Hey, TD... No idea who you guys get to test this with... but... I just did 3 hours of testing and it doesn't work.
  1. I host and buddy is pilot and I am the Bombardier. Doesn't work.

You guys really need to figure out the different ways to fly this game. But to think that this works in even the most mundane ways we'd attempt to fly it... and when it doesnt' work???? C'mon.
The situation you described is working here:

Can someone else confirm this? There is a possibility of software regressions since we cannot test every single feature after every single change.

Last edited by KG26_Alpha; 06-08-2015 at 12:01 PM.
Old 06-08-2015, 12:02 PM
Approved Member

So how many of you guys installed the patch over your HSFX game folder?

As far as the bombing thing I have no problems operating the bombardier position as long as another guys is in the same plane with me and one of us is the pilot or if alone I join in the pilot seat first then switch over to bombardier. Have done multiple runs with another individual with both of us swapping out positions and had no problems with either one dropping bombs.
Only problems I have had is when I am in the plane by myself and I join in the bomber seat and not pilot seat.

Also while flying co-ops the bombardier cant select load out for the aircraft. So you might want to make sure your pilot brings along bombs. You cant drop bombs if you don't bring any. And when you end a mission and load another one you have to go back to settings and re check realistic bombing setting. It does not stay on between missions.

On a side note. Some of us (me) enjoy flying without that annoying hud log popping up and giving you percentages a messages and stuff. Instead we (me) prefer to use the instruments inside the cockpit. So I turn the HUD messages off. But I cant find temperature requirements for the new planes. Does anyone know what they are? Or where I can find them? I don't want to overheat my engines.

Last edited by Marabekm; 06-08-2015 at 12:25 PM.
Old 06-08-2015, 01:55 PM
Approved Member

in fmb the new planes are missing

Old 06-08-2015, 07:51 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tolwyn View Post
I hate to put the ALL CAPS RED thing in here, but I feel this is important.

If you clear the ALTSYMBOL character using the game interface (simply delete it), it will crash the game if the currently selected user (pilot) is selected in the all.ini file.

Using the INTERFACE, I cleared the symbol to be null (I don't like it, and figured deleting it would work).

THIS WILL CRASH THE GAME (IT WON'T START). The following is a completely legit icons file generated by the game by simply pressing "DELETE" to clear the symbol.

Code:
mp_dotrange FRIENDLY   DOT 25.000002 COLOR 1.6500001 RANGE 0.05 TYPE 1.6500001 ID 0.010000001 NAME 0.020000001 ALTICON 0.1 ALTSYMBOL  ALTCOLOR 0
mp_dotrange FOE  DOT 25.000002 COLOR 1.6500001 RANGE 0.05 TYPE 1.6500001 ID 0.010000001 NAME 0.020000001 ALTICON 20.0 ALTSYMBOL  ALTCOLOR 0

Bug reported to stop the user editing the interface manually and deleting the Alt-symbol icon completely causing game crashing.

Thanks for the find Tolwyn
Old 06-08-2015, 08:27 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
On a side note. Some of us (me) enjoy flying without that annoying hud log popping up and giving you percentages a messages and stuff. Instead we (me) prefer to use the instruments inside the cockpit. So I turn the HUD messages off. But I cant find temperature requirements for the new planes. Does anyone know what they are? Or where I can find them? I don't want to overheat my engines.

In a PDF file called Temp_Guide 4.111.
It should be amongst the files in the Program files/ Ubisoft / Il2 Sturmovik 1946

I have encountered no problems yet with the B24D
I have made several bombing runs on an offline multiplay.

All my aircraft appear,No missing positions in the Ju88 or odd underwing appearances.( several versions ago the JU88 was remapped ).
My version is running fine so far.
Installed over unmodded 4.122.
Old 06-08-2015, 09:38 PM
Approved Member

Default some things ive noticed

1.new guinea maps, select lae airfield and after take off look down, several roads run out into the tidal flats, you can also see this in fmb as well

2. D3a1 val cant/wont level bomb as a task of a flight, you can do it yourself as a individual but as a flight it will dive bomb, even if the bomb icon isnt directly linked to a target. Bombsight works fine. tried this on wake island map and at 3000m, 4000m and 5000m, each time at nearest waypoint the flight goes into line astern as a dive bomber would and executes a dive bombing attack and will return to strafe as well.

3. P-40 wheels look pigeon toed when gear is down, tail wheel starts out cocked 180 forward.
Old 06-08-2015, 10:56 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stugumby View Post
1.new guinea maps, select lae airfield and after take off look down, several roads run out into the tidal flats, you can also see this in fmb as well
I cant reproduce this on my end. It's most likely a video card setting.
Old 06-08-2015, 11:12 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stugumby View Post
Aren't they supply roads? They run down to the water, but there is a jetty at the end for unloading boats.
Old 06-08-2015, 11:28 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baddington_VA View Post
In a PDF file called Temp_Guide 4.111.
It should be amongst the files in the Program files/ Ubisoft / Il2 Sturmovik 1946

I have encountered no problems yet with the B24D
I have made several bombing runs on an offline multiplay.

All my aircraft appear,No missing positions in the Ju88 or odd underwing appearances.( several versions ago the JU88 was remapped ).
My version is running fine so far.
Installed over unmodded 4.122.
Yes sir, I am quite familiar with that file. But it only covers the aircraft up to version 4.11 so none of the aircraft added since then are in there. Its not really a big deal I just would like to know the temperature limits.
Old 06-08-2015, 11:41 PM
Approved Member

[IMG][/IMG]