Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Other > Other Topics

Other Topics Feel free to discuss other topics here.

Old 03-14-2009, 02:00 PM
Approved Member

Hehehe....Pretty predictable reactions, and understandable. I will try the demo, and see what its like first......Jury very much out on this one.
Old 03-14-2009, 02:01 PM
Approved Member

ROF

Prediction

EPIC FAIL

Old 03-14-2009, 02:06 PM
Approved Member

I'm kind of curious what happens to the customers if they did go out of business or their server goes down. Can they still play the sim? Having to connect online just to play offline singleplayer, I'm out. Hope Oleg doesn't do something as stupid.

Flyingbullseye
Old 03-14-2009, 02:18 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingbullseye View Post
I'm kind of curious what happens to the customers if they did go out of business or their server goes down. Can they still play the sim? Having to connect online just to play offline singleplayer, I'm out. Hope Oleg doesn't do something as stupid.

Flyingbullseye
If/when they go out of business,the customer gets a nice new shiny beer mat!
Old 03-14-2009, 02:31 PM
Approved Member

I have a damn wireless modem that is slow, overheats and has a monthly download limit. Maybe when they see how stupid their plan is they will create a whopper of a patch that will enable offline play.
Old 03-14-2009, 02:32 PM
Approved Member

Seems a real wierd route to go down, I think this will loose them many (up to this point) eager customers

Chris

http://www.aircombatgroup.co.uk/index.php

Gigabyte z77-d3h, Intel Core i5-3570K 3.40GHz (OC 4.2GHz), Corsair Vengeance Low Profile 24GB DDR3 PC3-12800C9 1600MHz Dual Channel Kit , Samsung 120GB SSD 840 SATA 6Gb/s Basic, Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM 1TB SATA 6Gb/s 64MB, Cooling Silencer Mk II 750W '80 Plus Silver' PSU,
GTX580 3gb OC
Old 03-14-2009, 03:07 PM
Approved Member

They´ve lost me, as a potential customer, for shure!
Old 03-14-2009, 03:35 PM
Approved Member

We never know, after they get their butts handed to them in sales maybe the devs will release a patch so offline players don't need to connect to their server. If not JG52Uther will be correct, the customer will have a nice expensive beer mat and the rest of us will be $50 richer give or take. Oh well, now don't need to upgrade until the specs for SOW come out.

Flyingbullseye
Old 03-14-2009, 04:41 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forgottenfighter View Post
You don't just need an internet connection to download the game, you need one to play it. There is no offline mode.
Quote:
7. If an internet connection is required, what amount of traffic (in/out) will there be within one hour?
In multiplayer mode, depending on eventfulness, there will be considerable amount of traffic.
In singleplayer mode (single mission, training, career) - the amount of traffic will be minimal (only statistics and system messages)
I think they're saying it's like steam, you have to be connected to the net to play, but you can play single player.
Old 03-14-2009, 05:07 PM
Approved Member

No, they are saying that you need to connect to internet ALWAYS to play. You can play offline, but after login.
If you suffer a disconnection and the mission ends, you lose the points/statistics that you´ve earned through the mission.
I think that´s a very risky decision for a low profile company. If they ask me, they need 2 "exe" versions (like GTR Evo Simulator), one for play online, and one for offline. You buy both in one of course.