Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 05-07-2012, 01:59 AM
Approved Member

Default BoM should have playable demo

If the current state of affairs carries on for too much longer I think that the "Team" should seriously consider a free playable demo for BoM before releasing it to the market to assure their paying customers that they finaly have things fixed. The results of this beta patch are not convincing enough to get the largest part of the community behind them. Most of us were hoping to have a major improvement with this patch, but it hasn't happend for at least 50% of us. With the original Il2 series there was a playable demo available, this convinced a large % of the supportive community to try and then buy the series. With CoD there wasn't a demo, so we went in relying on what we thought we were going to get from the advertising and the good will that had been developed with the community. From a lot of threads and replies after patch 17582 most of the goodwill is starting to go down the gurgler. I hope things get better quickly, but I've stopped expecting too much too soon.

Have just noticed that RoF are due to release the "Channel" map, how far away would it be from adding a Hurricane or Spitfire and Bf109 to RoF. Once the support base for CoD starts losing it's followers it will be very difficult to get them back.

Asus M4N98TD-EVO
AMD Phenom2 965 x 4 3.4gig
8gig DDR3 Ram
2x GTS 450 Sli (1gig each)
1Tb HDD Partitioned x 5
700w Coolermaster single rail P/S 52a
Windows 7 64bit
19" Samsung 931BW monitor
1280 x 960 Resolution

Last edited by RickRuski; 05-07-2012 at 02:15 AM.
Old 05-07-2012, 11:31 AM
Approved Member

+1

CPU Intel i7 920 @ 2.67 -> OC 4 Ghz MB ASUS P6T Cooler Noctua NH-D14 Memory 12GB
GPU 2x nVidia 285 GTX 1GB SLI HD 2x SATAII WD VelociRaptor 150GB RAID 0
SB ASUS Xonar DS/DT 7.1 PSU Tagan 1100W OS W7 Ult.64 LCD LG W2284F-PF
TrackIR 3 Pro + Saitek X-52 + Saitek Pro Rudders Pedals + Pro Flight Throttle Quadrant + Saitek PcDash 2
Old 05-07-2012, 11:40 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickRuski View Post
If the current state of affairs carries on for too much longer I think that the "Team" should seriously consider a free playable demo for BoM before releasing it to the market to assure their paying customers that they finaly have things fixed. The results of this beta patch are not convincing enough to get the largest part of the community behind them. Most of us were hoping to have a major improvement with this patch, but it hasn't happend for at least 50% of us. With the original Il2 series there was a playable demo available, this convinced a large % of the supportive community to try and then buy the series. With CoD there wasn't a demo, so we went in relying on what we thought we were going to get from the advertising and the good will that had been developed with the community. From a lot of threads and replies after patch 17582 most of the goodwill is starting to go down the gurgler. I hope things get better quickly, but I've stopped expecting too much too soon.

Have just noticed that RoF are due to release the "Channel" map, how far away would it be from adding a Hurricane or Spitfire and Bf109 to RoF. Once the support base for CoD starts losing it's followers it will be very difficult to get them back.
Good post and I agree totally...I was thinking the same in regards to what you said about ROF.
Old 05-07-2012, 11:40 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickRuski View Post
With CoD there wasn't a demo, so we went in relying on what we thought we were going to get from the advertising and the good will that had been developed with the community.
Wrong on many accounts. Many people read the CloD reviews and knew what they were buying. The prevailing motivating factor was the developper support of IL2 Sturmovik through the years. So far the support is there, though a bit different in terms of quality.

Quote:
Once the support base for CoD starts losing it's followers it will be very difficult to get them back.
In a way, yes. People quit this game but they keep on checking if it is fixed. For now CloD needs a stable fanbase to keep the interest in. I`d say that counts for at least one squad member to fill in others on the updates. Once this title is stable and offers substantial content, others will jump right in. Time is not the biggest factor here.
Old 05-07-2012, 12:25 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy_ View Post
Wrong on many accounts. Many people read the CloD reviews and knew what they were buying. The prevailing motivating factor was the developper support of IL2 Sturmovik through the years. So far the support is there, though a bit different in terms of quality.
well that might be your case mate, you can appreciate that there are also newcomers that were deceived by the fake specs and content promises.
Old 05-07-2012, 12:36 PM
Approved Member

I understand you are saying that CloD was the first game ever to deceive people with systems specs and content promises. Ok.
Old 05-07-2012, 12:57 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
I understand you are saying that CloD was the first game ever to deceive people with systems specs and content promises. Ok.
Yes, but we all know that, this was a bad joke to all the guys here releasing the game in such state, then blame the epilepsy filter, and first say that those first videos with low FPS at the moscow expo were due to low RAM in the PC's, so even devs sustain their lie about the real state of the sim before release, this seems to be something normal in russia, as i remember something quite the same with RoF before it was owned by 777 studios, for me 777studios taking over CloD will be the best for CloD as they have proved to be a small but hard working and organized team.
Old 05-07-2012, 12:59 PM
Approved Member

so if Clod had had a playable demo, how many would have bought it???
Old 05-07-2012, 01:00 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
I understand you're saying that you know what motivated the people to buy the game?.
Ok.

Just talk for yourself, m8.

CPU Intel i7 920 @ 2.67 -> OC 4 Ghz MB ASUS P6T Cooler Noctua NH-D14 Memory 12GB
GPU 2x nVidia 285 GTX 1GB SLI HD 2x SATAII WD VelociRaptor 150GB RAID 0
SB ASUS Xonar DS/DT 7.1 PSU Tagan 1100W OS W7 Ult.64 LCD LG W2284F-PF
TrackIR 3 Pro + Saitek X-52 + Saitek Pro Rudders Pedals + Pro Flight Throttle Quadrant + Saitek PcDash 2
Old 05-07-2012, 01:01 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitbat View Post
so if Clod had had a playable demo, how many would have bought it???
I have to admit that I wouldn't have. At least not at release. I would have kept a close eye on the forums and awaited development.