Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 07-20-2011, 01:35 PM
Registered Member

Default Nvidia 9500 GT the screen keeps blank after the loading

Any 1 can help me?? i've bought this game on steam and i waited to download it , after the download i installed and everything was ok, then i went to play it and the menu appears and the game too but in everything that is interactive juts like the player plane and the map before the mission and the mission itself appears a blank screen, i dont think it is my system.
System:
GeForce 9500 GT 1 gb
4 gb Mem
Windows 7 Ultimate x 32
Old 07-20-2011, 01:42 PM
Approved Member

9500GT is a low end card and it is not officially supported.
There might be possible to start the game though, but even if it do start it will have to be played at quite low graphical settings.

Try setting every graphical setting to their lowest and see if that makes a difference.
Old 07-20-2011, 01:45 PM
Registered Member

OOk i also tried to update all the drives and when i pause the game (when the blank screen appears ) the screen appears and the menu too, in some other words: everything that is interactive BUGS, do not appear
Old 07-20-2011, 01:58 PM
Approved Member

Hi!

I had the exact same problem with my laptop, and an geforce 330m. The problem may be the DX10 support of your card. You should go to My Documents/1C Softclub/IL2 sturmovik cliffs of dover/conf.ini, and put

Render=D3D9_0

under the [window] heading. That should get stuff to show on-screen. I wouldn't expect the game to run smoothly or with good graphics, but hopefully you'll be able to run it. Turn SSAO off, epilepsy filter off, lower the resolution, lower texture settings, turn of shadows, grass and trees, and hopefully that'll be playable!

Good luck!
Old 07-20-2011, 02:02 PM
Approved Member

The GeForce 9500GT is not officially supported. Ideally you should have a card that can support and run the full DirectX10 featureset as that is what the game is built and optimised for.

DirectX 9 mode is buggy at best.
Old 07-20-2011, 05:26 PM
Approved Member

Check your config.ini and change the dx-10 to dx-9.I am not sure of the exact syntax.
Old 07-20-2011, 05:53 PM
Registered Member

thx a lot guys, srry i couldnt reply earlier IT WORKED!! i'm soo happy i will expand my entire vaction on this game!
Old 07-20-2011, 06:51 PM
Registered Member

Dude i had the OS Windows 7 x 64 and i wanted to play CoD 4, and the game had a bug whit that OS soo i've traded it for the x32 one hahaha, untill now i hadn't any problem whit the launcher.exe
Thx. I apreciate.
Another Question: Does the Card GeForce 9500 GT have a problem whit the Directx10?
MAAN, i need to say... after it worked, i just reboot the pc and the game launcher.exe is doing error, i will follow the cheesehawk advice thx allot guys i have made my day. =]

Last edited by gabrielgalli; 07-20-2011 at 07:23 PM.
Old 07-20-2011, 08:51 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabrielgalli View Post
Dude i had the OS Windows 7 x 64 and i wanted to play CoD 4, and the game had a bug whit that OS soo i've traded it for the x32 one hahaha, untill now i hadn't any problem whit the launcher.exe
Thx. I apreciate.
Another Question: Does the Card GeForce 9500 GT have a problem whit the Directx10?
MAAN, i need to say... after it worked, i just reboot the pc and the game launcher.exe is doing error, i will follow the cheesehawk advice thx allot guys i have made my day. =]
The Geforce 9500GT fully support DX10
Old 07-20-2011, 09:45 PM
Approved Member

save yourself hassles upgrade your video card games are better at mid setting and even speeds without lag