Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 10-28-2010, 11:31 PM
Approved Member

I think any good i7 system will be fine
Old 10-29-2010, 01:28 AM
Approved Member

I'm planning to run this on a stock i7 920 (2.7 Ghz) with 3GB of RAM and an Ati 4890 1GB. Later on down the road i might double the RAM to 6Gb (as i think it's been mentioned sometime ago that 3GB will be the absolute minimum) and get a 58xx series card when they drop in price. Should be fine i think.

I've said this in another thread that was purely tech-related by the way. I think that any amount of RAM over 6GB is somewhat overkill for gaming today, unless someone works with specific professional software suites that do make use of it on the same PC (eg, very high resolution photo/video editing with multiple instances running at the same time).

Future proofing a new PC is one thing and it's good, but buying something that might end up being superseded and replaced without ever once being used to its full potential is a waste of resources that could be spent elsewhere in a more efficient manner.
For example, if the next set of RAM sticks is a different kind of slot/frequency/voltage, i've never once used my 12 GB to their full by the time i do my next upgrade and my next CPU is incompatible with my old RAM sticks, then i've wasted money pure and simple. It's actually better to get a good motherboard, get an adequate but modest amount of RAM and stick with that until it's not enough for the job before buying more of it, as chances are it will also be cheaper down the road.

I don't know how much RAM goes for these days but i'd be more inclined to get 6GB and use the spare cash on or towards something else if its any meaningful amount, or just go out and have dinner and a few drinks if it's a small one.
Old 10-29-2010, 02:19 AM
Approved Member

you guys are aware the 920 beat AMD's X4(>=955) in everything BUT gaming?

Last edited by swiss; 10-29-2010 at 02:23 AM.
Old 10-29-2010, 07:12 AM
Approved Member

x

Last edited by fireflyerz; 10-29-2010 at 07:14 AM. Reason: Damn , dosnt work...
Old 10-29-2010, 07:18 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdog_kt View Post
Future proofing a new PC is one thing and it's good, but buying something that might end up being superseded and replaced without ever once being used to its full potential is a waste of resources that could be spent elsewhere in a more efficient manner.
For example, if the next set of RAM sticks is a different kind of slot/frequency/voltage, i've never once used my 12 GB to their full by the time i do my next upgrade and my next CPU is incompatible with my old RAM sticks, then i've wasted money pure and simple. It's actually better to get a good motherboard, get an adequate but modest amount of RAM and stick with that until it's not enough for the job before buying more of it, as chances are it will also be cheaper down the road.
Tell me about it! The day after I purchaced my 790i Ultra Motherboard (socket 775) Intel announced the i7's !!!!!! Doh!
Old 10-29-2010, 07:49 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skoshi Tiger View Post
Tell me about it! The day after I purchaced my 790i Ultra Motherboard (socket 775) Intel announced the i7's !!!!!! Doh!
Did the same thing back in the Intel Pentium 3 era when the development didnt had the same pace as of today.
Bought the first P3 500mhz because my friend had a P2 450 that rocked for like 2 years. Thought I could manage an equal amount of time "on the top" but then Intel released all the 600 up to 800mhz variants.

My P3 500 didnt fare so well and the money felt wasted.
Old 10-29-2010, 10:56 AM
Approved Member

Has this been posted before...?

The reflection of the pilot is WRONG! The gun-button is on the wrong side in the reflection and consequently the pilot looks left-handed...
Old 10-29-2010, 11:02 AM
Registered Member

Because it's not reflection . It's kind of trial static picture .
Old 10-29-2010, 11:06 AM
Approved Member

Really...doesn't make much sense if that is the case.
I think that this is quite final, though. Oleg said the reflection was just a pre-made picture which would be inserted into the gauges.
In any case, all that needs to be done is for the image to be flipped...
Old 10-29-2010, 11:11 AM
Registered Member

yap.....Photoshop flip horizontally ...lol