Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Armored Princess

King's Bounty: Armored Princess Sequel to the critically acclaimed King’s Bounty: The Legend.

Old 01-19-2010, 09:23 AM
Approved Member

Somehow I have a feeling that, literally, a couple of talents doesn't suit the Paladin class quite well. Scouting, Voice of the Dragon and even Adrenaline seem more suitable for Ranger (if there is a new class) while Neatness looks like Mage talent. But then I would prefer seeing Order Magic and Magic Light placed under Paladin tree. Anyway a separate discussion may suit better elsewhere.

By the way, comparing KB with HOMM is like comparing Soccer game with Soccer management game. Argument never ends.
Old 01-20-2010, 02:24 AM
Registered Member

There are several games that are simialr to HOMM: Age of Wonder, Disciples series, spellforce series, Etherlord series. They are all unique in their own ways.

KB is the best HOMM game so far. Once Diciples III come out, we can compare to see which is better.

KB should have multiplayer option. I want to play online with my friends or verus human opponents.

Hopefully the next expansion or KB II should have more RPG/story contents.
Old 01-20-2010, 06:33 AM
Approved Member

How on earth is Etherlords like HOMM? It's a collectibles spell casting game, not a tactics game.
Old 01-20-2010, 07:28 AM
Approved Member

According to the reviews of the russian version of Diciples III, dont expect too much. Its more or less slaughtered in the reviews and comments I have read.
Old 01-20-2010, 11:34 AM
Approved Member

And you read right

Right now Disciples III is a HOMM/King's Bounty mixture with only 3 races (humans, demons, elves), 3 campaigns and absolutely no single player maps. Unless they do a major overhaul of the game, I'd stick to King's bounty if I were in the buyers' shoes.
Old 01-20-2010, 11:37 AM
Approved Member

Oh, no single player maps for d3? oau, very bad news. you finish the game and then what? not good
Old 01-20-2010, 04:12 PM
Approved Member

I've read that Disciples 3 is extremely buggy and poor, there currently really is no competition for King's Bounty, and I'm positive if more people new about it they would buy it. It's the most addictive game ever, one of those rare games that makes you forget about eating and sleeping.

Maybe Elemental: War of Magic will have something to offer...
Old 01-20-2010, 05:09 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandea View Post
Oh, no single player maps for d3? oau, very bad news. you finish the game and then what? not good
You shelf it. Actually, there is only 1 SP map that you can play over and over, which is the intro/tutorial, so it doesn't count. So far the best you can do is finish up the 3 campaigns and play them over and over

Not to mention that Akella and .dat seem to have completely lost their way - the final patch makes any mission after the first one to fail to load (you get a black screen and that's it). The only solution is to save the game before finishing, revert to the previous patch (1.04 HF10), finish the mission, and then go back to 1.05 HF 3 or 7, or whatever number it was.

Poor players With King's Bounty, we got the complete package and everything worked. There are a few minor bugs, I admit - but nothing that can ruin your game or reduce the amount of fun you're getting from it