Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 12-29-2009, 09:48 PM
Registered Member

Default Problems with first mission XB360 version

I got this for Xmas from my brother along with the ace combat stick and throttle.

I have not been able to complete the first mission of the BOB campaign as it locks up at various points during the mission, but I have not been able to shoot down the first two HE-111's yet. I have been able to complete the first 3 or 4 tutorials with nor problem.

also the MP server seems to have been down all day today any one else having problems with that as well?
Old 12-29-2009, 10:32 PM
Approved Member

I don't know about the locking up, but as for MP, there is no server. Games are hosted by other players. If you get the no server message, it just means that no games are active at the time. Try creating your own instead, and someone will eventually join.
Old 12-30-2009, 07:38 PM
Approved Member

I'm not an XBox user, so just regurgitating what I've read but you could try installing it to hard drive? It may be that the disk is having trouble reading something so locks up...?
Old 12-31-2009, 12:18 AM
Registered Member

I figured out the problem, My Xbox was in the process of dying it finally gave up today with the famous RROD The lock ups were just the machine in its death throes.
Old 12-31-2009, 01:55 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbeirs View Post
I figured out the problem, My Xbox was in the process of dying it finally gave up today with the famous RROD The lock ups were just the machine in its death throes.
Don't you just hate that? Now you have to wait another few weeks for MS to repair or replace it. I love my 360 but I just hope the next generation isn't made so cheaply. That said when mine died it was back working within 10 days of it being sent off and the customer service was very good. It shouldn't happen in the first place but such is life.

I did have a scare while playing mine last week. We had a massive summer electrical storm and a power out caused it to go RROD - I was cursing but lucky it was just the power cutting in and out real quick that casued it, nothing damaged.

Now I just need the 360 patch to come out before I purchase this game. I can't wait to dust off the Ace Edge stick and get some WWII flight action online.
Old 12-31-2009, 01:44 PM
Approved Member

I had the RROD the day I received COD MW2...
Microsoft sent me a new console six days after I sent them my old one...
Talking about some quality Customer Support.
They even gave me a month XBL for free.

I'll never leave Microsoft!
Old 12-31-2009, 01:54 PM
Approved Member

I can help getting off topic, but I got the RROD a few hours after playing COD4. To this day I blame it on that game.

The customer support is great though, I got a new 360 about a week after I sent it in and they gave me a month of live free, like JaVA