Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 07-18-2011, 01:37 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmiss View Post
There are some users of BOB COD that are having very good results, and there are the whiners that won't take the time to review the system stats of those who are getting good results.

Many of the videos I've seen indicate a very competent COD, and it is getting better with each patch.

If your system specs don't square up to the specs of people getting good performance you might want to make some inquiries.

I am very sure the people having good results will be glad to share how they achieved their competent installs of COD.

If your system specs don't meet up to what is working you should think about your hardware instead of whining about something that may never be workable.
yeah yeah... all of that and bla bla bla. Check the game specs on the box, and compare them with te actual specs needed.
Old 07-18-2011, 02:13 PM
Approved Member

Best game I've ever owned. I can no longer get into playing IL2 1946 after COD. Sure there's problems, but it's worth it and the best thing is it will only get better. I remember not being able to play IL2 Sturmovik on my average PC when it was first came out.
Old 07-18-2011, 02:13 PM
Approved Member

This is great, here was me thinking it was the developers fault that MP sounds don't work, the AI crashes into the ground, radio commands don't work, buildings pop up, the qmb is worse than il2 etc etc and it turns out it was my computer all along!

Personally I think people using the offensive term 'whiners' when talking about paying customers should get the same penalty as people using other offensive language here.
Old 07-18-2011, 02:35 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG52Uther View Post
This is great, here was me thinking it was the developers fault that MP sounds don't work, the AI crashes into the ground, radio commands don't work, buildings pop up, the qmb is worse than il2 etc etc and it turns out it was my computer all along!

Personally I think people using the offensive term 'whiners' when talking about paying customers should get the same penalty as people using other offensive language here.
Here here..
Old 07-18-2011, 02:51 PM
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPickle View Post
The specs that are given dont match up to what works and what works appears to be random at times.
I have low end system and i get 25-35 fps, with stutter a plenty. My system appears according to others reports to run better than others high end systems.

I think maybe people should not buy any new kit untill the game is presented as fix/stable, I know i wont, and i dont believe in encouraging others to do so when its the game that is problematic more than the system.
My experience with electronic devices they are consistent. Departures from consistent, intermittents are usually caused by external influences. I'm not saying software is 100% competent. I'm saying external influences can cause intermittent issues that are manifested in software performances that others are not having.

I've had intermittent issues with my mouse, with my joystick etc., over the years showing up in my software usage. I've actually narrowed the problem down to where I thought it was my mouse... bought another one and found my USB port was causing the problems. Microsoft actually created the fix for the USB problem in that instance.

I have had all kinds of problems over the years with memory, configuring bios, setting up proper drivers all that effected computer and software performance. Information was difficult to find, and most often the answers came from another user.

Solutions are not found in whines. A starting place for solutions is found by seeking the advice of others and trying to isolate the problem.

Chances are if no one else has the problem with a very similar system specification, it's usually something you have on your system or something you are doing or not doing.
Old 07-18-2011, 02:52 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewpee View Post
Best game I've ever owned. I can no longer get into playing IL2 1946 after COD. Sure there's problems, but it's worth it and the best thing is it will only get better. I remember not being able to play IL2 Sturmovik on my average PC when it was first came out.
Whatcha talkin` bout Willis? IL2 has been dead since 2007 when all the mod hell broke loose. But I do agree with the difficulties long after it hatched. As it turned out, I got a new pc in June 2002 and it was hard to run it on medium at anything more than 1024x768.

My specs :
Intel Quad Q6600@3.1 GHz
Powercolor Ati HD4870 512 MB RAM OCed by 7% (core + memory)
Windows Vista Ultimate x64
4GB RAM GEIL Black Dragon 800Hz
One case cooling 120mm
CPU cooling Zalman 9800Cu
ASUS P5Q Pro mainboard
HDD Samsung F3 1TB 16MB Cache

I take a very good care of what goes on in my disks. Games have their own partition and all the rest has its separate partition. Right now the partition where Steam is located has 84GB free HD space.
Never tried any beta patches, just updated once Steam said so. I have the Ubisoft intro enabled. I stick to the must-have processes in the background
I can`t put a screenshot of my settings, but I remember :
Resolution 1280x768,
Terrain detail medium,
buildings detail low,
buildings amount unlimited,
trees enabled,
roads enabled ,
grass disabled,
SSAO disabled,
AAx4,
models medium,
fullscreen enabled (pseudo fullscreen disabled)
texture detail medium.

Over sea 48-77 FPS, smooth regardless of aircraft numbers.
Over terrain 28-42 FPS also regardless.
Minimum fps I get when looking through revi at biggest cities.
0.2sec stutters from time to time only over terrain.

Last edited by carguy_; 07-18-2011 at 02:58 PM.
Old 07-18-2011, 02:53 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
You`re lucky there`s no penalty on here forums for posting stupidity.
Old 07-18-2011, 02:54 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pupo162 View Post
yeah yeah... all of that and bla bla bla. Check the game specs on the box, and compare them with te actual specs needed.
+++

I feel cheated.
When i must read this Bullshit from Nearmiss.

I think no more Money for Cheaters !!!

FUA

Goodbye 1c
Old 07-18-2011, 03:15 PM
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albtraum23 View Post
+++

I feel cheated.
When i must read this Bullshit from Nearmiss.

I think no more Money for Cheaters !!!

FUA

Goodbye 1c
Looks like you'll be whining for quite awhile, since you don't get it.

Everything has to be someone else's fault, yet they aren't having a problem.

You don't see something wrong with that thinking? LOL
Old 07-18-2011, 03:22 PM
Global Moderator

Quote:

I remember IL2 we had sounds that did and didn't work. We had AI crashes into the ground as far back as I remember. One patch would fix another would break it again. Anomalies were on and off as well throughout the life of IL2.

I think whiners is an excellent word.

Maybe you could give us a better word, that won't offend paying customers. I went to the movie the other night, half the people were whining when they were talking among themselves on the way out. Others were talking about how they loved the movie. All paying customers just doing what comes natural... to them.