Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 07-18-2011, 10:00 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc_uk View Post
So were was the realism, in that vid?
1. you had icons on, not very real
2. you were using outside view, not very real
I think he was meaning the way the aircraft was disassembled by the AA
Old 07-18-2011, 10:30 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lensman1945 View Post
Doh
Old 07-18-2011, 11:14 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Im not having a dig, i just thought id give it another go
So, just decided to install this game again,
While my game ran fine the patch befor this Patch, nearly maxed out, Its now no go with this latest patch.
my game now runs as bad as when i first downloaded it from steam
Lagy, stutters all over, no crash damage, sound problems, no full screen, shimering trees are still there
And as much as they get fixed in a new patch, they end up breaking more
It makes me wonder just who is working on this game
Anyways time to uninstall again, till the next time, but i wont bank on anything being fixed
Any changes to your install?
Windows update, new graphics driver etc?
Even uninstalling something.

At work we see the craziest crashes due to these.
The last one being no registry settings changed when updating from an existing install of an application.
But installed fresh all was well.

No amount of uninstalling and cleaning teh registry helped.
So we just copied it over and all's well.
Old 07-18-2011, 02:23 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tvrdi View Post
optimise...that means you can make buildings looking good without using million poligons or textures or whataver and to run well on modern rigs....thats somehow simplified explanation but youll get the point..
Yus, thanks. You too albx.

So, perhaps we can look forward to even better things. Perhaps come the day I'll be able to run 'Very High', maxed out, etc.

Meantime I seem to be one of the luckier ones. Perhaps because of my only having 'High' settings.

ASUS Sabertooth X58 /i7 950 @ 4GHz / 6Gb DDR3 1600 CAS8 / EVGA GTX570 GPU 1.28Gb superclocked / Crucial 128Gb SSD SATA III 6Gb/s, 355Mb-215Mb Read-Write / 850W PSU
Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium / Samsung 22" 226BW @ 1680 x 1050 / TrackIR4 with TrackIR5 software / Saitek X52 Pro & Rudders
Old 07-18-2011, 02:39 PM
Approved Member

Your MP sound works because you turned off forest. Strange bug...
Old 07-18-2011, 03:11 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEditor View Post
................. PC games cost too much to make with little audience to fund them. ...................
Perhaps true, but you know what? I'd pay £100/$160 or perhaps more for a combat sim that delivers everything CoD/SoW was supposed to (and still may).

After all, I spent ten times that much on a new rig just to get it to deliver on CoD's promises (and better FSX etc). It would be daft to resent paying a significant price to actually get the software. One of the ironies is that people are prepared to pay so much for hardware but perhaps not the software. These aren't console games although the same market price is targeted. The developer's quandary is trying to meet high-end expectations with a low wide-market price and trying to make it all things to all men in order to make sales. Many console players want £30 max and low play-realism because anything else is too hard to learn and will lose their attention pretty quickly anyway. Some of the rest of us want high fidelity and will dedicate our time to it because quick-fix console games aren't what we're looking for.

In the full blown professional simulation world the software is a huge cost and a large percentage of the overall. 'Game' simulation isn't in the same bracket but we seem to expect top-notch simulation, as far as is possible on a PC, for the price of a console game.

In fact, and by popular agreement in many threads here, this simulation is much deeper than a simple console game, many of which appear to re-gurgitate the same core software for further cost recovery. If a narrow world of, say, 5,000+ hard core simmers worldwide were prepared to pay £300 for a fantastic combat simulation the market might still be attractive to more developers. At the current price they need to sell over 50,000 copies for the same return (which I know copuld still happen). I have no idea how large the market is in copy sales so perhaps the sweet spot is somewhere else.

Would I pay £300? Possibly, if it was everything I wanted it to be and it would sit comfortably alongside my hardware investment. And yes, that would make it another market altogether.

Who else expected CoD to be at least £50? I did.

ASUS Sabertooth X58 /i7 950 @ 4GHz / 6Gb DDR3 1600 CAS8 / EVGA GTX570 GPU 1.28Gb superclocked / Crucial 128Gb SSD SATA III 6Gb/s, 355Mb-215Mb Read-Write / 850W PSU
Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium / Samsung 22" 226BW @ 1680 x 1050 / TrackIR4 with TrackIR5 software / Saitek X52 Pro & Rudders
Old 07-18-2011, 03:12 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEditor View Post
Your MP sound works because you turned off forest. Strange bug...
At the risk of hogging the thread...

I didn't now that Editor, thanks. I'll pass it on.

Old 07-18-2011, 03:31 PM
Approved Member

I've played a few games today and I didn't suffer the MP sound bug. The only difference being that I found a local server with a ping of about 90ms, instead of several hundred.

I wonder if that could have anything to do with it?
Old 07-18-2011, 03:33 PM
Approved Member

Unhappy

Quote:
I can run RoF and Dcs A10-c Maxed out, no problems at all, its only since the last patch that ive struggled, with this game
And yes i should be able to play this ok with my rig, so it just go's to show how badly this game is optimized
Hi Doc,

I too have a mondo rig. It's one of the best you could build at the time of COD's release. I have also been complaining about 4 performance issues that have appeared only after 2 patch realeses ago. I even spoke with Luth dog and he said I shouldn't have any problems running everything on high.

1) stutters near land or when looking in it's direction
2) FPS hit in the 20% range where originally I had a surplus.
3) Anti Alaising doesn't work
4) Deteriorating performance if multiple missions are played.

Again, I wouldn't mind these issues if it was stated that they are working to improve them. However, there has been no mention of these on the "to do" list.

I'm just worried they have given up on the performance issues and are assuming that they no longer exist except for the "minor performance" issues stated to be resolved in a few months time.

Gollum

Last edited by Gollum; 07-18-2011 at 03:35 PM.
Old 07-18-2011, 03:54 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lensman1945 View Post
Yes, that is what the Video was about and showing. Thanks!

On my rig I went to Windows 7 Basic on the desktop and that help the performance of all my flight sim's.

~S~

MOBO- Gigabyte GA-EP45_UD3P.
CPU-Intel core Duo E8600 @ 3.33GHz.
Ram 4GB.
PSU-(Duel power supply.
500 and 550 watt on the GPU.
550 watt on MOBO and SSD.
500 watt on HDD and CD/DVD player)
GPU-Video card GTX 470 1280 MB GDDR5.
Internal SSD- Crucial M4 CT064M4SSD2 2.5" 64GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive
Internal HDD-Seagate Barracuda SATA2 1TB/TO 32MB 7200RPM.
External HDD-Seagate USB2.00 500 GB 7200RPM.
OS-(Duel partition on Internal HDD.
Windows XP Pro 32bit.
Windows 7 PRO 64 bit.)

CFS3 and Expansions,FSX on XP 32 bit HDD-Seagate Barracuda SATA2 1TB/TO 32MB 7200RPM.
CLoD and RoF in W-7 Pro 64 bit HDD-Seagate Barracuda SATA2 1TB/TO 32MB 7200RPM.
CLoD and RoF in W-7 Pro 64 bit SSD- Crucial M4 CT064M4SSD2 2.5" 64GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive

MSWFF Pro 2.
2 saitek x52 throttles.
Saitek Pro Flight PZ35 Rudder Pedals
Monitor- HP-19, HP-24 or a VIZIO 42in screen.
Turtle Beach Gaming Headset and Mic.
TIR5.
Fraps.
Systems Windows 7 Experience Index rate of 6.7 base with SSD-- 5.9 base with HDD

-

Last edited by AARPRazorbacks; 07-18-2011 at 04:01 PM.