Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 07-16-2011, 03:50 PM
Approved Member

Default Is there a command to" toggle icon" types in Clod??

In Il-2 there is a keystroke command that allows one to shorten or eleiminate the copy line that is seen in blue or red under aircraft in flight ( or ground) during game play.Its handy esp. when doing in play screenshots .I have been unable to find same in options.Is it there & I've simply missed it, or is it a different title in an unexpected place ?Thanks!
Old 07-16-2011, 07:02 PM
Approved Member

No
Not at the moment at least
Old 07-17-2011, 11:20 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skouras View Post
No
Not at the moment at least
Yes there is a command line in the console of the game... shift+esc then "?" or "mp_dotrange ?"

Last edited by senseispcc; 07-17-2011 at 01:29 PM.
Old 07-17-2011, 07:32 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by senseispcc View Post
Yes there is a command line in the console of the game... shift+esc then "?" or "mp_dotrange ?"
Console? I see there is an all or nothing icons command in Realism settings , but I can't seem to find the cosole , could you help me out? I really just want to have "range" available not type & callsign...
Old 07-17-2011, 09:28 PM
Approved Member

Take the attached file, and dump it into your il2 cod's documents and settings folder, overwriting the rcu file from there.

it will make you the following commands available to you via the console:
fs - will start the FPS counter
fh - will hide the FPS counter
im - will load my proffered icons' settings (dot at 15, range at 6, type at 2.5; no colors, ID, name). this will be loaded as default when you'll start the game
ifr - will load a full real set of icons (dot at 15 and nothing else)

you can edit and use them as you like

PS: you can activate the console by assigning it a key via the controls (default there's no key attached to open it). once opened, just type the commands i wrote above, and hit enter
Attached Files
File Type: zip icons.zip (981 Bytes, 52 views)

Last edited by adonys; 07-17-2011 at 09:30 PM.
Old 07-17-2011, 10:18 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by adonys View Post
Take the attached file, and dump it into your il2 cod's documents and settings folder, overwriting the rcu file from there.

it will make you the following commands available to you via the console:
fs - will start the FPS counter
fh - will hide the FPS counter
im - will load my proffered icons' settings (dot at 15, range at 6, type at 2.5; no colors, ID, name). this will be loaded as default when you'll start the game
ifr - will load a full real set of icons (dot at 15 and nothing else)

you can edit and use them as you like

PS: you can activate the console by assigning it a key via the controls (default there's no key attached to open it). once opened, just type the commands i wrote above, and hit enter
Many thanks have downloaded it & about to install as per instructions,but I am still at a loss as to what you mean by or where to find "Console..." ?
Old 07-18-2011, 05:59 AM
Approved Member

just open il2, and look through control settings, there one named Activate Console in there, and assign it a key.

after that, enter any mission, press that key and the console will open. the console is in fact a small backgroundless window appearing in the lower left part of your screen, on which you can read game engine's info, and in which you can type game engine's commands (like the ones above, which in fact are some aliases for some more complicated commands stored in those files).
Old 07-18-2011, 03:41 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by adonys View Post
just open il2, and look through control settings, there one named Activate Console in there, and assign it a key.

after that, enter any mission, press that key and the console will open. the console is in fact a small backgroundless window appearing in the lower left part of your screen, on which you can read game engine's info, and in which you can type game engine's commands (like the ones above, which in fact are some aliases for some more complicated commands stored in those files).
Thank you so much! I could have looked forever & missed this.I am getting to love this new sim inspite of its shortcomings ,but getting the settings ( finding proper commands etc.,) is an interesting exercise!
Old 07-18-2011, 04:29 PM
Approved Member

A simple key command like IL2 would be nice and simple.