Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend > Battle mode

Battle mode Strategy, hints, questions

Old 10-16-2009, 09:46 AM
Approved Member

leadership hardly matters

the good unit composition is ESSENTIAL also the spells u use

and abuse karador himself
Old 10-16-2009, 10:00 AM
Approved Member

I tried killing Karador just to see whether he has Ancient Vampires for sale after the fight (I looked everywhere in Death Land, Demonis and none are avaliable... ) - if his death knights hadn"t completely killed my cursed ghosts (thus stopping me from resurrecting them), I could have done the fight without losses. Ah well. (and no ancient vampires too...)

Anyone knows a good place to get Ancient Vampires? Maybe Xeona or Bhaal sells them after you beat them? I even looked in crypts and graves...
Old 10-16-2009, 10:10 AM
Approved Member

try coffins

or u might be lucky at murock ^^
Old 10-16-2009, 11:17 AM
Approved Member

There is a necromancer house in the dwarf land. Usually you can find Ancient Vampire there.
Old 10-16-2009, 02:43 PM
Approved Member

I just did this and it would have taken me at least an hour to resurrect my units and I just couldn't be bothered having already spent 20 turns tbh

Gave up on the no losses campaign ages ages so thought why bother
Old 10-16-2009, 02:45 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorflame View Post
leadership hardly matters

the good unit composition is ESSENTIAL also the spells u use

and abuse karador himself
I never said unit composition, spells and rage are not important. What I am just pointing out is that a leadership increase via levelling up would give the biggest boon in making a battle easier (which is what the OP was trying to do).

Case in point, below is my post wherein I took down the 3 Ultrax dragons battles in Demonis, all of them in 24 turns or less, no casualties:

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=10567

The reason why I don't spend so many turns resurrecting is because my unit stacks are large enough to kill the enemy before it could do more damage.

Sure, spells and unit composition are very important. But could anyone in this forum give the BEST team composition? A lot would give their opinions, but unit composition is always subject to debate.

Even spells are subject to debate, even on impossible, some people going for offense while some going for defense, and I saw this happening for a discussion using a single class: mage.

But as for leadership? The only debate on leadership is on what amount should you take it when it is given as a level-up choice. The OP planned to take it when he leveled-up to 22, which is on the level range wherein you should definitely take leadership over any other stat gain.

Even if you go with the "much vaunted" single unit/rage drain/chargers/damaging rage-spell tactic, surely you would want to take in more leadership, if only to trim down the number of turns to finish the battle.
Old 10-16-2009, 03:02 PM
Approved Member

single unit can kill karador and rage and spells do matter

especially for a warrior having the advantage of high starting rage and high damage rage abilities is a boon

whereas for a mage i think i took down karador on level 19 with shaman/necro/inqi/demoness i believe the battle was very easy keep killing bone dragons untill karador hasn't got any more mana to do something else then just mass kill the rest

fire rain+ the amulet that gives +15% damage to fire spells makes this fight a laughter

given i had an intellect of 40 and most things died with my triple dual cast
Old 10-16-2009, 05:21 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucazaurus View Post
There is a necromancer house in the dwarf land. Usually you can find Ancient Vampire there.
Tried it, he sells simple vampires. I even did the Evil Book quest but Karmac or whatever also only sells regulars...

And I heard people found Vampires sold in Bat form - never seen that happen in both of my games...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorflame View Post
single unit can kill karador and rage and spells do matter

especially for a warrior having the advantage of high starting rage and high damage rage abilities is a boon

whereas for a mage i think i took down karador on level 19 with shaman/necro/inqi/demoness i believe the battle was very easy keep killing bone dragons untill karador hasn't got any more mana to do something else then just mass kill the rest

fire rain+ the amulet that gives +15% damage to fire spells makes this fight a laughter

given i had an intellect of 40 and most things died with my triple dual cast
HUh? How on earth did you get a 40 Intellect on that level? I'm 19 or 20 too, as a Mage, but during Level-Up the game hardly let me take Intellect. I have the Archmage Staff, Dead Skull, Royal Snake Ring boosting my intellect to 26-28, but that's all. Even with Level 3. Fire rain with Prismatic Helm and the Hellfire Amulet, Karador's 70-or-so Death Knights and 380 Zombies own the field. They do horrible damage. Me, on the other hand, had trouble taking down his measly 50 Ancient Vampires, due to the bastard's ability to evade criticals.

In comparison, the Evil Book battle was over in 3 turns without lossess...

Last edited by BB Shockwave; 10-16-2009 at 05:26 PM.
Old 10-16-2009, 06:43 PM
Approved Member

Good combo for mages against Karador. Will require Higher Magic skill (preferable maxed) and one stack of green dragons. They will have first move at the start of each turn , even the Necromancers have the same initiative, because they outrank the Necromancers in level.

First turn : Glot Armor + (first spell) Armageddon / (Second spell) Invisibility.

Second turn: Wait then use Chargers. Karador's troops will go defend mode.Collect all chargers if possible, mana balls having priority, and use Green Dragon's ability to Gain Mana.

Note - Invisibility lvl 1 only last 2 rounds but this rounds are considered the rounds made by the stack you cast the spell upon and not the game rounds,so if you don't Wait and use your action points the Invisibility will vanish.

Third turn:Invisibility + Rage Draining

Forth turn :Use a damage spell scroll on the strongest stack if possible otherwise just let the turn to pass.

Fifth Round : Repeat from the first turn.
Old 10-17-2009, 04:12 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB Shockwave View Post
Tried it, he sells simple vampires. I even did the Evil Book quest but Karmac or whatever also only sells regulars...

And I heard people found Vampires sold in Bat form - never seen that happen in both of my games...

HUh? How on earth did you get a 40 Intellect on that level? I'm 19 or 20 too, as a Mage, but during Level-Up the game hardly let me take Intellect. I have the Archmage Staff, Dead Skull, Royal Snake Ring boosting my intellect to 26-28, but that's all. Even with Level 3. Fire rain with Prismatic Helm and the Hellfire Amulet, Karador's 70-or-so Death Knights and 380 Zombies own the field. They do horrible damage. Me, on the other hand, had trouble taking down his measly 50 Ancient Vampires, due to the bastard's ability to evade criticals.

In comparison, the Evil Book battle was over in 3 turns without lossess...
gues i was just lucky with the random intellect boosters throughout the game

my attack was like 3 or something

now that was horrible ^^

i had feanora as wife as well and dead skull, archmage staff, ancient amulet, also had the intellect clas ring2 which i had used), old skull gained from karrakh

those already gave me 23 intellect ^^ think i also used the healers jacket

the rest i gotten random at level up and shrines of knowledge

but an attack of 3 is a pain in the ass believe me your units hardly damaging something ;"(