Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Mods, discussions, links, etc.

Closed Thread

Old 12-26-2011, 06:39 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathmonkey View Post
Hi there. I haven't played IL-2 in a long time but I picked up cliffs of dover via steam the other day. It runs fine on my hardware with the second to last beta forceware. The slowness of the spitfire and no way to stick anything better than .303 Enfield-shooting LMGs in the wings is irritating.

I read for about 90 minutes and signed up to download the mod. When I realized I had no idea what to do with it I found an instructions thread. It was written way before October 17 so will that method still work? I'd like to have simple means of playing online without getting my VAC messed with.
You mean you want to play online, in an online server with an aircraft you modded?
Old 12-27-2011, 12:15 AM
Global Moderator

He'll just get kicked off the server with any mods using COD.
Old 12-27-2011, 10:43 AM
Approved Member

The Mods discussion sub forum is a bit confusing .................

Since the last few updates to Cliffs of Dover its been reported some of the user made mods no longer work.

Perhaps the thread needs an overhaul from the members that use any mods to clarify what's working and what isn't.

The Steam anti-cheat system was off in the very early days of testing (iirc) I have no idea of this situation now though.
Old 01-12-2012, 10:16 PM
Approved Member

Just to clarify the situation.

The mod doesn't work properly in the current iteration of IL-2 COD. I have no plans to update the mod at this time because I've uninstalled COD from my computer.

Maybe if the next patch makes the game worth persevering with, I'll update this.

Re: People trying to use this online. I deliberately changed the classnames for the planes, so unless the mod is loaded onto the server and the mission has the planes in it, you won't be able to use them online. Not that you can anyway as it doesn't work any more!
Old 01-13-2012, 01:47 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathmonkey View Post
Hi there. I haven't played IL-2 in a long time but I picked up cliffs of dover via steam the other day. It runs fine on my hardware with the second to last beta forceware. The slowness of the spitfire and no way to stick anything better than .303 Enfield-shooting LMGs in the wings is irritating.

I read for about 90 minutes and signed up to download the mod. When I realized I had no idea what to do with it I found an instructions thread. It was written way before October 17 so will that method still work? I'd like to have simple means of playing online without getting my VAC messed with.
Just a heads up, deathmonkey: Mods for offline play or private servers can be great and fantastic. I have tried a few mods for OFFLINE play that were generously shared by several fellow 1C Forum members here and they were brilliant. However, Mods as you describe for online play that give you an unfair advantage over fellow players on PUBLIC SERVERS are bad, really bad. This is regarded as cheating in the online public server community. As made clear by the mod creators themselves, this is not the intention of these modifications and would constitute an abuse of their being made available.

As this is your first post in this forum, I would tend to think you aren't aware of this.......yet you also express knowledge of Steam's VAC function and policy, which implies you ARE aware of the cheating aspect to some degree.

I can only speak for the ATAG public servers, but we have a zero tolerance for any form of hack or cheating on our servers. I would think most public server admins feel the same.

Good flying,

ATAG_Snapper
Old 01-16-2012, 08:10 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG26_Alpha View Post
The Mods discussion sub forum is a bit confusing .................

Since the last few updates to Cliffs of Dover its been reported some of the user made mods no longer work.

Perhaps the thread needs an overhaul from the members that use any mods to clarify what's working and what isn't.

The Steam anti-cheat system was off in the very early days of testing (iirc) I have no idea of this situation now though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Das Attorney View Post
Just to clarify the situation.

The mod doesn't work properly in the current iteration of IL-2 COD. I have no plans to update the mod at this time because I've uninstalled COD from my computer.

Maybe if the next patch makes the game worth persevering with, I'll update this.

Re: People trying to use this online. I deliberately changed the classnames for the planes, so unless the mod is loaded onto the server and the mission has the planes in it, you won't be able to use them online. Not that you can anyway as it doesn't work any more!
Ok I'll close the thread as it serves no purpose.

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpos...76&postcount=1

Closed Thread