Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Mods, discussions, links, etc.

Old 06-27-2012, 05:59 PM
Approved Member

I agree, the pits in CloD are much better.

But what I love about that particular shot is the effect of the propeller, the reflection in the front windscreen, and the slight green effect. It looks awesome (at least to me). There was an early shot of CloD which showed a spitfire cockpit, and the gunsight glass had this similar green reflection-effect. It looked beautiful, clearly showing that the glass for the gunsight had different properties than the perspex in front of it.

Source for the sceptical: http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpos...11&postcount=9
Old 06-29-2012, 11:43 AM
Ali Fish

the prop was a mod of mine, the cockpit textures are all modded by me in that shot.

Quote:
Dcs normally has no good fm engine to simulate flying.
this comment really gets me ! are you referring to lockon because DCS has the most competant realistic FM ive ever tried. there is whats called a SFM, standard flightmodel, lock on flaming cliffs1/2 and all AI behaviour over the range within the new DCs world. ,and then the AFM advanced flight model that isnt quite open to the publics understanding, thats the ka50, the su25, the a10 and the p51D. the AFM itself is extensive i can assure you. within it we have a helicopter, a ww2 warbird, and an a-10c with full systems implementation. that tech is incredible in my eyes then...... to have a prop driven aircraft within DCS was the icing on the cake for my understanding about just how good DCS was over the whole range of whats possible in flightsimming. geez if they created a glider non powered flight sim addon it would probally be the best. btw DCS world, p51, su25,,ka50, a10 is still beta. for me presently it is the best flightsim ive ever touched. without dynamic campaigns and whatever else it apparently lacks. actually its all about the FM its that good.

also dcs gets developed properly. no pushing crap out the door here, no releasing shaders to then retract them. no epileptic warnings. want me to go on?. DCS works thats all, and whats more it has a future that isnt going down the wrong path, the feedback is constructivly taken, no over zealous administration behind your opinion, you want to know why ?- because it damn well works. DCS team has a p51 to work from, real pilots have evaluated the FM to be precise and i believe them. usaf invited a dcs user to there real training facilities. the user competantly flew the whole sortie without help by the side of the flabergasted trainers. and you want to tell me DCS isnt worth anything over il2 ? your mis informed due to lack of interest and knowledge. this is the base that all DCS users exist in, they dont need to go about shouting about there sim. because it does not get better anywhere else at its core.. it gets worse you see. Fact. and its nothing to shout about. so that why DCS are a quiet informed bunch of users. they survive on a solid core foundation, bells and whilstles are not essential....lol whistles are required for the gunports on the p51 actually.

Last edited by Ali Fish; 06-29-2012 at 02:00 PM.
Old 06-30-2012, 04:59 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali Fish View Post
the prop was a mod of mine, the cockpit textures are all modded by me in that shot.

this comment really gets me ! are you referring to lockon because DCS has the most competant realistic FM ive ever tried. there is whats called a SFM, standard flightmodel, lock on flaming cliffs1/2 and all AI behaviour over the range within the new DCs world. ,and then the AFM advanced flight model that isnt quite open to the publics understanding, thats the ka50, the su25, the a10 and the p51D. the AFM itself is extensive i can assure you. within it we have a helicopter, a ww2 warbird, and an a-10c with full systems implementation. that tech is incredible in my eyes then...... to have a prop driven aircraft within DCS was the icing on the cake for my understanding about just how good DCS was over the whole range of whats possible in flightsimming. geez if they created a glider non powered flight sim addon it would probally be the best. btw DCS world, p51, su25,,ka50, a10 is still beta. for me presently it is the best flightsim ive ever touched. without dynamic campaigns and whatever else it apparently lacks. actually its all about the FM its that good.

also dcs gets developed properly. no pushing crap out the door here, no releasing shaders to then retract them. no epileptic warnings. want me to go on?. DCS works thats all, and whats more it has a future that isnt going down the wrong path, the feedback is constructivly taken, no over zealous administration behind your opinion, you want to know why ?- because it damn well works. DCS team has a p51 to work from, real pilots have evaluated the FM to be precise and i believe them. usaf invited a dcs user to there real training facilities. the user competantly flew the whole sortie without help by the side of the flabergasted trainers. and you want to tell me DCS isnt worth anything over il2 ? your mis informed due to lack of interest and knowledge. this is the base that all DCS users exist in, they dont need to go about shouting about there sim. because it does not get better anywhere else at its core.. it gets worse you see. Fact. and its nothing to shout about. so that why DCS are a quiet informed bunch of users. they survive on a solid core foundation, bells and whilstles are not essential....lol whistles are required for the gunports on the p51 actually.

Have to +1 this. He is right. That being said, I would like to see IL2 CoD succeed because there is a market for it.
Old 06-30-2012, 07:21 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stublerone View Post
What about flight dynamics, wind and air under the wings? What about the performance data compared to the real world data?
If your only flying experience is with il2 sims I would have to venture a guess and say that you probably couldn't even takeoff/land in the DCS P51. It's actually "simulating" a p51 and it is consequently much more demanding...

Il2 clod of dover is a more fun game than DCS, which I agree is very static...But as a flight simulator DCS has no real equal imho
Old 06-30-2012, 10:29 PM
Ali Fish

must have missed that part you quoted. lol. heres the prop wash video for stublerone, should enough air under them wings to enlighten one.

Old 06-30-2012, 11:05 PM
Approved Member

Well, that beta footage? looks very realistic... for a UFO Is it still like that?