Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North

King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North Next game in the award-winning King’s Bounty series

Old 11-03-2012, 09:33 AM
Registered Member

Default too easy on impossible!

i'm playing on impossible difficult. Before the big spider the games is difficult. in the main continent it remains challenging. After i opened the portal to demonis i sailed to the freedom isles and then.... all creature are weak or equal in strenght....WHAT? The elven isle is also so easy!! MAny creatures run from me too! Only demonis as some deadly creature.
Heroes in freedom isle are weak too

So boring. Is that changed in the patch?
Old 11-03-2012, 09:36 AM
Approved Member

The thing is, if you can get past Ahriman, the Necromancer and the Spider with Trolls (IF they spawn!!!) on Impossible... The game turns into a no-loss... not challenge, it turns into a no-loss MAYHEM. Why? You made the game difficult in the first 5 levels to discourage the players to do a no-loss? Or do it based on luck???

I cannot believe it, it is unbelievable... No way!!!

The freaking Faster than Light has less luck-scaled game compared to KB WotN... And that game is luck based. Oh, yeah... You better believe it!!!
Old 11-03-2012, 09:37 AM
Approved Member

What's your leadership? I'm playing Impossible Skald (level 30) and I have 12,000 or so leadership. Most stacks in Freedom Isles and Merlasser are Strong/Very Strong/Deadly.

This doesn't mean the game is HARD though. But I don't see many Weaker stacks.
Old 11-03-2012, 09:39 AM
Registered Member

15000 leadership viking level 38. I cleared most greenwort
Old 11-03-2012, 09:40 AM
Approved Member

On KBAP, we were fighting stacks who were IMPOSSIBLE all the time. KB WotN gives us stacks of Deadly or less all the time. Why? Why was KBAP/CW putting you against unsurmountable odds, where even losing one black dragon was a viable option, just to put us back into a game with stacks worse than deadly???
Old 11-03-2012, 09:40 AM
Approved Member

I agree with OP. THe only way to have fun with this game, if you want challange , is to self-impose rules. Do not use overpowered units (basically, all lvl 4 and 5), do not use overpowered spells (again, there are like 10 of them).

I can only wonder how playing the game on "Normal" would feel like. Seems to me its not made for brain scientists, if Impossible is absurdly easy, Normal is probably a joke.
Old 11-03-2012, 09:43 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiberiu View Post
I agree with OP. THe only way to have fun with this game, if you want challange , is to self-impose rules. Do not use overpowered units (basically, all lvl 4 and 5), do not use overpowered spells (again, there are like 10 of them).

I can only wonder how playing the game on "Normal" would feel like. Seems to me its not made for brain scientists, if Impossible is absurdly easy, Normal is probably a joke.
I would urge you to check the KBAP/CW forums and check all the challenges suggested by IMPY. That guy knew how to give a challenge, and he used the exact rules you suggest. I had more fun with his challenges than ever before. It made the battles fun, intense, interesting... Where you would go as far as to care about your single awesome Lvl 3/lvl 2/lvl 1 stack who was all-important (DRYADS/Fairies anyone???) and make sure you dont lose much of it?

Yeah! That was a challenge. And we don't talk about no-loss too. it was about beating the game on impossible with the worst units possible. That created a story worthy of a song!!! How Drydas overwhelmed Black Dragons, even though the dragons are completely impervious to Dryads attacks by spawning tons of Thorbns and imbuing the Thorns with various spells (0% poison resistance for Black Dragons??? ANYONE???)

Last edited by DGDobrev; 11-03-2012 at 09:49 AM.
Old 11-03-2012, 09:43 AM
Registered Member

on freedom there is that quest to kill three pirate ships. The first was weak! And that baron that cut trees in the elven isle is weak to
Old 11-03-2012, 12:04 PM
Approved Member

Same issue here, I'm level 40 skald with around 25k leadership and pretty much enemies range is from very weak to equal in strenght and this is impossible... Dunno if my game bugged or what coz freedom island battles end up in 1-2 rounds, i decided to dont even pursue enemies that are runing away (very weak stacks). I had level 3 learning and tatctics treatise shortly after first island and focused on gifted warrior but still i shouldnt be that overleveled, i dont remember so many weak stacks in other KB games on impossible difficulty.
And i havent bought my own troops since i went to Marlassar then to Western Freedom Islands, now I'm on the Eastern part still without buying, so the game would be even easier, I'm short on about 15 royal griffins, so about - 5k leadership.

Last edited by zjazd18; 11-03-2012 at 12:10 PM.
Old 11-03-2012, 04:20 PM
Approved Member

I have a feeling you're not supposed to do Freedom Islands and Merlassar after Demonis. I'm playing on hard with a Soothsayer and Demonis is kicking my butt. Freedom Islands and Merlassar's mobs, at least, seem to be designed for the time you're in Greenwort. It never even occurred to me that those areas were for later.