Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 12-18-2015, 01:15 AM
Approved Member

Default how to optimize sea scenery textures ?

hello
I just installed il2 1946 and while the terrain textures and scenery looks pretty good the sea and rivers are a disaster.my pc is a Pentium quad 2.4 NVidia graphics card gt 440.can someone pls guide me to config the optimum water settings.i have not patched up the game yet and still in 7.0 mode.in COD the water scenery in default is excellent. cheers

Last edited by sgt fury; 12-18-2015 at 03:08 AM.
Old 12-18-2015, 09:49 AM
Approved Member

Hi!

Just a quick reply, maybe these 3 links might help.

http://www.mission4today.com/index.p...op=show&kid=27

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=29560

http://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php?topic=9756.0
Old 12-18-2015, 03:35 PM
Approved Member

Default cont

here is my problem in images ,a layer of violet color over the sea blue.land is fine.pls advise
Attached Images
File Type: jpg il2fb 2015-12-18 23-28-18-51.jpg (87.1 KB, 26 views)
File Type: bmp il2fb 2015-12-18 23-25-50-49.bmp (3.52 MB, 9 views)
Old 12-26-2015, 03:58 PM
Approved Member

You did not give any information on what settings you are trying. I know you have to have the scenery set to "perfect" to get realistic water. Beyond that there are a few tweaks you can do in the config. files to get better scenery and clouds etc.. The information is in the readme files for the patches somewhere and the manuals for the sim. So take some of your time and read those that have been supplied since IL246 came out and maybe you will learn something.

Personally I am interested in IL2 as a combat flight simulator, so if the scenery is not breathtaking I don't really care and never have unless it affects my ability to spot you and shoot you full of holes.
Old 12-29-2015, 02:59 PM
Approved Member

From the PF readme in your game folder:

Additional features of graphics settings

Water rendering

To select water rendering mode please modify the Water section in the file conf.ini in the [Render_OpenGL] section (Water = 1 by default).

Water = 0 – Water with flat geometry (fastest).
Water = 1 – Water with flat geometry (fast).

High quality water rendering modes with correct wave geometry
Water = 2 – This mode is visually similar to water = 3 but it runs on ATI cards 9800, X800, X1800 and later models.
Water = 3 – Fast render mode with Vertex Shaders 3.0 (NVIDIA 6600 and later models)
Water = 4 – Better quality mode with Vertex Shaders 3.0 (NVIDIA 6800 and later models)

Reminder:
ATI 9500 and higher supports modes: 0, 1, 2.
NVIDIA 6600 and later models support: 0, 1, 2, 3, 4.
NVIDIA cards before the 6xxx series support: 0, 1, 2 (2 is not recommended).

Clouds rendering

In order to see higher quality clouds you will need to manually edit the conf.ini file located in your main game folder before launching the game. Open the file with a text editor, find the [game] section and in the TypeClouds= line write in either 0 or 1, then save the file.

TypeClouds=0 - standard clouds
TypeClouds=1 - improved quality clouds

Note:
When playing online the player will see the cloud type set by the server, and not as individually set in their conf.ini. This is done to ensure all players see the same tactical situation in the air regardless of their settings.

Notes about technical limits.

1.Ship wakes and explosions intersect with wave tops, creating dark spots
2. Reflections are visible behind the objects.
3. Effects=2 ([Render_OpenGL] section of conf.ini) test mode for improved effects lighting. This mode required 3.0+ MHz CPU.
4. The perfect graphics setting is prohibited in DirectX mode. It is possible to set only in OpenGL mode.
5. Please make sure that your sound card is properly configured if you experience any problems with hardware acceleration, as in-game sound depends on EAX settings.
Old 12-29-2015, 08:31 PM
Approved Member

Nice post