Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend > Battle mode

Battle mode Strategy, hints, questions

Old 02-15-2013, 01:26 AM
Registered Member

Default "Seeing" frenzy

I know this is an old forum, and largely moribund; well, who of us isn't, these days?

In any case, I decided to play this game again for the first time in many years. Installed, patched it. Enjoying it greatly, but after getting a level of Frenzy, I'm not seeing any change to the values of my troops on the battlefield. Frenzy doesn't show up as any ability, and when I highlight a troop, the only values shown are the vanilla one against that improved by my hero's attack and defense bonuses.

Is Frenzy supposed to make a visible change to the troop when you view it? I honestly don't recall, one way or the other.

In advance, thanks.
Old 02-15-2013, 09:57 AM
Approved Member

Exclamation You should...

You should see the Frenzy animation when your stack kills an enemy stack, and then after that you should see that you now have the +Attack increase mentioned in the description.

It at least works in my current HOMM3 Babies mod game, but I didn't change this part of the game, so it should work with your stock patched game as well.

If you kill more enemy stacks the value will continue to increase, too.

/C\/C\
Old 02-15-2013, 04:32 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattCaspermeyer View Post
You should see the Frenzy animation when your stack kills an enemy stack, and then after that you should see that you now have the +Attack increase mentioned in the description.

It at least works in my current HOMM3 Babies mod game, but I didn't change this part of the game, so it should work with your stock patched game as well.

If you kill more enemy stacks the value will continue to increase, too.

/C\/C\
Thanks for the quick response. I'll look for that.
Old 02-15-2013, 06:41 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
I just noticed that the description in the game of Frenzy is that it's simply a bonus to all attacks--not only after killing an enemy stack. I may be reading you wrong on this, but you may seem to imply that it's necessary first to destroy a stack to get the bonus. Which is correct?

EDIT: You are. I just played through a couple of battlefields, and noticed a significant bonus after one stack of mine defeated two of the enemy's. Another of my stacks that hadn't done more than soften up the enemy showed no bonus at all.

Last edited by Kodaly; 02-15-2013 at 07:31 PM.