Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Off-Road Drive

Off-Road Drive Off-Road Drive delivers a true-to-life, off-road, extreme racing experience.

Old 10-10-2011, 06:28 AM
Approved Member

Hey guys,
If their claims are the game couldnt handle free roam, that is BS.
This game is on the Unreal3 engine. I have modded some games, granted, I have never done anything in the u3 engine, but I think it is possible.

What our main goals should be is just being able to generate a simple small map, and see if we can get it running.

I have been able to extract the .umap files found in \Program Files (x86)\1C Company\Off-Road Drive\PP3WorkGame\CookedPC\Maps

Any one out there with modding skills lets do this, between all of us I think we can get this going.
Old 10-10-2011, 06:42 AM
SuzukiSamurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil_hero View Post
Hey guys,
If their claims are the game couldnt handle free roam, that is BS.
This game is on the Unreal3 engine. I have modded some games, granted, I have never done anything in the u3 engine, but I think it is possible.

What our main goals should be is just being able to generate a simple small map, and see if we can get it running.

I have been able to extract the .umap files found in \Program Files (x86)\1C Company\Off-Road Drive\PP3WorkGame\CookedPC\Maps

Any one out there with modding skills lets do this, between all of us I think we can get this going.
Maybe you should try to mod a thailand map, they are pretty small and easy to mod I guess.
Old 10-10-2011, 06:53 AM
Approved Member

Im downloading the mods tools. Lets see what we can do...
Old 10-10-2011, 06:56 AM
SuzukiSamurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by chansuke View Post
Wooow, ok, cool some people that have experience in modding are willing to try some modding. But i'm gonna shit bricks if 1C is going to tell us in about a month that they are working on free roam or something like that.
Old 10-10-2011, 06:57 AM
Registered Member

Shouldnt you be able to mod this and just somehow disable the timer that respawns you after driving off the track? That way you can drive where ever the heck you want. Apologies if that sounds stupid, wouldnt have a clue when it comes to modding stuff. But if someone could sort this out, they would be my hero!
Old 10-10-2011, 07:05 AM
Approved Member

Yes I have started in on the Thailand maps. I have found a folder "Track_Point" in there is "S_Checkpoint". However checkpoints are really the main problem, it's the game not letting you drive in any other direction besides towards the next checkpoint. EX: if you turn around you get 3 seconds to get headed the right way or else it respawns you. I'll keep plugging away on this, as time permits. hopefully we can get something worked out soon. In the mean time I will just have to free roam on MotorMax (fun game).
Old 10-10-2011, 07:18 AM
XJAbuzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chansuke View Post

I have some experience with modding. Where do you get these tools?
Old 10-10-2011, 07:19 AM
XJAbuzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzukiSamurai View Post
But i'm gonna shit bricks if 1C is going to tell us in about a month that they are working on free roam or something like that.
We have a better chance of crapping solid gold in the morning.
Old 10-10-2011, 07:26 AM
SuzukiSamurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJAbuzer View Post
We have a better chance of crapping solid gold in the morning.
Or getting hit by a meteor.
Old 10-10-2011, 07:30 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJAbuzer View Post
I have some experience with modding. Where do you get these tools?
Download the UDK.