Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Off-Road Drive

Off-Road Drive Off-Road Drive delivers a true-to-life, off-road, extreme racing experience.

Old 09-10-2010, 06:16 PM
Approved Member

Cant Wait for this game to be released but i am a little confused about the release date..

Everywhere seems to say Q4 2010 but now on the 1C Website it says Q2 2011.

has the date been put back?
Old 09-11-2010, 05:43 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Off-roader View Post
I've read all yours posts and I saw a lot of concerns in them. And it is great to see people who really interested in Off-Road games, as we are!

I represent 1C-Avalon...

Now I am preparing smth like FAQ to what I read here, and as it ready I'll post it here. Also, I'll post here some new screens and video. So feel free to ask me anything about the game, together we can identify what features need to be explained more detailed, and maybe I ll make some special articles on them.
Sweet ;-}
Of course a Russian based company is going to cater to it's crowd first, just consider me the completely unofficial spokesmen for the US and Canada.

My 'Wish List' topic here has most everything we would really like to see.
Old 09-24-2010, 01:24 AM
Approved Member

Post Short list on some questions

Well here it is. If you want more information, plese ask!

Release date
Q2 2011.

Manual car settings
This kind of tool is in plan, but I can’t say any details.

Different brands of cars
There will be several tuned cars on the basis of Wrangler and some other famous cars, but we don’t have the right to use their brands. So there would be very familiar vehicles with different names.

Damage system
This system is under construction, so we hope to make extended damage system with diverse characteristics. Different damage will cause different effects on the vehicle, and ,of course, we work on the visualization of such damages - the scratches, dents etc.

Sound
The sound that you heard in the video is not in the final quality. It will be set up in a high quality soon. And also we plan to make the unique sound of an engine in each vehicle.

Free-roam
You will have to run your vehicle within the certain limited tracks, but there will be areas when you are free to choose the better turn, or the alternative route. And in some cases it will help you to finish with better result. But in other you will be punished, depending on the rules of the championship.

Return button
It works automatically only if there is no possibility to get out when you stuck. And you can use it any time when you think that it is better to return.

Multiplayer
There will be multiplayer mode (LAN and Internet hosting as well).

Duel “1x1” mode
There will be special Twin-track mode, when 2 players run the same time. Also there will be possibility of duel in Sprints and Trials.

System requirements
They are standard, as requirements for games with Unreal Engine 3.
And it is preferable to use Nvidia card.

Championship locations
During the game you will participate in the off-road championships in the Thailand, Malasia, Russia, Africa, and North America

Tracks with snow, and different kinds of quests in the game, and Game Editor
These issues are not in the plan, but we may return to them when we done others. And if have got the idea what is the better way these features should be realized, please write me.

Plese join us on Facebook _ http://www.facebook.com/offroadgame

Last edited by Off-roader; 09-24-2010 at 01:46 AM.
Old 09-27-2010, 05:14 PM
Approved Member

Thanks for the info Cant wait. Just one thing... is the free mode online?
Old 10-03-2010, 08:47 AM
Registered Member

I hope, that off-road drive won't go by eoad of development of Rig'n'Roll, when date of publish was still moving far away, and yet many of pc-gaming magazines in Poland thinks, that something goes wrong on road of evolution og R'N'R.
I won't ask you if Q2 of 2011 is finally date, cause everybody know realities of games and no one will provide date of publishing correct
Old 10-04-2010, 10:00 AM
dozer

well thats a real pitty that free roam exploring is not available????? this has to be the most bizzar choice i have ever seen!

A 4wding/offroad game that is limmited to tracks even in a non race environment? you guys need to employ some thinkers

Even UAZ has a explore mode where you can just go and drive without penalties so why would you go backwards

The funny thing is that so far 4wding in grand theaft auto still sounds better and its not even a 4wding game
Old 10-10-2010, 08:00 AM
Registered Member

Yes, I too think that free roam would be an important criteria for a 4x4 game.
Old 10-11-2010, 08:06 PM
Approved Member

ye agree about the free mode. isnt one of the main ideas of offroad that i love, is being able to go where ever you want? tarmac or not?
Old 10-13-2010, 02:43 AM
Registered Member

what does Q2 2011 mean
Old 10-15-2010, 01:08 AM
Approved Member

q2 - Apr-Jun 2011