Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Off-Road Drive

Off-Road Drive Off-Road Drive delivers a true-to-life, off-road, extreme racing experience.

Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2011, 09:50 PM
Approved Member

Thumbs down Sad really...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneaksie View Post
No, the free roam was never planned and the game was never advertised as offering a free-roam playing mode.

One of the developers made the statement about offering editing tools long ago, but things have changed since then. We considered releasing the editor, but because of several reasons this is not possible. Again, the game was never advertised as having the editor tools, there is no mention of editor in press-release, game page information, features list or on the box. Sorry.
Sneaksie,
That is very unfortunate. I just want you to realize that this one decision ,although meaningless to you and the people at 1C, will have repercussions on your future games sales. I hade never even really HEARD of 1C until this game, and now after all of this has come to a close, it has really left me with a bad taste in my mouth about 1C as a developer and publisher. In the future I know I, and probably many others, will definitely think twice about purchasing, or even recommending, another 1C game.

On a side note, why the sudden change? Why say "yes yes yes yes" then "no because of several reasons" it is impossible. What makes this impossible? We all know, you, me, and everyone in this forum, that it is not an issue of the game engine not being able to handle it. Why not release these tools to the community WITHOUT support. With the stipulation, "You install these tools, and do not com crying to us for support." My only question is "Why".

In the end I am more than frustrated (for lack of a better word) that a game with so much potential is limited by bad decisions. If this game had been better planned out and implemented, it could have EASILY taken the "Ultimate Off-Roading Sim" spot on a lot of people's charts. Yet how it sits now, it is just another mediocre racer, and we all know that there are so many of those out there, that this game will just get buried like the rest of them.

Thanks for listening, and I hope to hear better things in the future.
Old 10-12-2011, 10:40 PM
Approved Member

Default yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omal View Post
Your welcome. That is the same thread I got that post from. All you would need to do to get to the thread is to click in the link on the top right corner of the link in my post. It shows what thread the post came from (in this case "modding tools"). I am sure you are probably aware of this but I am just making this post to enlighten anyone whjo may not be aware of that feature.
yes i am sure many are aware of looking to see the thread i just wanted to make it quick and easy to see the entire thread and what lead up to the point of them saying we would get the editor tool,since they don't seem to spend much time on the forums i thought i be nice and make a link to go RIGHT to the thread and read it all .
Old 10-13-2011, 04:40 AM
Omal

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil_hero View Post
Sneaksie,
That is very unfortunate. I just want you to realize that this one decision ,although meaningless to you and the people at 1C, will have repercussions on your future games sales. I hade never even really HEARD of 1C until this game, and now after all of this has come to a close, it has really left me with a bad taste in my mouth about 1C as a developer and publisher. In the future I know I, and probably many others, will definitely think twice about purchasing, or even recommending, another 1C game.

On a side note, why the sudden change? Why say "yes yes yes yes" then "no because of several reasons" it is impossible. What makes this impossible? We all know, you, me, and everyone in this forum, that it is not an issue of the game engine not being able to handle it. Why not release these tools to the community WITHOUT support. With the stipulation, "You install these tools, and do not com crying to us for support." My only question is "Why".

In the end I am more than frustrated (for lack of a better word) that a game with so much potential is limited by bad decisions. If this game had been better planned out and implemented, it could have EASILY taken the "Ultimate Off-Roading Sim" spot on a lot of people's charts. Yet how it sits now, it is just another mediocre racer, and we all know that there are so many of those out there, that this game will just get buried like the rest of them.

Thanks for listening, and I hope to hear better things in the future.

I completely agree with everything that was said in that post.

Cant we at least have the mod tools? We do not expect you to help us with them. We can figure it out on our own. If not, please tell us why.
Old 10-13-2011, 11:36 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omal View Post
I completely agree with everything that was said in that post.

Cant we at least have the mod tools? We do not expect you to help us with them. We can figure it out on our own. If not, please tell us why.
Please read the the post from Sneaksie above.
The thread is closed.
Closed Thread