Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads > Controls threads

Controls threads Everything about controls in CoD

Old 05-17-2011, 03:44 AM
Approved Member

That's a shame I was hoping you posted the wrong link.
I can't find any more info on this except for the manuals you mentioned that you have to pay for.
Old 05-18-2011, 05:37 PM
Approved Member

"The propellor pitch control on all Daimler-Benz-equipped Messerschmitts is now a spring-loaded electrical switch"
that will be interesting to see how it will work now after the patch....if the rotating axis is still useable !
Old 05-19-2011, 07:31 AM
Approved Member

lol the latest patch has completely wrecked the prop pitch for me.

The directions are now reversed on the lever and the spring holds the lever in the full up position instead of the centre.

The bf109 is unflyable in CEM now.
Old 05-19-2011, 07:57 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xnomad View Post

The directions are now reversed on the lever and the spring holds the lever in the full up position instead of the centre.

yep i got the same problem
Old 05-19-2011, 08:06 AM
Approved Member

Quote:

I have mine on a lever/slider and as long as I bring it back to center the pitch stops where I want it, actually it is more accurate than before as it used to travel on a bit after adjustment, but I think it is working upside down as in what you see in the cockpit doesnt match diagrams regarding this lever.
Old 05-19-2011, 08:47 AM
Approved Member

for me pitch is completely broken too.
I lower the pitch a bit and it constantly lowers to lowest level if i DONT hold the "raise pitch" button....how can i set the neutral pitch setting?
Old 05-19-2011, 08:53 AM
Approved Member

Just thought I'd mention that the devs are aware of this and working on it first thing to release a hotfix. In the meantime try to assign it to an axis (if you have one spare)

Yaaaay!
I mapped mine to the micro stick on my CH throttle (it's like a mini joystick for your thumb) as it has a centre spring it works perfectly now. Yes not the good news for most of you but a great interim solution for me.

Ok the lever directions in the cockpit are still reversed but just ignore the animation. The clock is actually useful now and you have so much fine control. You want 10:10? You got it. You want 9:30 or even 9:32 no problem, hold it down until it reaches the desired setting then let go!

That's exactly how I imagined it should work. This makes it so much better as you can memorise settings on the clock and you've got great precision control. I like 10:10 for level flight and 9:30 with the throttle back for dives.

Last edited by xnomad; 05-19-2011 at 08:56 AM.
Old 05-19-2011, 09:00 AM
Approved Member

lol....this mean i cant set it with the keyboard...i have to set it on the only analog stick control i have on my stick.......niiiiiiiiiiice one -.-
thats so annoying. touch the propitch and it lowers if i dont constantly push the raise up button.....
i think of setting up my old gamepad so i have additional analog control sticks.....man this sucks
Old 05-19-2011, 09:17 AM
Approved Member

Hi guys. Im just copy my post from another topic. Nothing new

Hello dev Team. I saw gladly, that the propeller switch you tried to correct it. Is the file not put very far? Somebody would exchange the increase and decrease directions? The translation did not succeed unfortunately:

http://www.cockpitinstrumente.de/ins.../Fl18502-2.gif

Größer - "greater" RPM!!* Reduce the angle of attack of the propeller (to the rotatory plane**), the wind resistance of a propeller decreases, the rev of an engine accelerates. The Prop pitch gauge move to 12:00.
Drehzahl - "rev/min"
Kleiner - "lesser" RPM: increase the AoA of propeller.
Segelstllg (Segelstellung) - "Glide-standing" increase to maximum AoA of Propeller**, because this causes the smallest wind resistance, if the engine stopped. This now totally wrong on the switch, thats why have to fix this.

* http://www.cockpitinstrumente.de/Flu...ung/Bilder.htm
**What they measure the position angle of the propeller against in the Russian technical literature? Strange, that it was counted turned over in the il-2 already. I wrote the position angle of the propeller compared to the rotatory plane.

i7 7700K 4.8GHz, 32GB Ram 3GHz, MSI GTX 1070 8GB, 27' 1920x1080, W10/64, TrackIR 4Pro, G940
Cliffs of Dover Bugtracker site: share and vote issues here
Old 05-19-2011, 10:02 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Just thought I'd mention that the devs are aware of this and working on it first thing to release a hotfix. In the meantime try to assign it to an axis (if you have one spare)

Yaaaay!
I mapped mine to the micro stick on my CH throttle (it's like a mini joystick for your thumb) as it has a centre spring it works perfectly now. Yes not the good news for most of you but a great interim solution for me.

Ok the lever directions in the cockpit are still reversed but just ignore the animation. The clock is actually useful now and you have so much fine control. You want 10:10? You got it. You want 9:30 or even 9:32 no problem, hold it down until it reaches the desired setting then let go!

That's exactly how I imagined it should work. This makes it so much better as you can memorise settings on the clock and you've got great precision control. I like 10:10 for level flight and 9:30 with the throttle back for dives.
Yes even on a lever where I have to set it back to centre it is alot more accurate, i am assuming it is not so good when using a button I like the way you are forced to use the dial as there is no % shown, the settings you are using xnomad are pretty much what I am finding to be pretty effective, bit of work to set up for a dive and the pull out now, no more roll over for a BnZ like the good 'ol Il2 days.