Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads > Controls threads

Controls threads Everything about controls in CoD

Old 08-08-2011, 12:14 AM
Approved Member

Default Radio Comms not all broken

Was working a bit with Voice Activated Commands software. Works great with the simple commands (gear up/down, flaps up/down, etc). It's true worth is when you need to keep your eyes on the action rather than hunting & pecking on a keyboard. HOTAS real estate is dear - there are only so many buttons on stick 'n throttle to assign.

As we know, radio commands were largely borked with the intro of CoD and the last patch shaved 'em down to the ones that work. Not many! Nonetheless, it's difficult to peck on the keyboard and try to keep quarry in sight (or a runway lined up, etc). I found this software (http://www.dwvac.com/) works great with CoD, easy to program, and is very accurate on the voice recognition aspect.

Have a look at some basic formation commands I issue to my flight of Spits. Although (strangely) CoD does not have a "Break Formation" command, you'll see that CoD's "Space Far" radio command works very well. The only problem is that it takes a string of 5 key presses to issue this command......any 109's will have done their damage on a well-executed bounce before you could realistically take your eye off the screen to look down and bang out the key presses. There's a small pause here between issuing the "break" command and it actually going out, but better than nuthin'! Take a look:

http://vimeo.com/27409250

Last edited by ATAG_Snapper; 08-08-2011 at 12:18 AM. Reason: Stupid iPad can't spell corretely
Old 08-08-2011, 12:56 AM
Approved Member

Wow.....I gotta have this....Thanx Mucho....
Nicely done vid...it seems to work very well,
I didn't hear you cuss one time....

Hey folks...it's only $18.00 U.S.
Well done Snapper...

Last edited by Pudfark; 08-08-2011 at 01:02 AM.
Old 08-08-2011, 01:26 AM
Approved Member

That looks really good.

It's been a long time since I've tried any voice recognition software. How long does it take to train to get the results in your video? Did you have any issues with the install?

Have you been using it in campaign mode? How did it go?

Have you been using it in conjunction with other programs like TeamSpeak?

Thanks for posting this, $18.00 is fairly cheep, definitely worth downloading the evaluation.

Cheers!
Old 08-08-2011, 04:51 AM
Approved Member

Very cool!!
I think I'd like this...

Does teamspeak interfere with the vrc program?
Old 08-08-2011, 06:47 AM
Approved Member

Can you upload your vac profile for Cod? would like to try it out
Old 08-08-2011, 07:08 AM
Approved Member

Very nice Snapper that looks really good.

Alienware Aurora|Win 7 64-bit Home Premium|IC i7-920 Processor (Quad-Core)|14GB DDR3 RAM|1 TB SATA 7200rpm Hard Drive|GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 770 2GB WINDFORCE 3 X fan|Thrustmaster Warthog|Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals,throttle quadrant and Cessna trim wheel|TrackIR4|Sense of humour,I find it comes in handy!
Old 08-08-2011, 09:47 AM
Approved Member

Now THAT looks fantastic! Can you programme the software to have a male voice? Sounds a bit weird to have a female voice repeating your commands!
Old 08-08-2011, 10:55 AM
Approved Member

Nice Vid Snapper, thanks for posting it.

I used dwvac for several years in the old IL2 games. Always worked really well, and the downloadable profile for the older IL2 games was good (I used that as a base and eventually made minor profile modifications to my own preferences). I haven't yet built a profile for CoD (waiting for the voice comms to be fixed/fully implemented in game first), but will do so eventually.

...But to add my 2c, if you don't mind the fee, its a great piece of software. The guy that runs/sells it was very helpful when I had any queries as well.
Old 08-08-2011, 11:43 AM
Approved Member

hey that's cool stuff.

is there any free software which is capable of doing this?would be cool if this feature were included directly in cod!
Old 08-08-2011, 11:47 AM
Approved Member

Thanks, Pudfark.

I still have 28 days left of the free evaluation period, but I'm definitely laying out the $18 for this.