Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > CoD Multiplayer

CoD Multiplayer Everything about multiplayer in IL-2 CoD

Old 04-12-2011, 09:01 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYN_Bliss View Post
On another note: The dedi software seems pretty good as far as stability. I read some of the people hosting and playing from the same machine were reporting crashes. But so far, the dedicated software hasn't skipped a beat.
Where is it possible to get the dedi software? I now some people who would want to put more servers up but the regular version with "-server" parameter is not stable enough.
Old 04-12-2011, 09:13 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ataros View Post
Where is it possible to get the dedi software? I now some people who would want to put more servers up but the regular version with "-server" parameter is not stable enough.
The dedi software is included in the game install. If you use the "-server" option in the steam launch properties, the only thing that runs when you start IL2CoD is a dos window (aka the dedicated server software).

I think the instability is happening when you create your own server through the game GUI which is no different than starting the game with all the graphics, etc.

But so far, the dedi software hasn't crashed or had a hickup yet. (Going on 24hours now) And the same map has gone from day to night and back to day again. Another thing, our server is running Windows Server 2008. Perhaps the server OS helps with the stability?

ATAG Forums + Stats
Old 04-12-2011, 10:08 AM
Approved Member

Any luck with the time settings Bliss? Has been night both times I've connected, and though I've managed to find England (I think) I cant find anything to shoot at.
Old 04-12-2011, 10:52 AM
Approved Member

Hi Sauf

I think they are working on it. I can't remotely connect with my terrible bandwidth. But this thread is for the current mission designed by doghous3: http://syndicatesquadron.com/forum/s...=1638#post1638

ATAG Forums + Stats
Old 04-12-2011, 10:54 AM
Approved Member

S` and thx for the server
Old 04-12-2011, 11:53 AM
Approved Member

I think it could be useful to copy here:

Quote:
To join direct connect servers quickly go to Steam -> Servers -> Favorite and add all direct connect servers by their IP. They do not show up for me in Steam however, but show up ingame. You do not have to quit the game to do so.

Go back to game and in browser select Favorites. They show up almost instantly and you can check settings, players etc. from the browser.
Old 04-12-2011, 01:53 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauf View Post
Any luck with the time settings Bliss? Has been night both times I've connected, and though I've managed to find England (I think) I cant find anything to shoot at.
tried the timeconstant 1 command, but only time will tell if it works
Old 04-12-2011, 02:08 PM
Approved Member

well i connected two times to another server sucessfully.but that took me several tries as well.and after some minutes of playing the host left the game.but those were not full real servers which is im looking for.
Old 04-12-2011, 02:12 PM
Approved Member

Made to the server.... nice job. However, somehow my Joystick bugs as soon as i take off online... it just stops working all together. What is even funnier is that it works fine offline.....
Old 04-12-2011, 02:12 PM
Approved Member

Updated the mission file. See attached.

Various bomber objectives, over sea and land. Objectives are giving in the spawn point description.

I'm still working on a few things which I'll hopefully get sorted:

Interception missions: AI bomber squad spawns and flies between waypoints, hopefully can make such repeatable every 1hr, for example.

Rearm/fuel at airfield's.

Respawn destructable objects.

Add extra objectives.

(no guarantee on stuff though, will see.)

NB.. did not add timeconstant to .mis file.. soz.

Open to suggestions too of course.
Attached Files
File Type: zip 128MP_BOBv1_1.zip (6.5 KB, 35 views)

Last edited by doghous3; 04-12-2011 at 02:16 PM.