Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik > Daidalos Team discussions

Old 10-30-2011, 01:33 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicroWave View Post
I hope you didn't. From programming point of view, changing/adding loadouts is not too hard and it would be nice to have historical consistency in that department.
But, that's just one piece of the puzzle. Something is on the receiving end of those loadouts and damage models (for all: ground, sea and air targets) are mostly abstract. Changing one without the other will not bring more realistic behavior to the game.
Bear this in mind while thinking/discussing loadouts.
This is true. Enhancing the way they hit is something to think about too... although complicated.

Do we know why some cannons (MG-FF and VYa 23mm) flip aircraft around in a very bizarre way while others like the ShVAK, Hispano, MG151/20 and even the mighty MK108 don't?

There is something to be said about just having the right cannons as it will impact gameplay and realism in a variety of ways. The J2M3 for example right now is fairly easy to aim as the cannons are all the same. But the J2M3 really should (you can see this on the 3D model) have two Type 99 1 and two Type 99 2 cannons with different ballistics and thus impacting the aim somewhat. The J2M5 should have all Type 99 2 (there is currently an error in the 3D model)... makes it more interesting the differences between the two models.
Old 10-30-2011, 03:56 PM
Approved Member

http://www.sas1946.com/main/index.ph...cseen.html#new
Old 10-31-2011, 01:42 AM
Approved Member

Default What to do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceFire View Post
I killed another thread... didn't I?
If so, I have to plead guilty as well for the big .50 ammo hijack...
My main interest has always been on guns and ammunition rather than expendables.

If the TD guys are interested I've got plenty of books, manuals, pamphlets and notes scraped together about aircraft guns & ammo after around 20 years of obsessive collecting that I'd be happy to start digging through again.
(Yes, I was horrified when I calculated how long I've been spending on this stuff!
Indeed, when Tony Williams released his little volumes "Flying Guns 1, 2 & 3" which condense a lot of this material into a handy form I didn't know if I was happy to have the convenient references or annoyed that all the daggy manuals and stuff I'd been scrounging in the interim were now obsolete... But I digress.)

As far as the Il2 gunnery data goes, I agree that the IJN & IJA are very poorly served with essentially no correct Japanese weapons in use, simply 'closest fit' placeholders - the MG-FF/M for all the Type 99s as you note and so on. Unsurprisingly, the best researched weapons are Russian & German, and even there, "there be dragons" (missing 2cm Mine shells etc...) There is a lot of work that could be done in this field.

So, where do we go from here? Would the TD team like some threads on weapon & ammo data to be started so they can have a sift through that info, or what?

My only caveat is that my work tends to be pretty full-time and involves a fair bit of travel, (much of it 'after hours') so I don't get anything like the amount of free time to spend on this sort of stuff that I'd like. Still, if I can help I'll gladly dig through my stuff and post info here when I can.
Old 10-31-2011, 02:46 AM
Approved Member

Just my personal suggestion. Rather than a dump of information that will probably be overwhelming, perhaps approach one issue at a time and work through it with someone from Team Daidalos who can implement or direct the implementation of.

If you already have the information available for reference then it makes life so much easier.
Old 11-01-2011, 02:17 PM
Ask me if I care

Since CWMV already pointed to the SAS thread containing our modified Jug ordnance, I take the liberty to invite anyone in charge from TD to pick up the sources (even though it would be as easy to simple reverse them from the mod, but this way it'd be a little more polite ).

It might not be 150% spot on since there's just been too many varieties on the Jugs IRL, but at least it's much closer to reality than it was before IMHO.

Best regards - Mike
Old 11-01-2011, 03:14 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storebror View Post
Since CWMV already pointed to the SAS thread containing our modified Jug ordnance, I take the liberty to invite anyone in charge from TD to pick up the sources (even though it would be as easy to simple reverse them from the mod, but this way it'd be a little more polite ).

It might not be 150% spot on since there's just been too many varieties on the Jugs IRL, but at least it's much closer to reality than it was before IMHO.

Best regards - Mike
The olive branch has been extended.

Aviar
NVIDIA GTX 760 - 2GB
Creative SB ZX SBX
Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
27" AOC LED - 2752
Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard
CH FighterStick-Pro Throttle-Pro Pedals
Logitech G13 Gameboard
GoFlight GF-T8 Module
WIN 8.1