Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 01-05-2010, 05:55 PM
Approved Member

Default Hosts who quit

this is really getting on my nerves... not so much players who quit in the middle of a game... but someone who hosts and is doing well and all of a sudden quits... screwing everyone playing that game. do the kills you make during such a game count??

really got to me last night in a 30 minute CTA game with 5 per team... 3 quit and left me and another NOOB as food for the lions
Old 01-05-2010, 06:07 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by siteseeker View Post
not so much players who quit in the middle of a game... but someone who hosts and is doing well and all of a sudden quits...
If the host is doing well and then quits, it's more than likely that they lost connection, or the game locked up on them.

It's happened to me a few times, and it's pretty embarassing - it's even worse if you're actually getting owned because then it just looks like a childish tantrum.

I have a feeling (PS3) that kills do count, because I'm pretty sure I've seen the unlock screen after a disconnection.
Old 02-03-2010, 01:53 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfiniteStates View Post
If the host is doing well and then quits, it's more than likely that they lost connection, or the game locked up on them.

It's happened to me a few times, and it's pretty embarassing - it's even worse if you're actually getting owned because then it just looks like a childish tantrum.

I have a feeling (PS3) that kills do count, because I'm pretty sure I've seen the unlock screen after a disconnection.
It depends on what you mean by count. Your score and the game are not saved so you lose all that. But kills for unlocks, landings for achievements and such are a simple count mechanism. If you kill 10 planes and the host quits, the kills count toward an unlock.
Old 02-03-2010, 06:48 AM
Approved Member

In a similar vain there's an increasing number starting 2 player games for 3 minutes just to try and unlock planes/ weapons. Always amuses me in strike when I enter and they immediately start the countdown clock. I just wait until there's 5 seconds remaining and select the B17. Chances are they quit immediately or as soon as the first bomb drop goes down. I had one guy start a 1941 20 minute game in Stalingrad only to then quit less than a minute from the end with only a handful of points remaining!
I appeciate that games go down and there's nothing any of us can do but I always make a point, if I'm hosting, of sending an apology to those affected even if it's out of my control. the same goes if I accidently kamikazee someone as I don't consider that to be 'cricket'.
Maybe we need a name and shame thread for the worst 'host quits' offenders????

Last edited by Gilly; 02-03-2010 at 08:12 AM. Reason: Spelling!
Old 02-03-2010, 07:51 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
In a similar vain there's an increasing number starting 2 player games for 3 minutes just to try and unlock planes/ weapons. Always amuses me in strike when I enter and they immediately start the countdown clock. I just wait until there's 5 seconds remaining and select the B17. Chances are they quit immediately or as soon as the first bomb drop goes down. I had one guy start a 1941 20 minute game in Stalingrad only to then quit less than a minute from the end with only a handful of points remaining!
I appeciate that games go down and there's nothing any of us can do but I always make a point, if I'm hosting, of sending an apology to those affected even if it's out of my control. the same goes if I accidently kamikazee someone as I don't consider that to be 'cricket'.
Maybe we need a name and shame thread for the worst offenders????
I always feel bad when I've rammed a bomber. It's not intentional, I just get a bit over zealous sometimes leaving it too late to veer away. One might argue that ramming and rocketing is cricket if there are a couple or more B17s on the opposing team.
Old 02-03-2010, 08:21 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1rebrand View Post
I always feel bad when I've rammed a bomber. It's not intentional, I just get a bit over zealous sometimes leaving it too late to veer away. One might argue that ramming and rocketing is cricket if there are a couple or more B17s on the opposing team.
Rockets I have no issue with as if the planes got them then feel free to use them. As they aren't particularly accurate (unless at point blank) then it's in the lap of the gods as to whether they make contact. It's more the persistant 'ram the bombers' that get me. I'm no ace when it comes to hitting targets but I'd rather back off and try again if I'm going to collide rather than just smashing into them. And yes it does happen as you say accidentally which I do accept but persistant offenders really annoy me. Sadly as with life your always going to get the dummy spitters who get off on it but then they'll never progress in the game.
Old 01-05-2010, 06:07 PM
Approved Member

Default Hosts who quit

Very annoying I agree! The only consolation being that the host gains nothing (points wise!) from being such an arsehole!!
Old 01-05-2010, 06:28 PM
Approved Member

Agreed, this is infuriating. This often happens to me in one to one DOGFIGHT. If I've scored a few kills I let them into the game so they don't pull the plug - out of sheer frustration. Best policy is to host your own games I guess. If someone else is hosting avoid dogfights with UNLIMITED time.
Old 01-05-2010, 06:35 PM
Approved Member

i quickly look at their profile to see what i'm up against... not all big guns are good sports.
Old 01-06-2010, 03:14 AM
lost cause

When the host leaves the game is NOT saved. Watch the upper right corner after every match and, at the summary screen, SAVE is flashing up there. Not so when the host quits. You go to the summary screen, but there is no save. You can't keep kills or points if the game is not saved, right?