Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 09-23-2009, 09:19 AM
Approved Member

Default Oh for the love of...

I love this game. It is amazing. I try my hardest to sell Sturmovik at work. The game is amazing, the online...well, once you get a game going, is amazing. But here is my problem:

I am American.

And unfortunately, most of my flying buddies are either Kiwi or across the pond, so I keep odd hours to play with them. Unfortunately, I run into the some of the lowest scum in the barrel before I get to play with the real aces. For an hour now, I have had several people join my game, then quit as soon as the game starts. Or better yet, wait until the last thirty seconds of a match, and then everyone quits. What sort of sick prank is this? I'm working on making my neutered little IL-10 a rocket bombing monstrosity, but how can I when I'm not even allowed to finish a match because of these pantywaist pranksters? And just to let you know, I am playing on PS3, so I can't block or report any of these jokers. I know the quitters are an epidemic right now, but any word on this new breed of trolls? Have you guys ran in to this sort of problem yet?

I love the game...it's just the people you run into online sometimes.
Old 09-23-2009, 09:32 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroptimus View Post
I love this game. It is amazing. I try my hardest to sell Sturmovik at work. The game is amazing, the online...well, once you get a game going, is amazing. But here is my problem:

I am American.

And unfortunately, most of my flying buddies are either Kiwi or across the pond, so I keep odd hours to play with them. Unfortunately, I run into the some of the lowest scum in the barrel before I get to play with the real aces. For an hour now, I have had several people join my game, then quit as soon as the game starts. Or better yet, wait until the last thirty seconds of a match, and then everyone quits. What sort of sick prank is this? I'm working on making my neutered little IL-10 a rocket bombing monstrosity, but how can I when I'm not even allowed to finish a match because of these pantywaist pranksters? And just to let you know, I am playing on PS3, so I can't block or report any of these jokers. I know the quitters are an epidemic right now, but any word on this new breed of trolls? Have you guys ran in to this sort of problem yet?

I've had my fair share of what seemed to be quitters, but to be fair, I've also been disconnected from games at random times, so i'm sure there are a few people that thought i'd quit out. I've also failed to connect to a lot of games when the match starts, so again that probably looks like i've quit out.

However, that doesn't explain the majority of players leaving at the same time near the end of the match... that would really piss me off to be honest, so I can understand your annoyance... what's the deal with the scoring system in the game then? Doesn't it count if the other team quits before the end?
Old 09-23-2009, 09:41 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhah View Post
I've had my fair share of what seemed to be quitters, but to be fair, I've also been disconnected from games at random times, so i'm sure there are a few people that thought i'd quit out. I've also failed to connect to a lot of games when the match starts, so again that probably looks like i've quit out.

However, that doesn't explain the majority of players leaving at the same time near the end of the match... that would really piss me off to be honest, so I can understand your annoyance... what's the deal with the scoring system in the game then? Doesn't it count if the other team quits before the end?
I'm not sure if it counts as me winning. Clarification from a higher up would be nice. But if it doesn't say "Mission completed", I hate to count it as a win.
Old 09-23-2009, 09:59 AM
Approved Member

It most likely doesn't count as a win.

And people, please, stop ranting about quitters and how few games there are. We know! Been there, done that. No use littering the forum with random complaints that have nothing to do with asking for help or whatnot.
Old 09-23-2009, 01:02 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
I'm not sure if it counts as me winning. Clarification from a higher up would be nice. But if it doesn't say "Mission completed", I hate to count it as a win.
I know I've flown with/against you a few times (without quitting). If I see you hosting matches in the future, I'll be sure to join and hang around for the fun!

Old 09-23-2009, 03:45 PM
Approved Member

Quote:

I am American.

Thankfully, as a Dutchman myself, i have no problem with people who do that.
but i'm on the 360 and there it is just a matter comon sence and invite or allow people who have a funny or even insane Gamertag. Normally, i look into their gamertag and see what they tell about them self and if they arent what you're looking for? then deny them?

I want Honest and Motivated Friend who arent afraid to play against people who might cheat. what do you get if you stop a game seconds for it starts?
Frustraightion, that is what you get?. it spoils everones Fun and gets you an Un-wellcome to those who want to join the game after that. Normally, the People who which i play with are thankfull all Matures, and Yes we're having our share of 13 year olds who Curse and swear and talk Trash over the Headset! C'mon, that pointless. thank God we can turn it off and if we're lucky, Bump him off the Server..
Old 09-23-2009, 06:37 PM
Approved Member

Quote:

I am American.

I know what you mean about these timewasters, have played in a few games with you over the last week or so and they have always been enjoyable games, have sent you a friend request so add if you want to.
Old 09-24-2009, 02:53 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stez_ibanez View Post
I know what you mean about these timewasters, have played in a few games with you over the last week or so and they have always been enjoyable games, have sent you a friend request so add if you want to.
Sent you a request. I love flying with you guys, and I remember trading lead with quite a few of you. Glad there's a community of honest people out there to fly with. I'll be any of your wing man any day.
Old 09-24-2009, 05:11 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
I'll be any of your wing man any day.
Bullsh!t. I'll be yours.

Bew, bew, bew, bewbewbewbew...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg topgun2.jpg (68.3 KB, 3 views)
Old 09-24-2009, 08:53 AM
Approved Member

Send me a request dude. I often try (and usually fail) to host realistic and sim games, so i'll send you an invite if i see you online.
I figure that if we can all get as many decent IL-2 players into our friends lists, it should be easy to fill a room out with decent, honest players. And that will help keep the online going as well.