Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads > Controls threads

Controls threads Everything about controls in CoD

Old 03-31-2011, 07:39 PM
Approved Member

Default How2 remove the HUD clutter? Red Text and box?

Hello... how can i reduce the HUD clutter?

I dislike the massive red text that quickly fills the screen. And also the weird box on the left.

How can i either remove or reduce these? I can't see any settings that control these.

Thanks.

Old 03-31-2011, 07:41 PM
Approved Member

S!

Press F10 to activate mouse control overlay. Then press alt + left mouse to activate the window, then right click and select close. I have none of those windows open anymore. Mucho better.
Old 03-31-2011, 07:49 PM
Approved Member

Thank you very much.

Being new to IL i missed these key commands. It would be useful if these was a list of commands in the manual.
Old 04-01-2011, 11:21 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flanker35M View Post
S!

Press F10 to activate mouse control overlay. Then press alt + left mouse to activate the window, then right click and select close. I have none of those windows open anymore. Mucho better.
I was able to remove the 'chat' box on the left..How about the gigantic text on the right?

Can i at least change its size.. or ideally remove it entirely?
Old 04-01-2011, 11:58 AM
Approved Member

Displaying the radio chatter in an transparent box like that one on the left side would be nice.

Trinken für den Frieden - Schmiedet Schwerter zu Zapfhähnen !!!

System
Asus M4A89GTD PRO/USB3 |AMD Phenom II X6 Black Edition 1090T 6x 3.20GHz | 8GB RAM DDR3 | Sapphire HD6950 2048MB | 2x Samsung 750GB Raid0 |Windows 7 Home Premium x64 | HOTAS Cougar | Simped Vario Pro |TrackIR 2
Old 04-01-2011, 05:13 PM
Approved Member

Ok.. i didn't understand you could remove the red text too with this method.. sorted it out. Thanks for the help.. looking SOOOOO much better now!

No HUD clutter to spoil the game..

Old 04-02-2011, 01:03 AM
Approved Member

Just out of interest, does anyone know how to get the windows back once they have been closed. Couldn't manage to bring them back when I tried.

Cheers
Old 04-02-2011, 01:49 AM
Approved Member

You will have to customize them manually from scratch i'm afraid.

While in the cockpit, enable the mouse cursor/clickable interface with F10 if it's not already on, right-click, select the option to create a new window. Then, alt+click on the window to bring it into focus, move and resize it to your liking and finally right click on it and select customize.
From that point on you can edit what gets displayed, if the borders are visible or not and so on. The left hand column deals with how the window is displayed (transparency, borders, etc). The middle one is what it displays. The right hand column is a list of available things to display. Just select something from the right hand column and move it to the middle one with the left/right arrow-shaped buttons, then use the up/down arrow buttons to set priority within the column.

I took a quick look when trying to re-arrange my windows but didn't delve deep into it, so there might be some inaccuracies in my post. In any case though it's pretty straightforward if you give it a couple of minutes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borchi View Post
Displaying the radio chatter in an transparent box like that one on the left side would be nice.
With the above method you can edit the radio chatter window and copy what you see in the properties of the other one to make them look the same.

Last edited by Blackdog_kt; 04-02-2011 at 01:53 AM.
Old 04-02-2011, 05:35 AM
Approved Member

cheers Blackdog kt
Old 04-02-2011, 09:42 AM
Approved Member

I'd just like to make the boxes smaller, but I'm not sure it that's possible. After Alt clicking the box, you can then right click and go into the box (window) settings, but I can't seem to make the box smaller.