Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 06-22-2012, 11:16 AM
Approved Member

Aircraft look real good, thanks B6

GigaByteBoard...64bit...FX 4300 3.8, G. Skill sniper 1866 32GB, EVGA GTX 660 ti 3gb, Raptor 64mb cache, Planar 120Hz 2ms, CH controls, Tir5
Old 06-22-2012, 11:24 AM
Approved Member

Thabks for the info Black Six,Nice screenies too.
Old 06-22-2012, 11:30 AM
Approved Member

Thank you for the information BS.

I just want to state the fact that the way IC is treating the community at this forum is not the way as it should be.
The main problem is communication!
I would recommend to inform the community with a little bit more respect and hand over some details. There are lots of people checking this forum to get the latest informations about the patch update process.
It doesn´t last too long to type in some facts even twice a week. (Max. 5 minutes)
We do all need a perspective of what is going on and when the product will arrive. It´s us that keep this genre alive. (this includes devs and users)
So please try to inform us a little bit more with details...
Thank you
Old 06-22-2012, 11:31 AM
Approved Member

Hmmm....

Thanks for the update BlackSix, you delivered according to my expectations (unfortunately).

I will 100% buy the sequel.

Just get it done quickly though because you are playing with our nerves....

And since our mental age (for most of us) is over 12years old, we draw our own conclusions following the continous "pretty colorful pictures" saga you have been feeding us for weeks now...

Please, do not underestimate our intelligence! We may post rubish in your forums (due to the lack of anything more interesting) and go after each other's throat but, we are not that stupid (as sometimes I think you consider us to be ).

Better give us some betas so that we are at least occupied in discussions and testing than having us hanging in front of Internet Explorer pressing the F5 key.

Nice weekend,

~S~
Old 06-22-2012, 11:36 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volksieg View Post
It has to be said.... Lastnight I decided to treat myself and had a look at the special offers on Steam. I noticed a game called Men of War was on special offer and thought "Looks intriguing", watched the trailer and saw the 1C logo come up and immediately closed Steam and muttered "Nah...."

Of course, as mentioned above, this is not your fault Blacksix as you are just the messenger!
Men of War are a great series, if you're into real time strategy. I have the full set and I strongly recommend it. Publisher is 1C, but developer is not Maddox Games. If it's on sale, get it, you won't regret it.
Old 06-22-2012, 11:37 AM
Approved Member

Thanks for you difficult work b6.

But you all have to understand that this is not an update and that the game is dying under a cover of silence.
Old 06-22-2012, 11:38 AM
Registered Member

This is becoming more and more of a joke as the weeks progress.
You can see the games greatness occasionally but then you see the flaws all the more clearly.
Couldn't MG at least put some of the mission designers to work on this title to give us a set of decent missions/campaigns...Oh hold on, they are the ones that gave us the set we have now..
Old 06-22-2012, 11:40 AM
Approved Member

Thanks for update and screenies b6

But i think ill do with bom the same as i did the old il2. Wait a few years for it to be fixed and pay a fiver for it.
Old 06-22-2012, 11:44 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pstyle View Post
Thanks for the screenshots... But I am 99% sure I will not be buying the sequel.
No,me neither,not interested in the Russian campaign at all.....it was the Battle Of Britain that interested me from the start and I have always felt that it could've been explored a little more than it has been.

It would've been fantastic to have had a flyable Wellington,Dornier,Battle or Hampden,but that's life I guess.

Personally I would only contemplate purchasing a sequel if it meant that it's content would benefit 'The Cliffs Of Dover'.If the sequel had been aimed at the European air war with say your FW190's vs B17's to name but a few,then they would've got my interest,I would also have loved to have seen maybe a desert air war,but the Russian thing does'nt do it for me,which is a pity.

Thanks for keeping us in the picture B6,although I'm starting to lose all hope and interest now of what 1C is working on for the future or more importantly if it has a future itself.

Alienware Aurora|Win 7 64-bit Home Premium|IC i7-920 Processor (Quad-Core)|14GB DDR3 RAM|1 TB SATA 7200rpm Hard Drive|GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 770 2GB WINDFORCE 3 X fan|Thrustmaster Warthog|Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals,throttle quadrant and Cessna trim wheel|TrackIR4|Sense of humour,I find it comes in handy!

Last edited by Plt Off JRB Meaker; 06-22-2012 at 12:21 PM.
Old 06-22-2012, 11:44 AM
Approved Member

good looking La; some doubts about the landscape but that's WIP right?

regarding CLoD i suppose they made some more progress with the clouds...