Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Closed Thread

Old 12-23-2011, 12:11 PM
Approved Member

The defenders of the old coop mode should really start to realize that there never will be a difference between coop- and dogfight-mode!

That is a thing of the past, never to return!

There is only a online-mode where missions for every taste can be hosted.

There is a need for a gui for this online-mode for easy creation of all kinds of missions, be it "coop" or "dogfight" or mixed.
Old 12-23-2011, 12:14 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by robtek View Post
There is a need for a gui for this online-mode for easy creation of all kinds of missions, be it "coop" or "dogfight" or mixed.
Yes, I think this is what people -me included- are mainly concerned about, the gui.
Old 12-23-2011, 12:20 PM
Registered Member

So, if everything has to be rewritten (graphics engine, FM, GUI, AI etc), when will the sequel be available?
The original sim took years to complete... Do we have to wait until 2013 to get a proper FM, AI and weather effects or simply working comms in COD?

The original IL2 lived through community support. Now, it's hard to get information and the Friday updates are something like monthly updates. Thats frustrating, because I really enjoy COD and it really has so much potential, if customer relation was to be improved.

Hartmann
Old 12-23-2011, 12:22 PM
Raindirk

Seems like the sequel will finally be the game Oleg promised us 6 years ago

Merry Xmas !
Old 12-23-2011, 12:25 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSix View Post
17.Will we see the coop mission in CloD, as it was in the old "IL-2"?
Quote:
Don’t understand the question. The way we see it, CoD already has Il-2-style co-op. We are certainly not planning any major changes to online modes, GUI, or anything like that.
Could you please explain to luthier that COOP does not work as it is being discussed on these forums for 9 months already.

Links explaining details:

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=27934

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=28429

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthr...ighlight=coops

And in bugreports section @ sukhoi.ru here and below http://www.sukhoi.ru/forum/showthrea...=1#post1713252

Quality control goes FUBAR when manufacturers refuse to use their own product. If you or Ilya tried to fly COOP at least once within these 9 months you would not be able to give us such an answer.

41Sqn_Banks was doing his best to fix that issue http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=28559
However I personally do not think community can or should care about a product more than developers do. Same goes for fixing TrackIR issues in 109 which were reported at sukhoi but were ignored and many others. Please try to use your product in order to speak the same language with other forum participants. I am sure this will be a turning point in quality control and understanding questions that community asks before replying to them.

The key MG feature that brought MG to success in the past was "Attention to details" as Oleg kept repeating. Was it lost with Softclub merger or forcing Oleg out? Please get "Attention to details" back if it is not too late. A product without attention to details in quality control can sell more or less in 3rd world countries but not in the USA or Europe that Ilya should be able to understand better than others.

Just my personal subjective opinion of cause.

PS. http://www.columbia.edu/~sss31/rainbow/soap.story.html
Old 12-23-2011, 12:37 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insuber View Post
If I understand correctly, the CoD patch is less likely to be issued. The current trend is to patch CoD via the sequel.

Anyway thank you B6 and Luthier! And Merry XMas and a Happy New Year!
Didn't we already do this discussion and get told that it would be patched?
Old 12-23-2011, 12:39 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dano View Post
Didn't we already do this discussion and get told that it would be patched?
Yes, as far as I understand it. There hasn't been any news saying otherwise, the patch is still in development for CloD.
Old 12-23-2011, 12:44 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by addman View Post
Yes, as far as I understand it. There hasn't been any news saying otherwise, the patch is still in development for CloD.
Isn't that clear enough:

19. Are you planning to transfer the new graphic effects (eg, weather) from future sequels into Cliffs of Dover?
Quote:
We’ll work along the model similar to the old Il-2. There’s a single progression line from version to version dotted by sequels.
For example, we never released a patch for Forgotten Battles that contained new code from Pacific Fighters. The way to get it was to buy PF and merge it into FB. That’s exactly how it will be with CoD.
Old 12-23-2011, 12:49 PM
Approved Member

awful update...

it appears most things missing have been moved to the "sequel", no COOP mode, no news about a patch....

pretty much bad news all over.

sad
Old 12-23-2011, 12:49 PM
Approved Member

That does not exclude a patch for Cliffs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSix View Post
One more time. I said that maybe this year will be released the beta version of the patch. Maybe. The final version of the patch this year will not appear. We have not stopped working on CloD.