Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 08-05-2009, 04:19 PM
Approved Member

Maybe we can get an option to adjust the deadzone for the AV8R joystick? Or maybe have it reduced from its current value?
Old 08-05-2009, 05:49 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by loopdreams View Post
I've noticed this too but it's not the stick. It seems to be unlimited in all modes except arcade, bizarrely.
I use the Saitek stick and when playing the Tiger Hunt on simulation mode, I have experienced my engine over heat two times. I wasn't shot at or anything and I had been using full throttle for quite some time. What happened is that my engine went off and I couldn't start it anymore.

The propeller did roll when I went to a dive but after leveling it was idle again after a short time.

P.S. My firs post.
Old 08-05-2009, 06:32 PM
Approved Member

1) I'd like to see heading in the top left corner, using that instead of the map to navigate.

2) wings should rip off at excessive speeds

3) Not having to hold up on the right thumbstick for WEP, but rather throttle up to it, freeing the right thumb for looking around
Old 08-05-2009, 07:23 PM
Registered Member

For arcade and realistic modes, when you hold the left trigger down half way, the right stick can be used for free look, and when you hold it down all the way then the camera switches to target view. It would be a very similar setup to Grand Theft Auto 4.

And in sim mode holding it halfway lets you free look, while holding it all the way down lets you free look while zoomed.
Old 08-05-2009, 08:53 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton Yudintsev View Post
Please, send all your suggestions about the game Title Update - here.
We'll try to do whatever we can, if there will be Title Update.
Please, stay reasonable - we can't add Pacific Theater or Mission editor in title update.
I don't promise we'll do everything, or even anything but we'll read all of your feedback carefully.

I can't read all these treads, and I do not read private messages either.
And, please, no flood or repeative suggestions here.

Thanks in advance!

P.S. As for sequel suggestions - let's wait for game release first.
Is it possible to make the Pacific Theatre or Mission Editor DLC's? (Just a question, not a suggestion.)

I would like to have the ability to adjust what I want on my HUD. Like getting rid of the radar, arrows, and the camera of the other plane, so that all I have is the attitude display.

Thanks for the thread BTW. It should be stickied.

I know that black/red outs are pretty much a given, but can we also be able to tear our wings apart from over-g?

Last edited by xNikex; 08-05-2009 at 09:03 PM.
Old 08-06-2009, 12:34 AM
Approved Member

Anton, can you suggest why your dev team have dumbed down the damage? Such as exessive speeds smashing you appart.
Old 08-06-2009, 12:38 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton Yudintsev View Post
As for belly landings - plane explodes if it is damaged heavy enough not to take off.
So it is not ruining gameplay. Why do you need it? It is flight sim, not crash sim...
Part of flying in world war 2 air combats was knowing how to crash land a plane torn to bits... You can even belly land on the pc one. Any "flight" game were you cant crash land is not a simulator
Old 08-06-2009, 01:28 AM
Approved Member

Just out of curiosity, can you continue to destroy planes after they have been shot down? It often seems like when I take out a plane and it is falling, I continue to shoot the plane but nothing happens. If I only take off a wing I want to be able to make sure I get the kill and do as much damage as possible.
Old 08-06-2009, 01:32 AM
Approved Member

I have a REALLY good question, What about mutliplayer flight ranks like Flight commander ect... (more kills higher rank)
Old 08-06-2009, 01:44 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thundermuffin View Post
Just out of curiosity, can you continue to destroy planes after they have been shot down? It often seems like when I take out a plane and it is falling, I continue to shoot the plane but nothing happens. If I only take off a wing I want to be able to make sure I get the kill and do as much damage as possible.
You can. You just need to put WAY more lead on the plane. I once caught both engines and both gas tanks on fire and had four fire trails behind one plane.

Last edited by xNikex; 08-06-2009 at 01:50 AM.