Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 05-04-2008, 12:53 PM
Registered Member

Default Idea for IL2/SOW

Hi guys,

I always loved it to watch the phantastic graphics and feel the atmosphere, when a bomber squad takes off or approaches its target, the flak bursts the air and fighters try to shoot down as many bombers as possible. The problem was, that I had to fly too. Isn't it possible to make a small strategy part to plan missions on a european map, make some flightplans and just watch what happens? I think secret weapons of the german luftwaffe had such a feature. I know, SOW is a simulation but I would love such a feature
Old 05-04-2008, 01:36 PM
Approved Member

Just turn on the autopilot in IL-2 and I think you will get some of what you want

Last edited by HenFre; 05-04-2008 at 01:40 PM.
Old 05-04-2008, 02:07 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshadow View Post
Hi guys,

I always loved it to watch the phantastic graphics and feel the atmosphere, when a bomber squad takes off or approaches its target, the flak bursts the air and fighters try to shoot down as many bombers as possible. The problem was, that I had to fly too. Isn't it possible to make a small strategy part to plan missions on a european map, make some flightplans and just watch what happens? I think secret weapons of the german luftwaffe had such a feature. I know, SOW is a simulation but I would love such a feature
As HenFre posted, just switch on the autopilot before leaving the seat.

In BoB you will also be able to man the gunner stations in multi-crewed bombers on online-servers (not only Coop but also Dogfight, it seems). As there is also planned to have AI in the Dogfight-Servers, I think you are running in open doors here
Old 05-04-2008, 02:25 PM
Registered Member

Yey, autopilot helps. But maybe it's possible to make a little strategy map (like warbirds) where you plan strikes on other airbases/industry to reduce enemy's ressources.
Old 05-04-2008, 03:09 PM
Approved Member

Just use the Full Mission Builder to set up any scenario you want. Once you have set it up, save it, and then hit the Play option in the File drop-down. The scenario will play through and you can shift aircraft views using the appropriate keys. You can watch the target too, using the camera object. The FMB is definitely the place to go.

Or, #2, fly the mission and make an .ntrk of it. Afterwards view the track using the appropriate view settings.

B
CH Franken-Tripehound stick and throttle merged, CH Pro pedals. TrackIR 5 and Pro-clip. Windows 7 64bit Home Premium.
Old 05-04-2008, 03:16 PM
Approved Member

SoW:BoB was at it's inception, intrended to allow the player two campaign paths:

historic
dynamic

Historic is what you think- events happen as historically accurate

Dynamic was to be player-effected, as in: where do you concentrate your efforts? Attack RAF airfields? Shipping? Attack population centers? Big Wing, Little Wing?

I do not know if this is still intended but that covers the strategy aspect
Old 05-04-2008, 03:44 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brando View Post
Just use the Full Mission Builder to set up any scenario you want. Once you have set it up, save it, and then hit the Play option in the File drop-down. The scenario will play through and you can shift aircraft views using the appropriate keys. You can watch the target too, using the camera object. The FMB is definitely the place to go.

Or, #2, fly the mission and make an .ntrk of it. Afterwards view the track using the appropriate view settings.

B
This is a good way to watch your missions, but that's no strategy part. The feature described by Former_Older is what I am looking for. I hope that it will be included!

btw what's the new release date for sow?
Old 05-05-2008, 12:10 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Former_Older View Post
Little Wing?
Old 05-05-2008, 06:36 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshadow View Post
Yey, autopilot helps. But maybe it's possible to make a little strategy map (like warbirds) where you plan strikes on other airbases/industry to reduce enemy's ressources.

SEOW is what you need

http://seowwiki.swil.fr/index.php?title=Main_Page
http://seow.sourceforge.net/
http://seowhq.net/

and its much better and more detailed than warbirds
Old 05-05-2008, 01:22 PM
Registered Member

SEOW sounds phantastic! Thanks for the links!