Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 03-07-2011, 07:34 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauf View Post
Hi Novotny, downloaded steam and got RO Ostfront for $9.99 US, has been downloading for 8 hours now and is only up to 900mb out of 2605mb Hopefully will be finished by the time i get home from work
Crap, what is your bandwidth? Sounds like maybe you are on dial up. That stinks.
Old 03-07-2011, 07:38 PM
Approved Member

Hi Kikuchiyo, have cable here but am only getting 200kb's a sec, am in Australia so maybe thats why
Old 03-07-2011, 09:28 PM
Approved Member

You could try changing where you are downloading from - go to VIEW - SETTINGS - DOWNLOADS & CLOUD - REGION.

Try a different one.
Old 03-08-2011, 08:32 AM
Registered Member

I'm surprised there are so many that haven't heard of WW2 online. It had fantastic damage models for both aircraft and ground vehicles. The infanty combat left much to be desired in my opinion(back when I played it), but they did exactly what we are talking about here. Large scale, combined arms battles in a simulation. The ground forces never had to travel as far as the planes. That would be silly. You were always 10 minutes or less from the front line. The planes had to spawn farther back, but they were still 10 minutes or less from the front line. I had a lot of fun with that game.
Old 03-08-2011, 02:01 PM
Approved Member

Is there a monthly subscription to WWII Online? I heard there was and that alone put me off.

Are there any aircraft in RO? Again I haven't seen any in screens and it was another put-off for me, although after some of the comments above I'm more inclined to but RO from Amazon and give it a go - do many people still play this online???

Old 03-08-2011, 04:14 PM
Approved Member

No aircraft in Red Orchestra I'm afraid - it's strictly land war.

This is me, playing Red O quite badly, last night. My first ever video upload. Can't figure out how to embed it.

http://vimeo.com/20790644
Old 03-08-2011, 04:35 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thee_oddball View Post
you would need 1000 person servers to make it fun and viable, wwIIonline does what you are talking about
No, it does not.

The real trick is to adjust the active area to the amount of players online.

It is a challenge, but very doable using a number of techniques, but making it work seamlessly is the hard part.
Old 03-08-2011, 04:36 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gribbers View Post
Is there a monthly subscription to WWII Online? I heard there was and that alone put me off.

Are there any aircraft in RO? Again I haven't seen any in screens and it was another put-off for me, although after some of the comments above I'm more inclined to but RO from Amazon and give it a go - do many people still play this online???

It is monthly subscription.

Do a search for WW2 Online on Youtube.

also http://justin.tv/ww2online (very new, few videos)
Old 03-09-2011, 09:13 AM
Approved Member

Cheers for the vid link Novotny...will have a look later at home...can't view vids at work After reading some reviews I think I'll download RO from Steam tonight and give it a go...will keep me tied over until 25th March.

Been looking at WWII Online for some time now...still not sure about the subscription though...but want the air action, not just the infantry and armour. Oh well, we can't have it all.
Old 03-09-2011, 09:21 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novotny View Post
No aircraft in Red Orchestra I'm afraid - it's strictly land war.

This is me, playing Red O quite badly, last night. My first ever video upload. Can't figure out how to embed it.

http://vimeo.com/20790644
Thx Novotny, am playing offline atm trying to get the hang of it.

PS if you watch your vid in fullscreen there is an embed icon on the right.

Cheers