Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads > FM/DM threads

FM/DM threads Everything about FM/DM in CoD

Old 11-23-2012, 12:12 PM
Approved Member

Default omg the meserchmitch i so easy to shoot with the spit i love it

and what is even better german engineering nostalgics(i include myself since i love that non obsolescence) will ride them to let them be your target

not that i believe 109s were so bad in front of spits IN REAL LIFE but tell me a single game in which the 109 excels the spit

as a matter of fact in early games like european air war spit was only superior to 109 in manouberilty but as in real life in game life people soon discovered the key was speed and coms in posterior years you could check how engineering history was revisioned once more and the spit then could even match in speed the 109 and in most games spits would even out run 109 while in the past they just out manouber them

the irony is THIS GAME GOT TURNING RATE BOTH FOR 109 AND SPIT BALANCED AT FIRST, the first thing i did when i got this game was stop watch turning rate and both sides were equal, now its ridiculous biased towards spit, 109 is a brick

my opinion:

theres a conspiracy to make english speaking engineering appear better than north europe one and paying fees to game to make it this way, call it advertisement

theres a big fight on this think of f1 and if you look at economy one would say war just changed field and name of things

edit:

imagine luthier sending emails to rolls royc and wenzler im making THE GAME on wwii whose paying more for his engines being uber

come on think of movies how much do they get so the main charachter drinks cocacola instead of pepsi, i still buy levis strauss because of back to the future

I PREFER TO LOVE WITHOUT BEING LOVED THAT NOT LOVE AT ALL

Last edited by raaaid; 11-23-2012 at 12:18 PM.
Old 11-23-2012, 12:36 PM
Approved Member

No, the spit has always turned well in this game.

You are thinking of the hurri, when the game was released nobody really flew the spit as it was too slow the hurri was faster but not as manoeuvrable as the spit (and it should be more so) this led to some "balance" with a hurri/109 fight.

Now the hurri is slower than the spit and still doesn't turn better, the 109 has always being fast but turns like a half paralysed dog in this game.

So now we have a 109 and hurri with buggered up manoeuvrability and a fast and highly manoeuvrable spit only the dive and climb are better in the 109 which is why blues only boom and zoom...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiThSpAwN View Post
Its a glass half full/half empty scenario, we all know the problems, we all know what needs to be fixed it just some people focus on the water they have and some focus on the water that isnt there....
Gigabyte X58A-UD5 | Intel i7 930 | Corsair H70 | ATI 5970 | 6GB Kingston DDR3 | Intel 160GB G2 | Win 7 Ultimate 64 Bit |
MONITOR: Acer S243HL.
CASE: Thermaltake LEVEL 10.
INPUTS: KG13 Warthog, Saitek Pedals, Track IR 4.
Old 11-23-2012, 12:55 PM
Approved Member

i dont know before it was a problem fighting tnbers with bnzers thats how i felt flying the hurri but when i tried the spitii bnz on the 109 didnt work unles they had a huge e adavanatge

whats beyond me why people fly 109, even i dont though my dreams makes me supsicious in the past i pilotted one so i would love in the game but turns like a boat and in my dreams I CAN KEEP TURNING WITH A SPIT FOR MINUTES

also tracers are very usefull since i have a 3d perception of them(in dreams) in the game they are pos since you see them flat and all they do is obstruct the view

whats beyond me is that some games like day of defeat or call of duty 5 not the 4 achieve a 3d perception in flat i dont know how they did it

to see what i mean watch this videoclip

3d tech on flat vs 2d tech on flat

cod 5 had a 3d effect cod4 didnt

Old 11-23-2012, 12:58 PM
Approved Member

Annnndddd... here what we have here is a typical raaaid post, he says something incorrect gets proven wrong and then changes the subject LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiThSpAwN View Post
Its a glass half full/half empty scenario, we all know the problems, we all know what needs to be fixed it just some people focus on the water they have and some focus on the water that isnt there....
Gigabyte X58A-UD5 | Intel i7 930 | Corsair H70 | ATI 5970 | 6GB Kingston DDR3 | Intel 160GB G2 | Win 7 Ultimate 64 Bit |
MONITOR: Acer S243HL.
CASE: Thermaltake LEVEL 10.
INPUTS: KG13 Warthog, Saitek Pedals, Track IR 4.
Old 11-23-2012, 01:01 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG52Krupi View Post
Annnndddd... here what we have here is a typical raaaid post, he says something incorrect gets proven wrong and then changes the subject LOL
Did you expect otherwise?
Old 11-23-2012, 01:01 PM
Approved Member

Raaid, please join us on the ATAG server. You'll find the 109's real pushovers for your Spitfire. Trust me......
Old 11-23-2012, 01:14 PM
Approved Member

all im saying is that spit now turns better than the 109 and when i 1st tested with the game brand nw stopwatch in hand it didnt

well if you alway engage with a height advanatge its easy

but this takes us to go higher every time which makes the game boring

ive notice through the years an online tacit agreement to dont go very high, games in which this dint happen just disappeared

going on 3d onmoment of death on many games like cod5 in the moment of death they apply a lens effect which for me increases the 3d perecpetion of it

any clues on what is it?

edit:

ill try to explain better with cod5 and dod while playing i would get to a point in which i percieved the game like if i had 3d glasses on, an enhanced perception better than reality, not only that but using the mouse would get as easy as looking a total inmersion like looking at reality throguh a window with 3d glasses on

noticing this i bought cod4 because low framerate killed this perception and though on cod4 i got a high fps i didnt get this effect

i only got this perception most of the time with cod5 and dod but dont know why

Last edited by raaaid; 11-23-2012 at 01:23 PM.
Old 11-23-2012, 01:21 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by raaaid View Post
any clues on what is it?
In Bladru#s Gta 2 I rAelly love Using firreballs. There less c00l in Counnerstraik but with snipr in BoB there rule messrchmirch FAR bttr than spitfirre.

And why no fockewolf in clod? is it becuase of light while Englund unfair?
Old 11-23-2012, 01:26 PM
Approved Member

lol
Old 11-23-2012, 01:33 PM
Approved Member

point one:

spit turns much better than 109 thing which dint happen in the begining of the game

point two: some games like cod5 use a 3d effect just like this image

now theres some tech that gives cod5 and not cod4 have a 3d effect

exactly the same tech that makes that image 3d:

if i move my head looking at that image IT MOVES AS IN PERSPECTIVE , try it

talking of this im reisnatalling cod 5 tried to move my head with the opening installing image and it happens the same which proves its been given a 3d effect, which i have no clue

edit:

here the 3d effect i miss in clod that cod 5 has:

edit:

i think all needed to achieve this 3d effect would be a focus effect(as you can see in that cod5 image) which would make easier for bom to spot planes

Last edited by raaaid; 11-23-2012 at 01:55 PM.