Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads > FM/DM threads

FM/DM threads Everything about FM/DM in CoD

Old 11-19-2012, 02:57 PM
Approved Member

Default Change ammunition

Hi.

How can i change my ammuniton\loadout in quick mission builder?

I want to test different type of ammuniton in my 109 but i cant change the loadout or load different loadouts i have saved from before.
Old 11-19-2012, 05:29 PM
Approved Member

As far as I am aware you cannot select custom loadouts in QMB - there are a couple of workarounds however.

The simplest way of testing weapons loadouts is to simply create a mission using FMB and save the mission as many times as necessary using different loadouts that you have created and assigned using FMB.

Alternatively, create a custom version of a quick mission and use the 'save as' option giving your custom mission a name that you can recognise. Once saved you can move the custom mission from the 'Mission - quicks' folder into the Missions Single folder. These folders are in the 1cPublishing folder. You can then open the mission using FMB and select any of the weapons loadouts you have created for the ac you are using. You can save as many versions of the mission as you want using names that help you identify which loadouts a mission is using.

The only other method is to enter the weapons loadouts directly into the Mission file using 'notepad'. This is quick as it only involves copying the weapons loadout from the file which contains the loadout data into the mission file itself. There were threads that detailed how to do it. Ask if you need more info.

AMD A8 5600K Quad Core 3.6 Ghz - Win 7 64 - 8Gb Ram - GTX660ti 2Gb VRAM - FreeTrack - X52 - Asus 23' Monitor.
Old 11-19-2012, 10:25 PM
Approved Member

the loadouts being unavailable in the qmb still not fixed?
MOBO - MB-EVGA122CKNF68BR
RAM - ddr2 6gb @800mhz
GPU - nVidia geforce GTX 280 1gb
Old 11-20-2012, 08:22 AM
Approved Member

Hi.

I figured it out, you can go to the options screen in the main menu and select plane. There you can change you ammunition and save it as custom names. I now have a profile called Test-E3 and can use this where i want.
Old 11-20-2012, 11:43 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxl View Post
Hi.

I figured it out, you can go to the options screen in the main menu and select plane. There you can change you ammunition and save it as custom names. I now have a profile called Test-E3 and can use this where i want.
Have you tried using different tracer-colors for british fighters this way?

I can "use" these profiles as well, but in fact the ammo doesn´t change at all. I just get another name displayed before i start the mission but the ammo stays the same....
Old 11-20-2012, 06:28 PM
Approved Member

That method doesn't seem to work for me either. It suggests the default has been changed in the mission weapons loadout screen but when you fly the mission it uses default.

AMD A8 5600K Quad Core 3.6 Ghz - Win 7 64 - 8Gb Ram - GTX660ti 2Gb VRAM - FreeTrack - X52 - Asus 23' Monitor.
Old 11-21-2012, 07:36 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Continu0 View Post
Have you tried using different tracer-colors for british fighters this way?

I can "use" these profiles as well, but in fact the ammo doesn´t change at all. I just get another name displayed before i start the mission but the ammo stays the same....

I tried this now and you are right, it doesnt work, so i guess i never changed the cannon rounds at all in the 109. I use my new profile but it doesnt change anyting in the game
Old 11-21-2012, 07:54 AM
Approved Member

It seems only way this works in quick mission builder is the tip SEE said.
Old 11-26-2012, 05:16 AM
Registered Member

Can anyone tell me how to select/change or even use the different types of ammo/weapons in the FMB or the QMB?I have been following these posts but all of the various buttons such as "insert,remove,add, deleteand even the custom/default in the "Loadout section",have no effect.Its as if they are "greyed out".I can't figure out what I am doing wrong,unless some of my files are corrupt or something.I have the latest Steam patch 1.11 or something.
Old 11-26-2012, 06:16 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mekon View Post
Can anyone tell me how to select/change or even use the different types of ammo/weapons in the FMB or the QMB?I have been following these posts but all of the various buttons such as "insert,remove,add, deleteand even the custom/default in the "Loadout section",have no effect.Its as if they are "greyed out".I can't figure out what I am doing wrong,unless some of my files are corrupt or something.I have the latest Steam patch 1.11 or something.
You don´t do anything wrong, Loadouts just don´t work in QMB. You have to set up your own mission in FMB.

There, if you select a plane, you can find the Loadout-Menu in the plane options. (You have to klick on the "..." somwhere. Sorry, I don´t know the path exactly...).