Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Men of War > Men of War: Red Tide

Men of War: Red Tide Stand-alone expansion to its critically acclaimed RTS Men of War

Old 10-28-2009, 07:59 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divebomb View Post
pre-order is now activated. same url as before

Awesome. Good find! Can't wait to play as the Black Coats!
Old 10-29-2009, 11:12 PM
Approved Member

i bought MoW on DVD but i have a sneaky suspicion red tide may not be available at amazon. i like the DVD so 2 years from now and i get a hair up my ass to play it, i have it to reinstall. what do you guys do if you download it and 6 months from now your drive crashes and you need to reinstall? what if a year from now you want to play it again and you've already removed it from you hard drive? also, i know alot of you bypass RTFM but i like to read it and i can't/won't print a 60 page PDF on my printer and i don't want to alt-tab the game to read it on line. besides, alt-tab does bizarre things with MoW!.

so first, does anyone know if it's coming out on DVD and second, if anyone is bored tell me digital downloading will be painless in all respects mentioned above....thanks!!
Old 10-30-2009, 12:46 AM
Approved Member

that's a great fake scenario. but whatever. it's up now for downloaders

I'm excited

doesn't look like there is a retail version coming any time soon, no.
Old 10-30-2009, 10:56 AM
Registered Member

Arrow Oh ... released ... yes ...

Why is the distribution in europe so bad? Men of War failed in Germany a year ago because of this.

The Downloadsector is not the best way for promoting a good game. You can offer it for more people at the same time, but it seems you still will not do that .

BTW Where can i find the LAN Modus in Red Tide?

Last edited by Hutzmann; 10-30-2009 at 11:01 AM.
Old 10-30-2009, 07:27 PM
Approved Member

is there a lan mode at all?
Old 10-30-2009, 10:50 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
that's a great fake scenario
i have no idea what you mean, probably a translation thing.

anyway, has anyone downloaded it? playing it? is the gamersgate download the actual game in full (i've never used gamersgate)? why are so few people interested in this expansion? there's no talk at the MoW forum about "hey everyone red tide is out! let's go get it!" there's just 4-5 people here "talking" about it. is anyone playing it?
Old 10-30-2009, 11:17 PM
Approved Member

Talking

I've just downloaded it this morning.

Gamersgate gives you the option to keep the temporary files it uses to install the game so you can install it again at a later date with out connecting to the Gamersgate server.

As for playing it, I've only completed the first mission. I've spent most of the day editing .pak files so I can use the new units in the editor along with the units from the base game.
Old 10-30-2009, 11:48 PM
Approved Member

thanks Manic_Mechanic...if you're still around or come back tell me something. why does it seem like digital downloading the full game has got hooks in it and not as straight forward as just downloading a file (like a demo)? does it require downloading software that i have to install? does it come as a complete file i can just archive to CD to install it on my new system when i get it? i guess not if i have to keep some temp files around to reinstall. so i guess it doesn't come as an .exe or .rar or .zip? that's why i want the box version, simple. all i hear from people on forums is hoops they jump thru to get digital downloads in the first place, then they don't have/can't find activation keys if required, patches are weird, blah blah blah. tell me my friend, i've never used gamersgate and i don't want a friggin hassle just to get this game. is it pretty straight forward or am i going to fight this all the way? thanks....
Old 10-31-2009, 12:20 AM
Approved Member

Because I don't live near any brick and mortar game stores I do alot of direct downloading. A lot of the horror stories you hear are true. For example, Steam is pure evil. A lot of places do make you install programs to install their games.

But getting Men of War Red Tide from gamersgate was easily the best experience I've had with downloading a game. The file you download from gamersgate is an application which downloads the "temporary files". However, what they call "temporary files" is pretty much just an unpacked .exe which installs the game on your pc, so if you keep that you can run it any time.

Because its an unpacked .exe, its pretty big. 2.1 Gigs to be precise. Me, I just burned that to a DVD+RW, and presto, instant back up disc.
Old 10-31-2009, 12:39 AM
Approved Member

uhm..... never mind... I think. I tryed to use the temporary files to launch the installer again and all I got was a missing dll message.

When I tried the "Download Men of War Red Tide.app" instead it did launch the download of the temporary files, so I guess the trick is just to keep that backed up somewhere if you need to reinstall the game. Good thing the dvd I burned the temporary files to is a rewriteable......