Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Rig'n'Roll

Rig'n'Roll Truck racing game, sequel to the famous Hard Truck series. Drive authentic trucks along real Californian roads, deliver cargo, take part in truck races or establish your own cargo transportation company.

View Poll Results: What Do You Think About RnR?
I Love It (needs very little improvements) Please explain. 9 9.68%
I Like It (needs some improvements) Please explain. 40 43.01%
It's OK (needs a lot of improvements) Please explain. 30 32.26%
I Hate It (needs vast improvements) Please explain. 14 15.05%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-31-2010, 01:34 PM
Approved Member

i voted that its ok but does need some improvements

for me i have not had any major bugs or glitches yet,however there are a couple of things that are annoying and should be sorted

1)the way you get stopped and fined by police when ai crashes into you
2)roads that you can go down then end up at a dead end
3)some of the side missions involve dropping at the side of the road then you get another one in the opposite direction and there is nowhere to turn around and you have to go miles up the highway to find a turn off
4)truck and trailer physics are certainly nowhere near realistic enough
5)the races and the competitive/timed deliveries do get annoying because you dont always want to run around like a loony,i would like to take my time and enjoy the game and its scenery

it does have a lot of good points and on the whole i like this game,hopefully if the game developer does decide to make these wrongs right then you will have a truly amazing trucking game......
Old 08-01-2010, 12:48 PM
Registered Member

Personally I voted 'Hate it'. In theory I should like it (I liked King of the Road - that had bugs, but not so catastrophically huge), if it werent for the fact I cant drive to LA ever, because of the (as someone else put it) sky in the road, and you just fall forever. Over and again.

If I was reviewing this I'd give it 3% - the graphics may be good, it may sound ok (though I dont believe so) on a very good setup. But the fact that if there is a big hole in the road right near the start, surely there are others. And creating the unplayable feature. A game by definition is something you 'play' with ie 'gameplay' - therefore if its lacking in that, it doesnt matter how fancy it looks.

Just glad I didnt pay too much for it.

Even if it were free I'd advise people against it.

1C should really think about their reputation, especially regards future sales of other products.
Old 08-01-2010, 02:59 PM
Approved Member

yeah their future products might have holes in the road or skies in the middle of their roads, this really annoys me too, i can never driver around or too L.A, its just impossible.
Old 08-02-2010, 09:51 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuclear Cat View Post
Personally I voted 'Hate it'. In theory I should like it (I liked King of the Road - that had bugs, but not so catastrophically huge), if it werent for the fact I cant drive to LA ever, because of the (as someone else put it) sky in the road, and you just fall forever. Over and again.

If I was reviewing this I'd give it 3% - the graphics may be good, it may sound ok (though I dont believe so) on a very good setup. But the fact that if there is a big hole in the road right near the start, surely there are others. And creating the unplayable feature. A game by definition is something you 'play' with ie 'gameplay' - therefore if its lacking in that, it doesnt matter how fancy it looks.

Just glad I didnt pay too much for it.

Even if it were free I'd advise people against it.

1C should really think about their reputation, especially regards future sales of other products.
What are your comp specs?
CPU, Speed, Ram, Vid-Card. The LA error you reported most commonly falls here.
Old 12-03-2010, 01:34 PM
Registered Member

Unhappy Dissapointed

Im really dissapointed in this game...after the long wait its just a load of crap.you dont make a racing game out of a trucking game...its better to take your time and cruse and see the scenery. im really glad i didnt pay for this.The only thing i like is that they used more than 140 megs of the disk finally to make a game.

Last edited by Elmo56; 12-03-2010 at 01:37 PM.
Old 12-03-2010, 02:25 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmo56 View Post
Im really dissapointed in this game...after the long wait its just a load of crap.you dont make a racing game out of a trucking game...its better to take your time and cruse and see the scenery. im really glad i didnt pay for this.The only thing i like is that they used more than 140 megs of the disk finally to make a game.
Didn't buy the game? Not the best place to say that on an official forum
Old 12-03-2010, 03:15 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmo56 View Post
There is no need to post this twice. Also Kennyb87 is right, but I'm going to take a leap of faith here, and hope you meant that you got it as a gift. Piracy is not tolerated, or welcomed here. Consider yourself warned.
Old 12-03-2010, 03:45 PM
Registered Member

Red face

Its not pirated...dont worry I borrowed it from my grandmother....Honestly I would shoot myself if I wasted my money on this game. However...if they ever straighten it out and do away with the racing element,and fix the driving psysics...ill buy it...but I always try before I buy if possable cause ive been ripped A FEW times on games that are advertised better than they really are.sorry for the spelling but im an impatient typer...lol.

That It would have been nice to have the game with the graphics but keep the gameplay like UK or German trucker game...I mdont understand how a company can make so many good games as far as driving psychics go and then fail so bad on this one...it doesent make sence.all the other games are great for driving and graphics...i have always wondered why they didnt use more than 140 megs to make a game that looked so good.For instance a game like UK trucker would have so much more places to go if they would use the whole disk...keep the graphics and game play intact and add more places to go.If they used the whole disk you could go all the way down route 66 for example.now im just rambling on...sorry....you know what i mean.

Moderator Edit:

Please do not double post. If you need to add remarks to your previous post, use the 'Edit' button.

USA Trucker

Last edited by USA Trucker; 12-03-2010 at 04:04 PM. Reason: Merged Postings Into One.
Old 12-03-2010, 03:57 PM
Approved Member

This game is advertised as a simulation/racing game. Those that purchase it are aware of what they are getting into in that respect. You don't have to race to play the game. Time limits on loads are normal as they are in real life. It could use some adjusting though.

If you have enough money stashed in your account, you could just cruise around, and enjoy the scenery. I've done this many times. When funds get low, I just pick up a load, or do a mission when it comes along. This game has many approaches, and you don't even have to do the "Story-Line" if you don't want to, to play this game.

By the way...
Welcome to the forum.
Old 12-03-2010, 06:48 PM
Registered Member

Default Im liking it more now.

Im going to have to take back what I said about this game...I have been playing it all day and im starting to get used to it and im liking it more now. Its still a little quirky and i lose control quite often in the corners...and i have a real nice ferrari driving wheel....but besides that i really love the night time graphics. I am from california...Los Angeles...and it makes me feel like im there...lol.I wish there was a way to see your route on the mini map as you drive...that would help a lot.

Last edited by Elmo56; 12-03-2010 at 06:51 PM.