Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

View Poll Results: In the upcoming IL-2:BOP Downloadable Content (DLC) I would mostly like to see:
More maps 2 2.33%
More aircraft skins for aircraft already included in IL-2:BOP at launch 3 3.49%
More on-line Multi-Player (MP) modes 5 5.81%
A single-player mission/campaign (m/c) creator 17 19.77%
More allied and German fighter/bomber aircraft 7 8.14%
A new allied Single-Player (SP) campaign 2 2.33%
A m/c creator, bomber cockpit/gunner views and a new allied SP campaign for 20+ Euro´s/Dollars 9 10.47%
Cockpit views for all the German fighters 19 22.09%
A Single-Player (SP) German campaign 5 5.81%
A m/c creator, German cockpits and a German SP campaign for 20+ Euro´s/Dollars 17 19.77%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-03-2009, 03:55 PM
Approved Member

Not only would I like to have german cockpits, I would like to see
bomber cockpits and gunner views. Also maybe a replay cam like
on AC6.
Old 10-04-2009, 04:14 PM
Approved Member

Default I Can't choose...

I ant choose.. Between More FIghters and Bomber or new Skins for allready avalaible aircraft? I love both. You said that you posted that the Germanss are having their cockpit view, but that was allready planed so thats out of the question... I think i have to go for the Skins then?
I know this is a big issue on German Figthers, but as far as i'm consern, Germans aircraft of that time should have a Swastika? they aren't German with out them?

so I'm gonna choose for either the Skins, or New Fighters and Bombers!
( plus the screaming of the Stuka DiveBomber!!)
Old 10-04-2009, 07:21 PM
Approved Member

I am confused, DLC will have cockpits for all german planes?? I thought only for messerschmitt.

1. a couple of new planes would be great (at least 1 Italian)

2. cockpits to all fighters so there can be "locked cockpits" battles. (its a flight sim right?)

3. Skins
Old 10-04-2009, 08:23 PM
Approved Member

The last that I read about the German cockpit views from the developer posts is that they MIGHT make some German cockpit views for the "most popular" German aircraft and then the Me 109 is mentioned specifically by the developer.

So as far as I have been able to find out on the two forums on which the developer posts, they might make a generic cockpit view for the Me 109's.

That is the reason why I included "cockpit views for all the German fighters" in the poll.

Last edited by Widar; 10-05-2009 at 06:05 AM.
Old 10-04-2009, 08:25 PM
Approved Member

I couldn't decide myself. So I went for the extra campaign option, since more missions is always a good thing.
Old 10-08-2009, 06:39 PM
Approved Member

It is interesting to see that the thing that only 1.67% voted for was the one that was made available as DLC: allied single player missions/campaign.

I don't count the two DLC aircraft, because usually these pre-order extra's are made available about 1 month or so after release.

I know that Anton Y. said that the DLC was made months ago, but still: know thy customer...

Of course, who cares what 60 people voted for, but still...

Last edited by Widar; 10-08-2009 at 06:47 PM.
Old 10-08-2009, 07:02 PM
Approved Member

How can you know your customer, before he is a customer
This DLC was already on the disk --> thus was already made before the game was released. Before anyone had the game, to tell them what they wanted in DLC.

Know thy customer? he would have to be psychic in this case

I dont want to bitch at you. But there are too many people bitching at the devs with stuff they 'cant help'.
The 'but still: know thy customer', is as if you are saying they dont know anything about markteting. Maybe they didnt do the best marketing job, and the game is flawed, but you 'know thy customer' make no sense at all in this case.

Its like me now starting a poll 'what would you like to see in the title update'. If then everyone votes for 'a new game mode'.
a new game mode is not going to be in the title update, the update is already 'finished'. When it comes out, I should go: 'we wanted a new game mode, the update was finished and it wasnt in there, but still: know thy customer'.

It is the same.. the DLC was already 'out' when the game was released. No polls or customer feedback could have changed its content.

again, I dont mean to flame, I just think it is not fair towards the devs (who are really listening to our input, and they get 'degraded' with remarks like yours)

EDIT:
And right after the game came out, and we started asking for german cockpits (20% of the poll), the devs said they would add at least the 109's and probably the FW190.
So they do listened to their customer right after the release. Look at the title update, it takes 1.5 month before it is out. A DLC will take longer.

Last edited by MorgothNL; 10-08-2009 at 07:16 PM.
Old 10-08-2009, 07:14 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorgothNL View Post
How can you know your customer, before he is a customer
This DLC was already on the disk --> thus was already made before the game was released. Before anyone had the game, to tell them what they wanted in DLC.

Know thy customer? he would have to be psychic in this case
No not really. Ever heard of "focus groups". These are specially selected people that represent "the majority of customers". Most game, movies, tv series etc. are constantly shown and presented to these focus group people.

There are certain area's where new products etc. are supplied to the so-called "average joe" in selected municipalities. Read up on it, there is a lot going on there even if you never heard of it.

So if someone missed the boat with a certain DLC, they had either the wrong focus group members OR the forum members on a certain forum do not belong to the focus group for which a game was made.

Snap je?
Old 10-08-2009, 07:21 PM
Approved Member

There's only three things I'd like to see -- and I don't see any of them in the poll. They would be:

1. Online Campaign Co-Op

2. Fix the performance and armament discrepancies on the German and
American planes.

3. Straighten out the "joystick" issues. The interface is BAD.
Old 10-08-2009, 07:22 PM
Approved Member

yes I snap.

the 2 biggest poll choices are 'german cockpits' and 'SP mission editor'.
The devs already said the SP mission editor, is not something they can just add to this game, that is more for a sequel. So that one could not have been a part of DLC.

secondly, the german planes were never going to be playable, it is because of feedback that they made them playable just before the game going gold. So there was no time to make cockpits.

If you say 'it should have been in the game to begin with'. I can totaly agree there. But when you say 'it should have been in this DLC', I say no, it probably couldnt even have been. But most likely some of it will be in 'next DLC'