Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 08-03-2009, 02:48 AM
Approved Member

Nice work Cocteau! what color are the wires for X and B out of the stick? I might want to swap them around once the game comes out.
Old 08-03-2009, 03:01 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by reverend66 View Post
Nice work Cocteau! what color are the wires for X and B out of the stick? I might want to swap them around once the game comes out.
X is Orange B is Yellow.
Old 08-03-2009, 03:28 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
X is Orange B is Yellow.
I think I might swap trim & zoom to the stick & put bombs & rockets on the stick base. It seems that will be the best set up as I'm into the game mainly for multiplayer.

Thanks,
Rev
Old 08-03-2009, 03:42 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
I think I might swap trim & zoom to the stick & put bombs & rockets on the stick base. It seems that will be the best set up as I'm into the game mainly for multiplayer.

Thanks,
Rev
there is a trim LOL i did not even know. what button is that
Old 08-03-2009, 03:46 AM
Registered Member

Quote:

Thanks,
Rev
I'm hesitant to do anything with wires and opening up cases to things I don't understand, so this is just a shot in the dark, but is there any possibility to put a button on the bottom/front of the stick itself? I had an old joystick for the PC with a button in that position, and even if it's unrealistic it was pretty handy for things - I'd probably end up mapping zoom to that.
Old 08-03-2009, 03:47 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocteau4ad View Post
there is a trim LOL i did not even know. what button is that
Trim, when using a joystick, is RB.
Old 08-03-2009, 04:19 AM
Approved Member

Yes the trim is RB the far right button on the front of an unmoded aviator. It is the "target mode" button in arcade & realistic, it's only trim in simulator mode.

Quote:
is there any possibility to put a button on the bottom/front of the stick itself? I had an old joystick for the PC with a button in that position
Yes that could be done (I used to use that button for landing gear on computer sims with my X52). Everytime I think I'm done moding my aviator something else comes up. Once the full release comes out & I know which buttons are the most important I will post a printable step by step PDF with instructions for installing new buttons & a wiring layout.

Rev
Old 08-03-2009, 04:58 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Yes the trim is RB the far right button on the front of an unmoded aviator. It is the "target mode" button in arcade & realistic, it's only trim in simulator mode.

Yes that could be done (I used to use that button for landing gear on computer sims with my X52). Everytime I think I'm done moding my aviator something else comes up. Once the full release comes out & I know which buttons are the most important I will post a printable step by step PDF with instructions for installing new buttons & a wiring layout.

Rev
so Realistic is not really realistic. simulator is more realistic?
Old 08-03-2009, 05:02 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocteau4ad View Post
so Realistic is not really realistic. simulator is more realistic?
Realistic is middle.

Arcade, Realistic, then Simulator.
Old 08-03-2009, 05:13 AM
Approved Member

In sim mode you have control of the flaps and trim, but there is no target cam or select target. select target (or Y on the stick) becomes flaps (level or combat while flying) with gear down they are up or landing. In sim mode the button that is the target cam (RB on an unmoded aviator) becomes the trim button. Basically you push it to set the aircrafts controls when you are in level flight (in case of damage or high speed in sim mode).
I believe that the single player game will be almost impossible to complete in Sim mode (with ground targets hard to see as well as objectives). However I believe that sim mode will be popular in online games (changing flaps from combat to level gives you a seruious advantage in turn fights as does trimming at high speed).