Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik > Daidalos Team discussions

Old 03-17-2017, 09:57 AM
Approved Member

Default Photo reconnaisance

Here's an idea.
But how about some way to make photo reconnaissance missions. I don't really know how/if you could do it though.
Just some button perhaps so you could take like a screenshot (but of the ground below you) and it could save that file to your game folder?
Old 03-17-2017, 10:26 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marabekm View Post
Here's an idea.
But how about some way to make photo reconnaissance missions. I don't really know how/if you could do it though.
The actual mechanics of adding PR missions to the game would be easy. Adding dedicated PR variants of various planes would be harder. Getting a decent selection of flyable PR planes would be a huge task.

But, if you're willing to add hypothetical camera loadouts to combat aircraft rather than using actual PR aircraft variants, it wouldn't be that hard to add high altitude PR missions to the game.

In FMB, set a waypoint and specify PR mission. Select required altitude, speed, and direction of flight. Mission success is based on how well the player flies that course while flying straight and level and operating the camera, and whether they successfully land back at their base. If you wanted to get fancy, mission success could also be based on how much cloud cover was between the camera and the mission's target area.

In GUI, you'd have to bind a key to turn the PR camera camera on/off (and possibly gun camera, too).

For the player, a high altitude PR mission consists of flying to a specific location on the map. Once there, in order to successfully complete the mission, you must fly absolutely straight (i.e., while compensating for crosswinds) and level at a fixed altitude along a certain course, for a fixed amount of time, while operating the camera.

Optionally, players can view the results of their work as black and white still pictures of the ground taken while the camera was operating.

Low level PR missions using obliquely-mounted cameras would require entirely different mechanics. Success would be based on how long you kept a specific ground object within camera view and within a certain distance while the camera was operating.
Old 03-18-2017, 02:42 PM
Approved Member

Default Navigation lights please

Hello I can see everybody wants lots here I also see on my Hurricane already there on my wings are some lovely Navigation Lights and I was hoping that if we are lucky they may be enabled by using the config ini

Yours hopefully No.111_Darky
Old 03-19-2017, 12:00 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by darky1 View Post
Hello I can see everybody wants lots here I also see on my Hurricane already there on my wings are some lovely Navigation Lights and I was hoping that if we are lucky they may be enabled by using the config ini

Yours hopefully No.111_Darky
I do believe there are navigation lights in the stock game. You just need to map a key to be able to turn it on and off.
Old 03-20-2017, 09:26 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marabekm View Post
Here's an idea.
Just some button perhaps so you could take like a screenshot (but of the ground below you) and it could save that file to your game folder?
There is a recon target available on the full mission builder. It won't generate pictures, but on many developed campaigns, a succesfull recon mission will hilight the units spotted over the recon target on the campaign map.
Old 03-28-2017, 07:45 PM
Approved Member

Smile

I've been off line the past month, and it has given ma a good spell of 4.13.3 testing.

My request for GunCamTracers is not necessary, veryt good job TD, shooting % is up to 3+ (some days 5%, against Average fighters), and I can see when I have hit by the Cloud of smoke from my target.
And am I seeing random belt startups, seems to be with the fighters, but AA still have tracers grouped. Flack bursts look great, and smoke from GRN targets burning is lush, and dark.

All in all, great job again TD, (Sita).

I still have every enemy fighter chasing ME, but I will be back on the IRSS server soon, lets see if I have learned to "fly fast".

FS~Music

**EDIT**
I just finished playing last last few days on the AleXserver, closed pit, w externals, I am not shooting 3%, more like 0.45%. lol

Last edited by Music; 03-31-2017 at 07:54 PM. Reason: Gunstats OpenPit
Old 03-29-2017, 01:20 PM
Approved Member

the map to follow the plane once it leaves the edge you have to move it up manually.
Old 04-02-2017, 02:02 PM
Approved Member

My wish.
Gun shooting of AI's fighter more inaccurately.

Detail.
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=229400

I'm still waiting.
I always hope this.
And every time I'm disappointed, when the new version is announced.
But I keep waiting.
Old 04-02-2017, 05:35 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by major.kudo View Post
My wish.
Gun shooting of AI's fighter more inaccurately.

Detail.
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=229400

I'm still waiting.
I always hope this.
And every time I'm disappointed, when the new version is announced.
But I keep waiting.
I am with you, all AI's are Aces in gun shooting!
Totally unreal and exaggerated good.
They hit always from every situation.
A revision would not be bad.
Old 04-02-2017, 08:47 PM
Approved Member

Have you never think that the best thing to do is to learn to never be in the ennemi line of sight/fire?...