Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads > Performance threads

Performance threads All discussions about CoD performnce

Old 06-05-2012, 03:10 PM
Approved Member

Default Less and more stutters on different monitors

Hello Pilots!

Just an observation, and maybe it might be helpful?

I usually use my 27" monitors set on 1920x1080 to play Il2 COD, and I'm suffering stutters with grass on with my radeon 5870 on a mac pro, BUT, when my family was out of town, I decided to get even nerdier, so I connected my computer to our 63" plasma, also with 1920x1080, I was flying around fine and thought my settings were like I normally have them, evrything on high but with grass off, but when I landed on the runway I noticed I actually had grass on, but hadn't experienced any irritating stuttering.

So, the only difference was that I was using another monitor, set to its native resolution, so I started thinking if some of the stutters might have to do with peoples monitors or monitor settings?? Might be a long shot but for me its definetly a huge difference playing on the compuer monitor vs the 63" plasma...

Cheers!
Old 06-05-2012, 03:20 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlushMeister View Post
Hello Pilots!

Just an observation, and maybe it might be helpful?

I usually use my 27" monitors set on 1920x1080 to play Il2 COD, and I'm suffering stutters with grass on with my radeon 5870 on a mac pro, BUT, when my family was out of town, I decided to get even nerdier, so I connected my computer to our 63" plasma, also with 1920x1080, I was flying around fine and thought my settings were like I normally have them, evrything on high but with grass off, but when I landed on the runway I noticed I actually had grass on, but hadn't experienced any irritating stuttering.

So, the only difference was that I was using another monitor, set to its native resolution, so I started thinking if some of the stutters might have to do with peoples monitors or monitor settings?? Might be a long shot but for me its definetly a huge difference playing on the compuer monitor vs the 63" plasma...

Cheers!
Hmmmm, are your monitors hooked up with HDMI as your plasma TV would be? I have no idea if that would make a difference, though.
Old 06-05-2012, 06:06 PM
Approved Member

You wont like my suggestion but get a projector and an Nvidea card... I looked into the 3 monitor deal but in my opinion and its cheaper to get a projector plus you dont have the lines... Ill never ever buy another ati card.
Old 06-10-2012, 09:02 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATAG_Snapper View Post
Hmmmm, are your monitors hooked up with HDMI as your plasma TV would be? I have no idea if that would make a difference, though.
My ati card has mini display ports so I had to use an adapter to use HDMI on my radeon 5870, so, from the TV a hdmi cable goes into the adapter which transforms it to mdp and goes into the card.
Old 06-10-2012, 09:04 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5./JG27.Farber View Post
You wont like my suggestion but get a projector and an Nvidea card... I looked into the 3 monitor deal but in my opinion and its cheaper to get a projector plus you dont have the lines... Ill never ever buy another ati card.
Thanks, I might do that when theres more free time