Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Movie Making and Videos

Old 01-07-2012, 06:38 PM
Approved Member

Awesome!

and a lot of chat...

~S~
Old 01-08-2012, 01:43 AM
Approved Member

Yes, sometimes I get to fly with rather verbose pilots... ;-P
Old 01-10-2012, 12:04 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdog_kt View Post
you'll see your boost climbing back up to an acceptable number after you pull the bitch back
- Just to be totally sure, I guess you meant "pitch"? (Freudian slip?)
Old 01-10-2012, 03:52 PM
Approved Member

It must be a Freudian slip of his thought processing: the P is no where near to B on a keyboard...

Source for the sceptical: http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpos...11&postcount=9
Old 01-20-2012, 01:58 PM
Approved Member

Hi all,

Here's a new one of the little videos I make for fun in CoD: hope you like it. (Click image for going to my web site, where it is the first video in the list)

I'm back in my trusty Bf-110 with a not quite so trustworthy rear gunner...

- I have been quite unhappy with the changes made to youtube, so I did my own web site for my videos. I hope you will like it: www.flightsimvids.com - You can still make comments via youtube on my videoes, but at least now they are presented a bit better.
Old 01-20-2012, 03:32 PM
Approved Member

Great one again. I think I am hook as a fan.

How did you manage to get out of this 110 after crash landing into the sea. I am always stuck in the cockpit ?

Regarding the rear gunner, if your switch to rear gunner view ONCE, AI won't take it over afterward. You'll need to man it by yourself (none Freudian slip here be re-assured).

Last edited by TomcatViP; 01-20-2012 at 03:35 PM.
Old 01-20-2012, 05:16 PM
Approved Member

Hehe, that getting out of the plane bit was pure movie trickery. It goes down, does the washing-machine routine and then the camera just switches to exterior view, as any time a player dies. I just kept on with the annotations as if I was still alive...

Ah, good info re: the rear gunner. I didn't know that. So, if I leave him alone the AI will control him and shoot back at attackers?
Old 01-20-2012, 05:55 PM
Approved Member

sometimes they do, sometimes they don´t. i had a hurri just a hundred meters behind me, the gunner had a clear shot at the bogey, yet he didn´t do anything and got killed. quickly afterwards i was dead in the water. it seems to be a bit of luck if he shoots at enemies or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 41Sqn_Banks View Post
The devs need to continue to tweak the FM balance until there is equal amount of whining from both sides.

Last edited by FFCW_Urizen; 01-20-2012 at 05:55 PM. Reason: typo
Old 01-23-2012, 06:56 PM
Approved Member

Another good video in your unique style. The cartoon-style text balloons are quite effective, and as others have said, humorous. They do add a "human" touch which is not easy to accomplish in any flightsim video or movie. Well done, again.
Old 02-04-2012, 04:47 PM
Approved Member

Hi all,

I put up a new movie, and this time it is a bit more useful than the fun vids I've made so far. It is my best attempt at a Spitfire Mk. I Tutorial movie.

Find the movie on my web site: www.flightsimvids.com

There is a LOT more work to making a tutorial video than to my usual vids for pure amusement, so I hope you will appreciate the effort! (Even if perhaps not the result...)

If you haven't enjoyed the superb fun that is flying with Complex Engine Management in Il-2 CoD maybe now is the time!

- The Spitfire modelled in CoD really gives a tremendous feeling of raw power wrapped inside a beautiful, streamlined aeroplane. When you master it (I'm still not quite there) you will have a great feeling of the sky belonging to you, zooming around effortlessly at the flick of a wrist and the slight push of a lever. There is heft and inertia to the plane, and it can be quite daunting to take it up, but it DOES help that one's behind is not on the line, and that the hierarchy won't have that behind served on a platter if you muck up...

I can only imagine the excitement and fear that must have gripped young recruits back then, 70-odd years ago, when they first walked out to a parked Spitfire before taking her up. Actually, I can imagine it much better now that I have flown it in CoD.

Big thanks go to 2GvSAP_Flea, who helped me a lot with the video, and whose super-impressive "Il-2 CoD Aircraft Operations Checklist" can be found on my web site as well. Also thanks to jf1981 (1C forums), whose comments and quick guide helped a lot too. I made my own quick guide (partly based on Flea's pdf and jf1981's document) and linked it at the web site too, for those who want to just jump into the Spit and get her into the air. And maybe even land...

Pls comment if you think I should correct some things in the movie, or well, if you just feel like it...